Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Any idea if gamestop are doing bundles or is it just fifa/forza

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I was told in GameStop yesterday that the only bundle they had been told about at that stage was buy two games and get a third at half price.

Not much to get excited about there.

He was hoping that more bundle options would become available before tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

I was told in GameStop yesterday that the only bundle they had been told about at that stage was buy two games and get a third at half price.

He was hoping that more bundle options would become available before tomorrow though.

Yeah I was told that this morning when I was paying off the last of my copy of Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition. Roll on 12 bells!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,167 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cheers - will have to find out how much a controller is and do some maths....

609.99 and add a controller or 595 and add a game...

Controller is €55 in Smyths or €70 for one with a charge kit

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Sorry if been mentioned anyone tried UPC TV through Xbox how is that working?

Id guess its not supported and we just get the pass through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rafloution wrote: »

Not tested (don't have it yet) but would assume pass through, which I'm ok with.

Neither of my tvs have PiP - can't understand why, but this feature will give me that functionality again, so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rafloution wrote: »

Taken from a review of the console.
    At first the Xbox One’s TV and entertainment features were promoted as heavily, if not more so, than its games. But just as was feared at the time they prove to be heavily biased towards the US in terms of not just the content, but the way that Americans watch and use television. For example, in order to make use of instantly switching between live TV and a game you need a set-top box with HDMI output and we just haven’t got that in the room we use for gaming.

We know the feature works but it’s not one we can use at home, and since Microsoft themselves have provided statistics showing that just over half of the country are in the same boat the specifics of the feature feel poorly thought and discriminatory.

Even just using online apps to access TV content is disappointing, since as you can see from this list of launch options the only major UK-only service featured is Channel 4′s 4oD. There’s no BBC iPlayer, no ITV, and most strangely of all no Sky – or any hint of its inclusion until well into next year. And apparently the much touted Live TV guide somehow doesn’t support either Sky TV or Freeview HD, which seems an absurd oversight.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/20/xbox-one-verdict-console-and-controller-hardware-review-4193642/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'd take Titanfall over live tv any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

peteeeed wrote: »

Thank feck I didn't get one at launch so.

This would have messed me up, as I need the optical out for my setup. I have a 305 Onkyo (entry level amp a few years ago), that won't process audio via HDMI unfortunately. For people with decent amps, this wouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

They are doing

549.99 for console + Fifa/Forza + 1 game

609.99 for console + Fifa/Forza + 2 games

595 for console + Fifa/Forza + 1 game + extra controller.

That's Fifa or Forza, which ever one you preordered.

I have a Fifa version preordered. What are the chances of switching to a Forza one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did MS confirm in the end that voice will work here, seen some people saying it worked in some games but not on the dash; accents maybe.

If the ONE is like the 360 then the voice controls are not implemented individually in each game but by the system itself so it should work consistently baring any strong accents.

Doesn't matter if it's Sony, MS, or Nintendo, voice control is the only part of this non-controller stuff I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Spoke to the manager in The Parkway, Limerick a little while ago and he said the same, no bundles, just the buy 2 games and get the 3rd at half price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Anyone here order direct from Microsoft and get an email with tracking number?

Seems UPS have made quite **** up so don't be expecting your XB1 to arrive tomorrow, ****ing pointless ringing MS India support as well :(

miju wrote: »

Seems UPS have made quite **** up so don't be expecting your XB1 to arrive tomorrow, ****ing pointless ringing MS India support as well :(

It is not just here, it is happening everywhere according to posters on Neogaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I got my email about 2 o'clock, when I was talking to them on the live chat earlier they said that there was quite a big delay in sending shipping notifications and that just because you haven't received one doesn't mean it hasn't shipped, not sure how true that is but that is what they said. My tracking number isn't working yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi Miju,

Have you any more information? I haven't heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Does anyone know which Tesco stores are getting this ? I have called them and all they can tell me is "We have limited stock and it's on a first come first serve basis" well I know that but Where ? Which Stores are getting them ? Dundrum, Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire etc.

Anybody know ?

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    Does anyone know which Tesco stores are getting this ? I have called them and all they can tell me is "We have limited stock and it's on a first come first serve basis" well I know that but Where ? Which Stores are getting them ? Dundrum, Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire etc.

Anybody know ?

It is meant to be just the Extra stores and they are only getting 15 consoles each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xenji wrote: »
    It is meant to be just the Extra stores and they are only getting 15 consoles each.

Yes, I heard their store levels were going to be quite low alright. Still you MIGHT get one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Hi Miju,

Have you any more information? I haven't heard anything

Basically, from what I was told by MS support on the phone was that UPS haven't started the shipping / delivery process for a very large portion of the MS ordered XB1s

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Varik wrote: »
    Did MS confirm in the end that voice will work here, seen some people saying it worked in some games but not on the dash; accents maybe.

If the ONE is like the 360 then the voice controls are not implemented individually in each game but by the system itself so it should work consistently baring any strong accents.

Doesn't matter if it's Sony, MS, or Nintendo, voice control is the only part of this non-controller stuff I like.
    If you set your Xbox One region as Ireland, the Kinect Voice control won't work. We're one of the countries not supported at launch. If you set your region as UK, it works great but then some apps and the Xbox store won't work correctly if you have an Irish MS account and have your region set as a different country. Bit frustrating to have to choose between one or the other at the moment. I have no idea when Ireland will be fully supported either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What's the story with Killer Instinct? It's free from the store with one playable character yeah?

If the console is setup under UK language (for voice support), will we stil be able to d/l KI from the store or will we be redirected to the UK store because of the language setup?

If anyone downloaded the day one update from the Microsoft site it will not work with your console and has been pulled.
    Microsoft removes instructions, files for updating Xbox One offline

Microsoft has removed instructions on how to update Xbox One without being online. Originally, one could download the Emergency Offline Update onto their PC and save the files to a flash drive, then insert the stick into the USB port on the console.

Not only have the instructions been removed from the official website, but according to Eurogamer, the files which users could download manually update Xbox One have also been pulled.

“The site was not an alternative way to take the Day One update and customers still need to connect to Xbox Live for the update,” a spokesperson said regarding the pull. “Because of the complexity of this customer support process we’ve actually removed the page and we will work with customers directly to make sure they have a smooth experience.”

No further details were offered, but now, should customers run into difficulties with the Day One update, they will have to call customer service instead. We wish them the best of luck getting through on launch day.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/21/microsoft-removes-instructions-files-for-updating-xbox-one-offline/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The controller comes with batteries not a re-chargeable one, I'm a bit miffed at that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Xenji wrote: »
    If anyone downloaded the day one update from the Microsoft site it will not work with your console and has been pulled.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/21/microsoft-removes-instructions-files-for-updating-xbox-one-offline/

That's kind of strange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

The controller comes with batteries not a re-chargeable one, I'm a bit miffed at that.

Have you forgotten the same company tried to screw us over before they changed their views on game-sharing?

I'm quite surprised you even get batteries to be honest with you.

That's a plus in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Ryse is a game i can see myself buying in a few months for half the price it is now and enjoying the hell out of. It looks so nice.
    Have you forgotten the same company tried to screw us over before they changed their views on game-sharing?

Let it go, move on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

Bought an extra controller with Gamestop.ie
    It just arrived! Pity I wont get the console until tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

bur wrote: »
    Ryse is a game i can see myself buying in a few months for half the price it is now and enjoying the hell out of. It looks so nice.

As the reviewers stated, it is beautiful, but boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement