Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What a yawnfest. Snap is the only remotely interesting thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What were you expecting? Other than Nintendo really working their franchises into the ground they weren't going to do much else at a console launch.

They could have actually tried to take Sony head on with some actual games and not pre rendered videos

If it is to be launched this year I can't believe there's no proper game footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dogs!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Spoiler the dog dies at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is it just me or does that just look like the fat guy from Full Metal Jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Peter Molyneaux, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Some people got their hopes up far too much. Did you really expect gameplay footage of Xbox exclusives with E3 as close as it is?

I expected at least one game to be shown to show off the console in action :(

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Why is it the size of a small car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Compared to the Xbox One and PS4 the WiiU is looking a lot better for games. At least it has interesting stuff coming for it.

Ah come on. Your taking the mick with that comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol the lean feature is added to consoles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It is growing on your eyes lol!

Lol Nintendo stock is going up too lol!

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=NTDOY

Microsoft stock falling lol

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=MSFT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lean feature people. First seen in System Shock 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Missed oppertunity by MS, they've just revealed a TV-centric media center and feels like they catered more for an American consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Exclusive Dog Armour for Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Oh yeah... Where is Fable?! Wait for it...

They could have actually tried to take Sony head on with some actual games and not pre rendered videos

Yeah but it was always going to be franchise games, it was pretty unlikely they'd announce a new Dragon Quest game today as part of the launch.

cursai wrote: »
    Ah come on. Your taking the mick with that comment.

Well I for one completely agree with retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Silly putting 'new' in the same sentence as COD.

Mod can we ban microsoft as their trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

A lean feature u mean like cod1 on pc from 10 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wish they'd have spent this much time talking about exclusive games. I couldn't give a fúck about COD if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The best games Sony showed didn't use the PS4 for the game footage. They used PCs. Both reveals were damp squibs. How anyone can choose based on their respective reveals is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

COYVB wrote: »
    It's an entertainment unit firstly, a games console secondarily
    Yup, there'll be plenty of the console, loads of crappy kinect 2, 3-4 games (one of which is obviously ghosts) and then about 45 minutes on how it's an "entertainment system"
    You'll get a vague "before the holidays"

Can people now stop saying "source" whenever I post something about this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Thank you microsoft, i don't want any of those things. Has decent specs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

YES HATS IN MY COD, screw you tf2!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

They really blow game features out don't they?

Like leaning from walls and sliding features? you'd swear it took them months and months to come up with the idea and implement them. Like no game ever had them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

That_Guy wrote: »
    I wish they'd have spent this much time talking about exclusive games. I couldn't give a fúck about COD if I'm honest.

this.

Completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

This is dreadful

I have no interest in American sports and even if I did I would find this a shockingly poor reveal.

The muted applauding says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

character customization....A new first in multiplayer......ehm what??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

"We focus on gameplay."

Glad they showed us....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement