Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

bur wrote: »
    Ryse is a game i can see myself buying in a few months for half the price it is now and enjoying the hell out of. It looks so nice.

Let it go, move on with your life.

You seem a bit lost friend.

I've purchased the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That's kind of strange?

Very strange, they said before you could not do it and was surprised to see you could today and now they are saying you can't do it again.

Anyone else seen the article that shows how the Xbox ONE has 10% of its GPU resources 'reserved for Kinect' but that could 'change in future' as they may eventually give the devs access to it.

That's a big plus for people who (like myself) would like an increase in GPU power.

I understand it's small but every little helps, right?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-microsoft-to-unlock-more-gpu-power-for-xbox-one-developers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I have a Fifa version preordered. What are the chances of switching to a Forza one?
    I don't work there so I don't know, i'd give them a call.

Nutmeg wrote: »
    If you set your Xbox One region as Ireland, the Kinect Voice control won't work. We're one of the countries not supported at launch. If you set your region as UK, it works great but then some apps and the Xbox store won't work correctly if you have an Irish MS account and have your region set as a different country. Bit frustrating to have to choose between one or the other at the moment. I have no idea when Ireland will be fully supported either.
    I am guessing the best thing to do is set the region to Ireland and download everything you need from the Xbox store and then switch to UK region after??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

I am guessing the best thing to do is set the region to Ireland and download everything you need from the Xbox store and then switch to UK region after??

Thats exactly what I'll be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Do Microsoft think all speak As Geilge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wonder what the wife would say if I told her I put the new blanket on the bed

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/people-already-lining-up-for-xbox-one-in-new-york-city

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's a nice gesture with the blankets, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Probably going to make back the cost by selling them over priced coffee while they wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

I was told in GameStop yesterday that the only bundle they had been told about at that stage was buy two games and get a third at half price.

Not much to get excited about there.

He was hoping that more bundle options would become available before tomorrow though.

i was told yesterday that there was only two bundles - cod ghost + controller or fifa14 + controller for 540E

i had voucher for my console so only have to pay 15e to upgrade my 360 fifa to the One fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

That COD Ghost bundle would suit me well as I have the console paid off and a tenner each on a controller and Ghost.

The lot for an extra €20 and I'll be delighted!

irishchris wrote: »
    i was told yesterday that there was only two bundles - cod ghost + controller or fifa14 + controller for 540E

i had voucher for my console so only have to pay 15e to upgrade my 360 fifa to the One fifa

Highly doubt it's a controller and a game.

The controller I believe you're referring to is the one that already comes with the console.

Pretty average bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

miju wrote: »
    Basically, from what I was told by MS support on the phone was that UPS haven't started the shipping / delivery process for a very large portion of the MS ordered XB1s

MS as in Xbox support?

We have no info at all on it....

Surely you mean MS Store Support?

They are dealing with it, not standard Xbox support...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

bundles online from gamestop are just as said above either fifa or ghost for 539.99, not a great bundle, i hope they have some better ones in store but i doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

People getting Battlefield 4 tonight. Don't forget to about asking for your China expansion DLC. Not sure if its separate item out of box?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

People getting Battlefield 4 tonight. Don't forget to about asking for your China expansion DLC. Not sure if its separate item out of box?

Also the game is totally broken in its current state, so do not judge it till the patch comes out.

Its weird that the first DLC for BF4 that drops tomorrow is "second assault". Preorders in gamestop come with "China rising", the 2nd DLC pack.

I am getting premium anyway instead of paying for second assault so China rising will be included with premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

4 ****1NG HOURS ...........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's nippy out there....

...now off to play soccer :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Its weird that the first DLC for BF4 that drops tomorrow is "second assault". Preorders in gamestop come with "China rising", the 2nd DLC pack.

I am getting premium anyway instead of paying for second assault so China rising will be included with premium.

Microsoft are partners with EA for the xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Looks like voice commands certainly aren't working in Ireland. I've even tried a crappy yank accent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ronan wrote: »
    Looks like voice commands certainly aren't working in Ireland. I've even tried a crappy yank accent ;)

Did you try and switch your region to the UK?

I believe PS4 users don't get second assault DLC at launch, not sure when it
    comes for them?

China rising DLC was just an incentive to pre-order. Never got premium with Battlefield 3, but might get it if Battlefield 4 is amazing.

You've got to switch to the UK Region from Ireland,, i believe, to get voice controls to work, least that's what i have read?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Did you try and switch your region to the UK?
    You've got to switch to the UK Region from Ireland,, i believe, to get voice controls to work, least that's what i have read?

I'll give it a go and let you know.

Xenji wrote: »
    Also the game is totally broken in its current state, so do not judge it till the patch comes out.

Is that only the PC and PS4 versions? Has the XB1 battlefield 4 been tested yet? I wouldn't be surprised if all versions have issues. Hopefully i get time tonight to play it, playing some Fifa 14 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I'll give it a go and let you know.

You mean theres no voice control at all at all? Dang. I just thought it was certain features like Xbox on.

You mean theres no voice control at all at all? Dang. I just thought it was certain features like Xbox on.

Ireland, Australia, New Zealand have no kinect voice at launch. It be updated later with patches. Microsoft, said Kinect was having trouble understanding certain accents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

When you set the language to UK region most commands work...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement