Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Didn't know voice commands were going to be region locked. I'll change my language setting tomorrow.

Screaming at my Xbox like a thick for the last half hour. Got the gesture stuff working though. Also, love being ale to switch between my UPC box and Xbox so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Ghosts is telling me the kinect doesn't support the locale its set to...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

V9 wrote: »
    Ghosts is telling me the kinect doesn't support the locale its set to...

Set your language to Uk English and it *should*...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I got dead rising and ryse day one editions, I'm waiting on the update, anyone know what's the add on for day one edition of the games ?

I've no idea, but my day one update was quick enough. However when I put in the BF4 disc and selected install, I think it said update to be downloaded, and now thats crawling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is not fun. On hold to support for 30 mins. Not downloading at all router workin perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

When you got your xbox tonight was there people buying without preorder
    and if so what shops were you in
    Good luck to yous all and enjoy yourselfs
    we all deserve are games what ever they are

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It sure does take a long time before you can play a game, booted it up at 12.30 and still waiting an hour and a half later.
    I'm about 10 minutes away from a go at Ryse I hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I took a few shots when I got home. I deleted the images from the main page (didn't realise they were soooo big) and put a link below if anyone wants to have a goo:

B1_zpsf9d8ab56.jpg

Picture Link:
    http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/shuffles03/library/Xbox%20One?sort=3&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

When you got your xbox tonight was there people buying without preorder
    and if so what shops were you in
    Good luck to yous all and enjoy yourselfs
    we all deserve are games what ever they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I took a few shots when I got home. I deleted the images from the main page (didn't realise they were soooo big) and put a link below if anyone wants to have a goo:

B1_zpsf9d8ab56.jpg

Picture Link:
    http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/shuffles03/library/Xbox%20One?sort=3&page=1

3% per cent on Fifa 5 minutes download, it sucks when you have a bad connection (6 meg)

Loving the new controller, its feels really bulky in my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Blazer wrote: »
    about 1 minute for me on superfast 200meg broadband :)
    although you'd think at this stage that MS would allow simultaneous downloads ffs:confused:

Makes sense your connection is 10x faster ha. Installing Fifa is taking a long time, going to let it install and go to bed. Does anyone know how to access the console settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

I dont think ill ever get sick of scanning in codes with the kinect. :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Nolars wrote: »

A future in tesco awaits :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Battlefield took an age to install, only played one game of tdm, but wow, the sound is incredible. Only did one race in forza (which let Me start playing when it was only 20% downloaded. ) graphics are very very crisp, static shots look like real life photos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorted. Needed to hold down power button for 10 seconds until system
    Shuts down itself. Retried and downloading fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

It can scan your penis too, right? I wouldn't think I'd be getting any achievement points for the size of mine LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Did everyone get a day 1 edition of dead rising 3, I got the standard in Smyths, is that a store error?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Did everyone get a day 1 edition of dead rising 3, I got the standard in Smyths, is that a store error?
    I got a day one edition in smyths

monster1 wrote: »
    I got a day one edition in smyths

Thanks, did it cost more or was it supposed to be given out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Thanks, did it cost more or was it supposed to be given out?

Mine cost 29.99 in GameStop, must have been some kind of bundle deal i got 3 games in total, it's only an add on of some kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Has anyone been able to get the voice commands to work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

I also got the Standard Edition in Smyths (was told there was no Day Ones left and I got the last standard one). But you can go to the store and download the Day One DLC for free so it doesn't really make a difference except the case.

The JMC wrote: »
    I also got the Standard Edition in Smyths (was told there was no Day Ones left and I got the last standard one). But you can go to the store and download the Day One DLC for free so it doesn't really make a difference except the case.
    Thanks for the info.

Can anyone tell me how to find active downloads, I am all over the dashboard trying to find out what I have in my queue. :confused:

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone tell me how to find active downloads, I am all over the dashboard trying to find out what I have in my queue. :confused:

If ya go to "My games & apps" on the Home tab, you should be able to see your current download and what is in the queue. Not sure if there is anything like what the 360 had for a queue yet though. Still getting to grips with this UI.

The JMC wrote: »
    If ya go to "My games & apps" on the Home tab, you should be able to see your current download and what is in the queue. Not sure if there is anything like what the 360 had for a queue yet though. Still getting to grips with this UI.
    Same, checking everything out and downloading games and apps.

shane7218 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get the voice commands to work ?

yea one thelads has it working perfect by switching region.

Same, checking everything out and downloading games and apps.

I just wish I had more QR codes to scan, that has been the funnest part so far! Took an absolute eternity to install CoD and just installing Dead Rising now. Might get some gaming in tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

yea one thelads has it working perfect by switching region.

Yeah switched to UK works flawless. Cant understand why they just let you use them as ireland and just say they have not been optimised

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lazymanschair

Anyone able to find the internet explorer app, not showing up, not sure if its because I set my location to united kingdom for the voice recognition.

Leaning with Kinect in battlefield is amazing.

• Advertisement

"xbox play call of duty ghosts" "Xbox snap twitch"
    From the other room "Shut up"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement