Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Got my Xbox at midnight, home by quarter past 12 and raring to go. Turned on my Xbox.... but nothing. Tried absolutely everything but no joy. After over an hour I finally copped on I had the hdmi in the wrong socket. Was really beginning to freak out.
    Also I put my location to UK but had to switch it back to Ireland to use the credit on my account to purchase games.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Got to my mates house (40meg) downloaded the patch, the ghosts update and then started downloading Forza while playing ghosts, gave up at 4am and Forza was still only at 60% even though we could play it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Can't get online in fifa won't go any further than the choose a security question for origin screen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can't get online in fifa won't go any further than the choose a security question for origin screen
    Go to origin on your PC or any other device, sign in and the security question should pop up here and you can answer it there instead. Got this on BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

rev3games live release stream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqsS12jcM34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lads I wish many happy years with yer Xbox 1's :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

bane_let_the_games_begin_by_dethoveye96-d5l17ft.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Is it possible to take a picture with kinect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Great to hear everyone enjoying their Xbox1s. Will be picking mine up after work this evening. Just wanted to ask a quick question so hopefully someone can help me out.

With regards to the voice commands, to get them working do you have to change the language to UK or your location to UK or both?

And will this affect anything later? Like having an Irish billing address and other settings/information which may be Irish.

Basically I'm just worried that screwing with the settings might come back to bite me later, so I'm thinking of just waiting for MS to release an update for Voice Commands to work in Ireland (however long that may be).

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Hope ye are all enjoying yer new Xboxes. I'll hopefully be playing my new ps4 this time next week. Happy gaming people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Even though I'm not getting an Xbox1 reading all these posts makes it feel like Christmas morning. Good luck to ye lads!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Very happy with it...in relation to the kinect once you've it fully set up for Ireland (for the store) you can change it then to the UK and have kinect working...and its' pretty good.
    Don't forget that with this setting you're accessing the store in the UK and you'll need to change it back to Ireland if buying anything I'd imagine.

2 issues with Fifa at the moment...
    using 2 controllers navigating the board causes it to crash.
    2nd issue is having kinect enabled within the game causes it to snap back to the desktop so to speak..disable kinect when fifa askes you what accent..

Otherwise very happy with it..haven't got much time to mess around with it nor have my upc/tv box through it as the missus is not one bit techy so would only confuse her more. :) which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I still haven't turned mine on. Damn you sleepy time and then proceeding work!!

For those that have, what are the immediate do's/don'ts/musts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Is there any kinect demo stuff? I know there is some free fitness app/progam. But wondering if there is anything like the ps4 eye demo with the little robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Did any of ye do the update over wifi?
    Hopefully thats just scaremongering, saying not to update over wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Not getting one myself but surely this is BS. Not everyone has access to this and must use Wifi. I'd say it's just a rumour that was started by someone. Find it very hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DTA338 wrote: »
    Anyone get party chat working? Seems to be down for me at the mo! Does it require the Kinect to be setup?
    Yes, you need to configure the kinect
    Mr Freeze wrote: »

Updating over wi-fi is grand, its just scaremongering
    Great to hear everyone enjoying their Xbox1s. Will be picking mine up after work this evening. Just wanted to ask a quick question so hopefully someone can help me out.

With regards to the voice commands, to get them working do you have to change the language to UK or your location to UK or both?

And will this affect anything later? Like having an Irish billing address and other settings/information which may be Irish.

Basically I'm just worried that screwing with the settings might come back to bite me later, so I'm thinking of just waiting for MS to release an update for Voice Commands to work in Ireland (however long that may be).

Cheers
    You might get some content that is locale blocked if you switch, but switching back is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I updated with wifi, it does sound like a bull**** rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

The JMC wrote: »
    If ya go to "My games & apps" on the Home tab, you should be able to see your current download and what is in the queue. Not sure if there is anything like what the 360 had for a queue yet though. Still getting to grips with this UI.

Highlight whatever is downloading and choose that options button above the right thumbstick, then you have the option to pause download, etc and it will move on to downloading whatever is next in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there actually not a shortage of Xbox One's as some people are saying on Facebook today, or is that rubbish? The reason I didn't pick one up at launch is because I've a PS4 booked and I don't think I'd play the Xbox One much before March, and I'd rather some kid got one for Christmas, while I can wait.

But if there is some going unsold before Xmas, I wouldn't have to feel like a greedy console hungah!

• Advertisement

Not getting one myself but surely this is BS. Not everyone has access to this and must use Wifi. I'd say it's just a rumour that was started by someone. Find it very hard to believe.

No its not..Gamestop manager last night specifically called out they got this information from Microsoft.

Blazer wrote: »
    No its not..Gamestop manager last night specifically called out they got this information from Microsoft.

He might have said it, but its bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I updated over WiFi grand. Granted it made some weird noises after downloading the update.

I thought the drive was fecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I don't think I will ever tire of finding new ways to kill zombies!

He might have said it, but its bollocks.

How so? Do you work in Microsoft? do you the intricacies of how the xbox downloads the patch and installs it?
    If its anything like how they download the game and then you can play it midway through installaton then you'd know that wifi connections are never stable and a temp dropped connection can occur.

How so? Do you work in Microsoft? do you the intricacies of how the xbox downloads the patch and installs it?
    If its anything like how they download the game and then you can play it midway through installaton then you'd know that wifi connections are never stable and a temp dropped connection can occur.

Experience. If the connection drops it will just proceed on reconnection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

If it was the case then MS would have released a statement to the media.
    The last thing they want is to have thousands of people clogging up their support lines. It's BS.

Experience. If the connection drops it will just proceed on reconnection.

So you've obviously updated a few Xbox ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Think about it why would MS design a product with wireless that cannot update over wireless?

Why would this manager have this information and no one else does?

He could just be acting the maggot.

Also, for many people it's not possible to get a wire from the router to console

Seems to be total scaremongering to me as I can't find anything official from MS as it would be a very serious issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Installed the update and FIFA and Skype and Upload and Netflix as well as DR3 last night.

I'm chuffed with everything about it and so glad I never went for that other console we arent allowed mention on this thread.

I love love love love the new controller too!

Roll on tonight!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement