Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

syboit wrote: »
    Is there any kinect demo stuff? I know there is some free fitness app/progam. But wondering if there is anything like the ps4 eye demo with the little robots.

Kinect sports rivals has a preseason that's basically jetski racing, there's also Xbox fitness.I hhaven't tried either yet but I added them to my download queue before going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I thought there was an achievement for getting a day one console? Nothing unlocked for me. I have the day one controller so it's definitely the right pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I thought there was an achievement for getting a day one console? Nothing unlocked for me. I have the day one controller so it's definitely the right pack.

I think there is a code with the paperwork that you need to scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

How do ya unlock the day one achievement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

There should be a piece of paper with the scanner code on it in the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

V9 wrote: »
    How do ya unlock the day one achievement?

Just scan the code.

Wont affect your gamerscore its just an achievement. Nothing major.

Anyone else have problems with the 14 day free trial? Mine wont register?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

trudub83 wrote: »
    Just scan the code.

Wont affect your gamerscore its just an achievement. Nothing major.

Are you currently gold? that might have something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Blazer wrote: »
    So you've obviously updated a few Xbox ones?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

trudub83 wrote: »

Maybe it is one designated for the ROI and not the UK if you changed your region to UK so the voice commands work.

That's just a guess though as I've still to go pick mine up which I'll be doing later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

murpho999 wrote: »
    Think about it why would MS design a product with wireless that cannot update over wireless?

Why would this manager have this information and no one else does?

He could just be acting the maggot.

Also, for many people it's not possible to get a wire from the router to console

Seems to be total scaremongering to me as I can't find anything official from MS as it would be a very serious issue.

Why it might be completely without basis she did out that MS was only saying it unofficially...so if you can hook your xbox to ethernet why take the chance.
    And fallout could be minuscule so there's no way MS would come out with a big statement on launch day taking the gloss off over a few console failures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

No I have my region to Ireland because I wanted to have a look at the Irish store. Will change my region later on when I calibrate my kinect properly.

I am also an xbox live member. Due to expire in March 2014. Would that be the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is there actually not a shortage of Xbox One's as some people are saying on Facebook today, or is that rubbish? The reason I didn't pick one up at launch is because I've a PS4 booked and I don't think I'd play the Xbox One much before March, and I'd rather some kid got one for Christmas, while I can wait.

But if there is some going unsold before Xmas, I wouldn't have to feel like a greedy console hungah!

I would say you have a good chance, not sure if they did it deliberately or not, but the quantity of the console made available for launch was a fair bit lower then the console which shall not be named according to Gamestop.

Blazer wrote: »
    Why it might be completely without basis she did out that MS was only saying it unofficially...so if you can hook your xbox to ethernet why take the chance.
    And fallout could be minuscule so there's no way MS would come out with a big statement on launch day taking the gloss off over a few console failures.

MS do not make unofficial statements concerning potentially bricking consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the story with Killer Instinct, I downloaded it over night and had a quick game this morning, is it completely free?, there was also no feedback from the controller is this something that needs to be enabled or is that just it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

What's the story with Killer Instinct, I downloaded it over night and had a quick game this morning, is it completely free?, there was also no feedback from the controller is this something that needs to be enabled or is that just it.

in game purchases for characters

basic gives you one character and is free, ultra gives you 6 and the combo pack and some other bits and pieces, cant remember price, maybe 40?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

peteeeed wrote: »
    in game purchases for characters

But the game itself is free? I was able to play without buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It is free-to-play. So you get one character, not sure how many arenas. If you want more characters, either wait for them to be slowly rotated or buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, you get one character free, it's Jago at the moment but apparently it will rotate through different characters over time, but the whole game is free with one character unless you choose to buy the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Can anyone confirm if the skygo app is available on the irish store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can anyone confirm if the skygo app is available on the irish store?

AFAIR there are no plans currently to bring Sky Go to Xbox One. Now TV is comming but it won't be here until next summer.

EDIT: Article
    New Xbox One buyers will have no access to Sky TV apps until summer 2014 at the earliest, it emerged on Tuesday.

The broadcaster admitted it has no immediate plans to launch a Sky Go app for the console, which has been a staple on the Xbox 360 for years now.

The company also revealed that Now TV app won't arrive until next summer, despite Microsoft including the pay-as-you-go television service in a list of apps that'll arrive between now and next spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

You can get 6 characters + the next 2 DLC characters for Killer Instinct for 20 bills. Got it this morning.

I was looking through the apps this morning, but don't recall seeing the SkyGo app. Maybe not rolled out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm assuming it's just one of those things and they say a lot that it worked a lot better before but the Rev3games stream looks to have had a lot of issues with the voice commands

Good to hear no one is experiencing any bricked machines etc here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1r7aos/i_found_this_in_my_xbox_one/

Someone found a test disc from March 2013 in their Xbox...

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's just one of those things and they say a lot that it worked a lot better before but the Rev3games stream looks to have had a lot of issues with the voice commands

Good to hear no one is experiencing any bricked machines etc here.

Once I changed my location to the UK I honestly haven't had any issues with voice commands.

I was watching an IGN stream before getting the xbox and the chap had to say "Xbox go home", "Go to skype" etc around 2 or 3 times to get them to work but every command Ive used so far its worked first time and I haven't had to repeat myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Decided I need a good shooting game for it...anyone playing Ghosts?
    Have BF4 on my pc and wondering if I'll go for COD or get BF4 on XB1 as well...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Pushtrak wrote: »

Hopefully it has a similar failure rate as the console that cannot be named and that some of those reports are just fanboys being the horrible, miserable pieces of crap that that they are

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They read a bit iffy. On Amazon, do you have to have purchases the product to review it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm kinda wondering if in a few hours we'll see people have issues with their One that'll take the form of people using the wrong HDMI input. Whatever about real/fake issues that crop up, even well intentioned people could give the impression of there being problems where there are none.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement