Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Are you saying xtravision forced x1 buyers to buy a game or get no console? Microsoft would absolutely crucify them if that's the case!

seems to be the case :\ a game or an accessory. im so pissed off right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Are you saying xtravision forced x1 buyers to buy a game or get no console? Microsoft would absolutely crucify them if that's the case!

Check out the XV Facebook page, a few people are VERY ANGRY. I said it on the PS4 forum that customer care/service is Ireland is Dead. I suggest people just avoid them from now on and buy elsewhere as there is no sign of them changing their ways.

Buying a console at launch should be a pleasurable experience for people and not an opportunity for these lowlifes to scam people! Other than that I hope everyone enjoys their new XB1's!

I assume there was no mention of this when you made the pre-order?

nope. not a mention of this when i paid it off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MarkY91 wrote: »
    nope. not a mention of this when i paid it off

Return the game instantly after getting your console? I'd be raging also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I assume there was no mention of this when you made the pre-order?

They should be reported for that behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

oooooh that's shady, proper extortion, I won't be surprised in the slightest if their supply gets cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

What is the last screen you see before it powers off?

The green xbox start up screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any wonder they went out of business before. They deserve to be fined big time for this. I'm not getting an Xbox or PS4 from them, but I was gonna go buy some games there. Not any more, I'll get them in Gamestop instead. Disgraceful and extortionate

SeaDaily wrote: »
    The green xbox start up screen.

How long does it sit there? Does it restart straight away? If you wiggle the thumbsticks and press the shoulder buttons does it proceed? Can you try disconnecting your network cable, holding power for 10 seconds and see if it will boot then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guys, quick question about a slight problem.

Every now and again, my screen goes black. Just for a second and it comes back, but it's like a black screen flashes up and then off. Anyone else had that?

• Advertisement

Every now and again, my screen goes black. Just for a second and it comes back, but it's like a black screen flashes up and then off. Anyone else had that?

Check your hdmi connection

Complain to Xtravision/Microsoft directly and if no satisfaction get on to the Ombudsman, DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS!

Ombudsman Web Address

https://www.ombudsman.gov.ie/en/make-a-complaint/complaint-online-form/

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

No but I've had it with a blu-ray player. Is your HDMI cable inserted correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Did xtravision at least offer some kind of discount on the extra stuff you had to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

How long does it sit there? Does it restart straight away? If you wiggle the thumbsticks and press the shoulder buttons does it proceed? Can you try disconnecting your network cable, holding power for 10 seconds and see if it will boot then.

I had that screen for a few mins before it moved on to then enter your GMT settings and region. Does it not re-start and move on to the next stage for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Blazer wrote: »
    They should be reported for that behavior.
    Agree. Simply games got beaten with a huge stick for forcing people to get store made bundles on ps4s or they preprder is cancelled.

Good old extravision just went and did it. Feckers. They need to be reported.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What an irresponsibly stupid thing to do. In the long run this bad PR is gonna really hurt them, determined to fail it seems.

tony1980 wrote: »
    I had that screen for a few mins before it moved on to then enter your GMT settings and region.

Ya, thats just the loading screen, it checks for updates also before pushing you to home or the OOBE. Console shouldn't reboot there unless it is applying an update but you should see a visual indicator.

It stays on the startup screen for about 20 seconds and then the startup screen disappears as if the main menu is about to come up but the console then just shuts down. Yep restarts almost straight away. Just tried wiggling the analog sticks, but it made no difference......

Okay wait just tried again while writing that post and ive got into the main menu

ive posted to their fb wall and emailed them asking what the story is with being forced to buy a game so i can have a console i legally purchased. i told them that its illegal to do this to us(i dont if it is but its shady as **** anyway)

if i am denied the console i paid for on friday then this that is the last time i will ever purchase anything from xtravision. someone needs to call joe :P

• Advertisement

SeaDaily wrote: »
    It stays on the startup screen for about 20 seconds and then the startup screen disappears as if the main menu is about to come up but the console then just shuts down. Yep restarts almost straight away. Just tried wiggling the analog sticks, but it made no difference......

Okay wait just tried again while writing that post and ive got into the main menu

Do you see a black screen with a little green bar in the middle at any stage? It sounds like an update is waiting to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Can you view your download queue or add to it with Smartglass when say you are at work? I can connect to the console but it seems all I can do is use the remote but obviously I can't see anything as the TV is not in front of me. I thought you could add or view downloads remotely, I can't see that feature at all.

Does anyone know if you can do this? I am at work now and would love to see where my downloads are at, hoping some will be done by lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

ive posted to their fb wall and emailed them asking what the story is with being forced to buy a game so i can have a console i legally purchased. i told them that its illegal to do this to us(i dont if it is but its shady as **** anyway)

if i am denied the console i paid for on friday then this that is the last time i will ever purchase anything from xtravision. someone needs to call joe :P

Even if you do eventually get it, I would be inclined to kick them in to touch anyway. Next time they try and hard ball you, you might not be so lucky...

Do you see a black screen with a little green bar in the middle at any stage? It sounds like an update is waiting to come on.

Oh sorry maybe i was unclear. The update installed fine i have encountered this problem when turning on the xbox and trying to install forza.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Just a quick question,it says on the GameStop website that if I order an x1 by today's date,I'll have it before Christmas,anyone know what date I'd have it? Or in an around? (Just so if have the money together,last min Xmas pressie)

Does anyone know if you can do this? I am at work now and would love to see where my downloads are at, hoping some will be done by lunch time!

Go to your games and apps tile, the download will be there, first tile on the top left.
    edit: oh, with smartglags i am not sure if it is possible.

Call the Gardai launch night if they try to scam you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Shocked at this Xtra Vision malarkey. People should threaten to take it to consumer affairs if it happens at the PS4 launch next week, absolutely ridiculous.

Honestly I don't have any guilt about giving Amazon my money after reading about shops pulling stunts like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Blazer wrote: »
    huh?isnt it supposed to support DNLA streaming? or is this another coming soon feature?
    motherfrakkers :mad:

yep thats what I thought and that was how I sold it to the missus to allow me get it.

Only way I've been able to find out was to do it from the PC as an inbetween
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125228-xbox-one-how-to-stream-content-using-dlna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How can you report xtra-vision, they can sell it any way they want. Consumer affairs can do nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement