Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So that just leaves smyths who aren't't't a load of bastards, or Harvey normans.

Gamestop **** over their online customers and XV **** everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How can you report xtra-vision, they can sell it any way they want. Consumer affairs can do nothing.

False advertising and breach of contract if they did not inform customers before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How can you report xtra-vision, they can sell it any way they want. Consumer affairs can do nothing.

No, they can't blackmail you and say you have to buy a game for a console you've already paid for or they'll cancel it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They can't sell it, and then say - actually, even though we've agreed to sell you this item, and you've fully paid off your preorder like we agreed, well we're changing the contract of our agreement now so that you now need to buy an accessory or game as well.

If that was how they advertised it then all well and good, but changing a contract after the fact isn't kosher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

How many xtravision's did that last night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

trudub83 wrote: »
    No but I've had it with a blu-ray player. Is your HDMI cable inserted correctly?
    Check your hdmi connection

Checked. Still happening. Tried two other HDMI cables, and different sockets on my TV, but still seems to happen every few minutes. Any other suggestions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They surely can't deny people something they have paid for. What was on the receipt of Pre-order?

What about the people who turned up with it paid off and no money to buy games they had no intention of buying? I really feel like they're going to be in deep sh*t about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wing126 wrote: »
    How many xtravision's did that last night?

It is store policy, so all of them, somebody in the pre-order thread was told it was a decision made by the company head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Checked. Still happening. Tried two other HDMI cables, and different sockets on my TV, but still seems to happen every few minutes. Any other suggestions :(

When is it happening, on certain screens or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

try a different TV? i had this issue before with some equipment on a LG tv before.

Does it flicker when the HDMI cable is moved?

• Advertisement

When is it happening, on certain screens or what?

Has happened on multiple screens.

Going to try lowering resolution from 1080 to 720.

EDIT: Nope. Still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Grayditch wrote: »
    I really feel like they're going to be in deep sh*t about this.

I really hope they are. Ridiculous business practice.

Can you try a different HDMI port, if that doesn't do it try a different tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Okay problem is back. I tried to install another game and the xbox shut down. Now it won't start back up again... Why in god's name are flaws like this not ironed out before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Im guessing its a faulty HDMI port on your console, other than that I am fresh out of idea's...sorry!

hope you get it sorted soon. No gamer should be without their desired console on 'their christmas day'

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Okay problem is back. I tried to install another game and the xbox shut down. Now it won't start back up again... Why in god's name are flaws like this not ironed out before release.

They are, but some units get damaged, **** happen unfortunately.

Because its not possible to 100% test everything. When did the console shut down, did it not restart after it shut down, what happened when it tried to restart, did you try the steps i mentioned earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sounds like a dud, take it back as quick as you can for the store to exchange it before there all gone.

Mine took a few fits before I got it going, had to switch it on and off a few times and insert the disk a few times but then it started behaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

imagine going into tesco to buy a loaf of bread and being told you can't as you have to buy butter with it.

Same principle

It seems like a common issue on the official support forum, along with the green screen of death and grinding disk drives, they are telling people to return them as they are damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Im guessing its a faulty HDMI port on your console, other than that I am fresh out of idea's...sorry!

hope you get it sorted soon. No gamer should be without their desired console on 'their christmas day'

Haven't plugged on my X1 yet as im in work, but isnt there a setting that HDMI knows your tv. Cant think of the name of the setting.

Maybe switch that off.

Xenji wrote: »
    It seems like a common issue on the official support forum, they are telling people to return them as they are damaged.

Reboots and freezes during console updates are common though, you'd want to rule that out before going through the hassle of returning the console.

Sounds like a dud, take it back as quick as you can for the store to exchange it before there all gone.

Ah Jesus, that got bad quickly.
    I'm worried it could be a problem with the TV. Reading about similiar problems with other devices online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

any notice on the kinect the 3 red lights in the middle of it ? hope there is a kinnect extension cable, even at 9ft it aint enough for me!

Ah Jesus, that got bad quickly.
    I'm worried it could be a problem with the TV. Reading about similiar problems with other devices online now.

Sorry, I thought you tried different TV's already. Of course, if that a go first

If anyone is having issues, have a look through here, http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269.aspx well till Neogaf has a troubleshooting thread.

syboit wrote: »
    any notice on the kinect the 3 red lights in the middle of it ? hope there is a kinnect extension cable, even at 9ft it aint enough for me!

3 red lights a bit of a pain but you barely notice them after a while. Start calling it Kit and you may just feel like Hasselhoff in Knight Rider :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Because its not possible to 100% test everything. When did the console shut down, did it not restart after it shut down, what happened when it tried to restart, did you try the steps i mentioned earlier?

The console shut down immediately after clicking install for forza. When the controller is on the console goes into the continual startup and then restart cycle without ever actually getting as far as the main menu. I ended up just taking the batteries out of the controller so the xbox wouldn't keep restarting. I tried all the steps you outlined earlier but to no avail unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you got the hdmi cable from your 360, try using that.

• Advertisement

The console shut down immediately after clicking install for forza. When the controller is on the console goes into the continual startup and then restart cycle without ever actually getting as far as the main menu. I ended up just taking the batteries out of the controller so the xbox wouldn't keep restarting. I tried all the steps you outlined earlier but to no avail unfortunately.

Press the power button for 10 seconds to shut it down, that should kill everything, or just unplug it fully. Were you able to get the initial update?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement