Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Reboots and freezes during console updates are common though, you'd want to rule that out before going through the hassle of returning the console.

As I've said before the update installed without a problem so that's not what's going wrong with mine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

allanb49 wrote: »
    imagine going into tesco to buy a loaf of bread and being told you can't as you have to buy butter with it.

Same principle

Not quite, tesco (or xtravision) would be well within their right to do that, and you can simply refuse - however, if you've already paid for the bread and the butter was never part of the agreement...that's where things get a bit slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

SeaDaily wrote: »
    As I've said before the update installed without a problem so that's not what's going wrong with mine.

I'd return it then, there's not much more you can do to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

How can you report xtra-vision, they can sell it any way they want. Consumer affairs can do nothing.

People have paid for a product and Xtra vision won't hand it over unless you buy extra goods with it thats not on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have you got the hdmi cable from your 360, try using that.

Was oldschool. Didn't have a hdmi with my 360 :pac:

Since I turned it back from 720 to 1080, it actually seems to have stopped :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

someone should tweet Microsoft Ireland with this XtraVision stuff and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does Forza really have a 6 gig day one patch and what does it actually do?

Also for people with faulty consoles, return them as fast as possible or you could be waiting till next year if Microsoft have not held a few consoles in reserve.
    Speaking with MCV, Harrison said, “Our job on a tactical level is to ensure we get enough supply to retailers and customers as we possibly can to meet demand, and that will be a struggle but we are doing our best.

“There will be difficulty getting stock through until Christmas but we will do everything we can to accelerate that. And then from a software point-of-view on our services, that are constantly upgrading, we will continue to innovate there. From a games and product point-of-view, we have a very strong line-up for the year ahead. So this is really just one day in the calendar and then tomorrow it is back to work. We have some big games to bring to market in the first quarter and beyond.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Has anyone else heard anything from Microsoft Store about when their XB1 will arrive?

UPS are now saying Monday which is an improvement I guess, still complete bull**** though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

miju wrote: »
    Has anyone else heard anything from Microsoft Store about when their XB1 will arrive?

UPS are now saying Monday which is an improvement I guess, still complete bull**** though
    Nothing for me either, mine doesn't even have a delivery date just says In Transit. How do you use the live chat on the MS store website? I can't even find it and don't want to spend an hour on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hi guys,

Along with many others I'm sure I wont be getting an xbox one/PS4 for at least another year due to backlog and cost etc.. but would love to see some xbox one p0rn if ye feel like posting pics in game etc that'd be cool.

cheers!!

ps hope your all enjoying it. Feeling slightly jealous looking at this thread if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

google it dude, there's plenty of that stuff out there.

dor83 wrote: »
    Nothing for me either, mine doesn't even have a delivery date just says In Transit. How do you use the live chat on the MS store website? I can't even find it and don't want to spend an hour on the phone.

No point speaking to an indian call centre will do your nut in no end.

Basically, MS saying its UPS fault and UPS saying its MS fault. One things for sure my expected delivery date is Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

No point speaking to an indian call centre will do your nut in no end.

Basically, MS saying its UPS fault and UPS saying its MS fault. One things for sure my expected delivery date is Monday.
    Yeah I know, but I'll give them a ring later if it's not here, just to let them know I'm not happy about it. I kind of expected this to happen after talking to them on Wednesday, it's just annoying that MS could have shipped them on time but they didn't and I'm not going to blame UPS at all for it myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

While I haven't got my console yet, I'm not sure how useful that UPS site is.

I'm in London, and while the website says it's out for delivery, it also gives this:
    UPS wrote:
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 11/25/2013, by 12:00 P.M.

Yep that's what Im getting as well. To make matters more annoying MS are adament it will be delivered tomorrow UPS are ADAMENT late Monday if not Tuesday

Black screen is back blinking. Do reckon it's the TV though; when it happens, the screen resizes a bit for a second. Only happening every 30 minutes or so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know what's up with game installation?

Popped in AC4 and it goes from installing to Queued..
    Then it just stops working.

My disk drive better not be ****ed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone know what's up with game installation?

Popped in AC4 and it goes from installing to Queued..
    Then it just stops working.

My disk drive better not be ****ed :mad:

Have you something else downloading? An app or anything like that?

Also, have you switched it to the UK region. Try switching it back for game installations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

trudub83 wrote: »
    Have you something else downloading? An app or anything like that?

Also, have you switched it to the UK region. Try switching it back for game installations

Battlefield was also installing in the background and they where switching :pac:
    Up to 10% on AC4 now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Took nearly 70 odd mins to install Forza 5.

I could play it after 10 minutes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

kinect no longer signs in my (twin) brother as me, I must try it again after he's set up his account on it

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Black screen is back blinking. Do reckon it's the TV though; when it happens, the screen resizes a bit for a second. Only happening every 30 minutes or so though.

I used to have the same problem on my Philips LCD Tv, is your TV set to Auto-Adjust ?

If it is try set it to unzoomed or unscaled and see if that makes a difference

Is there much of an install time?

Took nearly 2 hrs to install FIFA on a 14mbps download speed. Could play Barca -v- Real after 20 mins or so though.

DR3 took maybe 40 mins, a little less but could play the full game after 15 mins

Happy enough with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Anyone know how long BF4 takes to install? Currently at 33% and I might have to pause the install and plug the Xbox out and move it to another room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Some people on adverts really take the biscuit trying to profiteer.

Nolars wrote: »

What are they up to now? Think the highest I saw yesterday was €650 for Day One + FIFA14

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nolars wrote: »

Yep, some lad looking a grand..wtf?

What are adverts rules on profiteering? Is it acceptable to call these guys scum?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Yep that's what Im getting as well. To make matters more annoying MS are adament it will be delivered tomorrow UPS are ADAMENT late Monday if not Tuesday

UPS told me it wont be in the Dublin warehouse until Sunday night

Problems with Dead Rising 3 now. The dialogue has gone all quite and echoy. Can barely hear the characters talking :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Took nearly 70 odd mins to install Forza 5.

I could play it after 10 minutes though.

What broadband speed are you on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement