Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

On the actual box the console came in it gives you 2 diagrams of the max and min heights and distances to have the kinect from player.

Can't get Kinnect to work for the wave racing game.

It is set up correctly - an on the Sports Rival screen I have a green dot, but I get a statement/error saying to make sure Kinnect is set up and not obstructed. Reckon the game simply needs more space between me and it to work, but would be nice if the green dot wasn't green when it clearly isn't working.

Also, 'Xbox Off' doesn't work, stupid accent - keeps thinking I am saying 'Xbox Pause'. 'Xbox On' works fine for me. (obviously set to UK store).

Say Xbox turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone know the quickest way to get kids to sleep? Dying to get back to my new baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Anybody know how to view recently played people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Anyone know the quickest way to get kids to sleep? Dying to get back to my new baby!

Tell them there has been reports of a pedophile kiddy snatcher in the area looking in windows for kids who are not in bed.

It'll get them to bed, but they mightn't sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Tell them there has been reports of a pedophile kiddy snatcher in the area looking in windows for kids who are not in bed.

It'll get them to bed, but they mightn't sleep.
    wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wow.

works better if they have watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

System Commands

Xbox on – Wakes up Xbox One, turns on television and cable/satellite set-top box

Xbox turn off – Puts Xbox One to sleep/off, can turn off television and cable/satellite set-top box

Xbox – Shows menu of global voice command options and begins listening for the next command

Xbox select – Shows voice command options for everything on the screen that are supported. Shows channel shortcuts during full screen TV viewing

Stop listening – Stops Kinect from listening or cancels voice commands if Kinect is triggered during causal conversation

Xbox help – Shows help menu with available options

Xbox use a code – Triggers Kinect code scanning for QR codes

Xbox show notification – Shows on-screen notifications

Identity
    Xbox sign in/out or Xbox sign in as [person] – Signs in/out an Xbox Live member

Gaming
    Xbox record that – Record the previous 30 seconds of gameplay

Xbox start a party – Launches the Party app in Snap mode

Volume
    Xbox volume up/down and Xbox mute/unmute – controls volume of TV set

Navigation and Multitasking
    Xbox go home or Xbox show my stuff – Returns to Home screen

Xbox go to [activity] – Launches specific games, TV shows, apps, notifications and sections of the dash.

Xbox show menu – In full screen, shows menu for whatever is on the screen. At Home, shows menu for whatever is in the current window

Xbox go back – Returns to previous screen or menu option

Xbox Snap [app] – Launches activity in Snap mode

Xbox unsnap – Unsnaps activity in Snap mode

Xbox switch – Switches control of the activities in Snap mode and Fill mode

Communication
    Xbox Skype [Person] or Xbox call [person] – Launches Skype call, must be a person from your Skype favorites list on your Xbox One

Xbox answer/answer without video – Answers incoming Skype call

Xbox hang up – Ends Skye call

Xbox send a message – Sends message to your Xbox Live friends

TV
    Xbox watch TV – Launches cable or satellite TV from set top box

Xbox watch [channel] – Changes cable or satellite TV to specific channel when channel shortcuts are showing

Xbox show guide or Xbox OneGuide – Launches OneGuide for cable or satellite TV subscribers

Transport Controls
    Xbox play/stop/pause/fast forward/rewind/faster/slower/skip forward/skip backward/next song/previous song – Transport controls for media playback; play and pause also work for gameplay.

Xbox Play [music/video] – Launches video and music playback

Bing and Internet Explorer
    Browse to [website] – Browse to the specific website when in Internet Explorer

Xbox Bing [name] – Launches Bing and searches for the specific item

Anyone get UPC to play through the Xbox?

The UPC box I am using is not Horizon, but it does have HDMI out, which is what I have always used to display it to my TV. The Xbox doesn't appear to pick up the signal though.

I knew the TV guide stuff was never going to work, but I assumed that it would simply pick up the output of the HDMI and display it, with no control over it.

When I say 'Go to TV' it switches to a blank screen. Sometimes it will say the signal has been lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Kevvv wrote: »
    Anybody know how to view recently played people?

I haven't been able to find this either. Core feature of X360 (party, friends, recent players) just removed like that. Seems weird.

I've also just found out, you need to be ONLINE to get achievements. WTF is that all about? My internet has been knocked off, and suddenly a wave of achievements just come flooding in.

Is anybody having problems installing the Ghosts update? Just stuck at 0%. I installed the game earlier without any problems, was playing it (offline) and then Xbox recognises a connection then forces me to download an update I can't seem to download. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone get UPC to play through the Xbox?

The UPC box I am using is not Horizon, but it does have HDMI out, which is what I have always used to display it to my TV. The Xbox doesn't appear to pick up the signal though.

I knew the TV guide stuff was never going to work, but I assumed that it would simply pick up the output of the HDMI and display it, with no control over it.

When I say 'Go to TV' it switches to a blank screen. Sometimes it will say the signal has been lost.

Mine works fine. You have to go through a little setup. Mine is a Sky HD+ box, but I've tried a 360 and Macbook Pro and both worked fine using the HDMI in slot. The OneGuide is not supported with Sky or UPC yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Microsoft & Xtravision/HMV come out of this launch looking pretty bad. It's crazy that MS didn't get the shipments out on time, I'd be pretty pissed off at having the Day Four Edition. The sh*t that Xtravision/HMV are pulling is a joke. It's very very shady at best.

Did the people with 22nd/23rd estimated delivery dates from Amazon get theirs today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This might sound very wrong, but how in the blue hell do i input my existing origin details into Fifa 14??? I can only see an option to create a new origin account??

v3ttel wrote: »
    Microsoft & Xtravision/HMV come out of this launch looking pretty bad. It's crazy that MS didn't get the shipments out on time, I'd be pretty pissed off at having the Day Four Edition. The sh*t that Xtravision/HMV are pulling is a joke. It's very very shady at best.

Did the people with 22nd/23rd estimated delivery dates from Amazon get theirs today?

And Gamestop have won me back, delivering it the day before it actually released. :D

Will order from them again in the future. I was one of the few unlucky people people who had their GTA V order cancelled the day before release.

Ghosts installation is at 1% after 1 hour. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just picked up mine. At the counter i was advised to apply the update via Ethernet cable because if wifi drops during the update it will mess up the console. I dont have a long enough cable. Should i chance it? My connection is normally solid

I done mine via Wifi and it was fine.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I done mine via Wifi and it was fine.

I actually went out yesterday and bought one of those powerline plug things specifically for the Xbox One - you run a ethernet cable from the modem to the plug, and in the other room an ethernet cable from the plug to the console. Gives me a rock solid connection, at full pace (my can be quite slow - would have taken days to do all the downloads over wifi!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Ghosts installation is at 1% after 1 hour. :rolleyes:

the first few % is an update

Nolars wrote: »
    the first few % is an update

It is the update. I installed the full game earlier. Downloaded FIFA 14 yesterday in about 3 hours, so while my connection is slow, it's not that slow.

Only options I get when I go to YouTube in the store is Unpin and Rate. Think I downloaded it from the UK store yesterday and whenever I try to start it, it just crashes. So I uninstalled it, but now I can't get it back. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dunno if there is a thread for xb1 ghosts but if anyone wants to party up im up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

is ghosts any good? have BF4 on the pc already but deciding between that and ghosts for the xb1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bu11pup

Anyone download xbox fitness?Everytime I try to start it it crashes back to the home screen.This is happening a lot with bf4 and other apps I've downloaded.I think we need another update already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

For anyone that has bought an xbox one, could you tell me if the skygo app is there?

Tilikum wrote: »
    For anyone that has bought an xbox one, could you tell me if the skygo app is there?

it is not

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

Hi guys. Hope you are all enjoying the Xbox One as much as I am! :)

I have a little problem... When I was near the end of the set-up process for my X1 last night I was given the opportunity to get a 30 day Gold Trial. So, I went ahead entering my credit card details (that are required for verification purposes) and when I got as far as entering my card number, I got about 8 digits entered and for some reason the X1 jumped back to the Home screen. I'm 100% sure I didn't hit any buttons on the controller that I shouldn't have.

Now, I can't seem to get the option for the trial back again and I'm still a silver member.

Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas how to get the 30 day Trial options back again?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can someone answer this simple question for me? If you set your region to UK, and want to change back to the Ireland region, will it affect the content you've bought or downloaded already?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

madcabbage wrote: »
    Can someone answer this simple question for me? If you set your region to UK, and want to change back to the Ireland region, will it affect the content you've bought or downloaded already?
    As far as I can tell it's all fine. I downloaded everything I needed and then changed region to the UK. Everything is as it once was except for the store etc. being the UK version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Well a buddy of mine who works in gamestop showed me this link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region and reckons that if you change you could lose your data you've downloaded or bought.

I just want to be sure that I dont lose my digital copy of FIFA 14 if I was to switch to the Irish region, was using the UK region so I could use the Kinect voice commands.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

madcabbage wrote: »
    Well a buddy of mine who works in gamestop showed me this link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region and reckons that if you change you could lose your data you've downloaded or bought.

I just want to be sure that I dont lose my digital copy of FIFA 14 if I was to switch to the Irish region, was using the UK region so I could use the Kinect voice commands.:)

Just a heads up as well that FIFA's voice commands will work if your region is set to Ireland, since you can choose Irish as your accent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement