Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

madcabbage wrote: »
    Well a buddy of mine who works in gamestop showed me this link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region and reckons that if you change you could lose your data you've downloaded or bought.

I just want to be sure that I dont lose my digital copy of FIFA 14 if I was to switch to the Irish region, was using the UK region so I could use the Kinect voice commands.:)
    I had downloaded Fifa 14 last night when my region was set to Ireland and then I switched to UK earlier today. Fifa is still there and working just fine. ;)
    I like the UI. Console is super quiet but i still have to run a disc yet. What value has the day one achievement?

There's no gamer score/value for the achievement unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I think I see what Xbox were trying to do with the whole disc-less system now. My games are installed on the system, but still require the disc to play them. Imagine if you only needed the disc to install it and then could play it freely without needing to insert the disc every time. That would be awesome. Still wouldn't like the need to "check in" every 24 hours though. Of course you can buy the games on the console, but on a slow connection it's not very practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

I've had the console nearly 24 hours and have yet to play a game due to my slow net speed. Finally got my Fifa download completed after 9+hours and it tries to launch and locks to a black screen and does not play....QUITE ANNOYING!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Tilikum wrote: »
    For anyone that has bought an xbox one, could you tell me if the skygo app is there?

It's not and won't be until next year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Well a buddy of mine who works in gamestop showed me this link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region and reckons that if you change you could lose your data you've downloaded or bought.

I just want to be sure that I dont lose my digital copy of FIFA 14 if I was to switch to the Irish region, was using the UK region so I could use the Kinect voice commands.:)

What a day, glad its over now tbh.... ;-)

Don't do that posted above, it changes your GT region and will only complicate things for you down the road!

Are GS actually telling people to do that just to have Kinect work?

If they are, a call to head office will have to be made tomorrow as it is false information....

Really complicates things for everyone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LukeS_ wrote: »
    I think I see what Xbox were trying to do with the whole disc-less system now. My games are installed on the system, but still require the disc to play them. Imagine if you only needed the disc to install it and then could play it freely without needing to insert the disc every time. That would be awesome. Still wouldn't like the need to "check in" every 24 hours though. Of course you can buy the games on the console, but on a slow connection it's not very practical.

All they needed to do:

A - If console is offline, then install game and ask for game in drive.

B - If console is online, then install game and dont ask for game in drive.

Instead MS just got pissed off and took all of its toys home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Microsoft to launch new version of Xbox One in 1Q14
    While Microsoft will launch the Xbox One on November 22, it is preparing to introduce a new version of the Xbox One in the first quarter of 2014, according to Taiwan-based supply chain makers who say they have been asked to begin shipments of the new model in that quarter.

Could be just a rumour or the console with all the updates pre installed, or it could be the rumored console that does not play games that was mentioned on Neogaf.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20131120PD210.html?mod=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Little bit of new info on this whole xtravision stuff - http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1r8ene/a_warning_to_irish_xbox_one_ps4_buyers_rant/cdkssjs

Whether or not it's true is up in the air.

I reckon xtravision will get a hell of a lot of flack now!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Changed my region to the UK and my Killer Instinct purchases and FIFA 14 download still work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

I posted the following on a previous page and it must've been buried with other X1 hype etc. I'm still hoping for an answer so I'll it post again...

Hi guys. Hope you are all enjoying the Xbox One as much as I am! :)

I have a little problem... When I was near the end of the set-up process for my X1 last night I was given the opportunity to get a 30 day Gold Trial. So, I went ahead entering my credit card details (that are required for verification and billing purposes) and when I got as far as entering my card number, I got about 8 digits entered and for some reason the X1 jumped back to the Home screen. I'm 100% sure I didn't hit any buttons on the controller that I shouldn't have.

Now, I can't seem to get the option for the trial back again and I'm still a silver member. I've gone through all the Sign Up for Gold screens etc. via the dashboard but the trial options will not appear again.

Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas how to get the 30 day Trial options back again?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

JoePie wrote: »
    Changed my region to the UK and my Killer Instinct purchases and FIFA 14 download still work just fine.

And can you download YouTube as a matter of interest?

I think that's on the uk market and not our marketplace yet, so will you now have to use a UK credit card for purchases?

I work for support, the amount if cr@p region switching causes people with accounts its just not worth it....

Hope they don't go harder with bans on the One for things like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Went into my Xtravision to cancel my per-order (scheduled for delivery 6 Dec) as I managed to get a cancellation in HMV. Only booked the console with Xtra vision and paid €499.99 in full. Told yesterday that i would have to buy a game to go through with the order. I told them i would think about it. As i managed to get a console I called in to cancel. Xtra Vision told me that I cannot get refund on credit card and will only pay me in cash. Unfortunately, they didn't have the cash in the till so told to come back tomorrow. A good mate is a business journalist for one of the big daily papers. He told me he would cover the story if I want. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Went into my Xtravision to cancel my per-order (scheduled for delivery 6 Dec) as I managed to get a cancellation in HMV. Only booked the console with Xtra vision and paid €499.99 in full. Told yesterday that i would have to buy a game to go through with the order. I told them i would think about it. As i managed to get a console I called in to cancel. Xtra Vision told me that I cannot get refund on credit card and will only pay me in cash. Unfortunately, they didn't have the cash in the till so told to come back tomorrow. A good mate is a business journalist for one of the big daily papers. He told me he would cover the story if I want. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

That's a bloody rip off, I have a journo mate in the Star who would be very interested in this story also....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Fieldog wrote: »
    And can you download YouTube as a matter of interest?

I think that's on the uk market and not our marketplace yet, so will you now have to use a UK credit card for purchases?

I work for support, the amount if cr@p region switching causes people with accounts its just not worth it....

Hope they don't go harder with bans on the One for things like this....

Yup, Youtube app is downloading now. I see 4oD here as well so I'll grab that too.

I went into DR3 on the store there and it didn't have my card displaying, or my Paypal account. Once they add voice controls under ireland I'll switch back regions altogether.

Since all the game stuff is region free, that should never have a problem.

Switching my region back to Ireland there caused YouTube to lose the plot and I couldnt even load it. 4oD worked fine though.

And yep, back to UK and everything is fine again.

At the very least, if you can't to keep your region as Ieland, a quick switch wil nab you 4oD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone else having problems with battlefield 4? I keep getting randomly kicked back to the dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas how to get the 30 day Trial options back again?
    It doesn't look like there is anyone else here who simultaneously has an Xbox One, and didn't already have Gold. Looks like you might have to just buy a sub.
    Anyone else having problems with battlefield 4? I keep getting randomly kicked back to the dashboard.
    From talk around the place, I'd be inclined to think you should wait for a patch to the game.

The came is totally broken on all formats, a patch was due out this week, but no sign of it as yet, Dice have even admitted its flawed, constant kicks are the biggest issues and save game corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Xenji wrote: »
    The came is totally broken on all formats, a patch was due out this week, but no sign of it as yet, Dice have even admitted its flawed, constant kicks are the biggest issues and save game corruption.

Huge exaggeration. I have been playing it without any issues on the 360.

joe123 wrote: »
    Huge exaggeration. I have been playing it without any issues on the 360.

Must of been lucky on the 360. The PS4 version has nearly unplayable online and save games keep getting deleted, same happening now with the XB1 and the PC version has similar issues that needed to be fixed along with the constant freezing.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/battlefield-4-ps4-crash-fix-and-pc-xbox-360-patches-incoming-says-dice/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717380

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701461

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    Must of been lucky on the 360. The PS4 version has nearly unplayable online and save games keep getting deleted, same happening now with the XB1 and the PC version has similar issues that needed to be fixed along with the constant freezing.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/battlefield-4-ps4-crash-fix-and-pc-xbox-360-patches-incoming-says-dice/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717380

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701461
    Just finished a 6 hr session, a few kicks here and there but overall worked great. Loads of people playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

A refund must be issued via the same way it was paid. Paid with visa must be refunded to the same card.

It's to do with money laundering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just finished a 6 hr session, a few kicks here and there but overall worked great. Loads of people playing.

Spotted you on there alright, joined the match but got kicked before I could join your team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Kinect has blown me away! It's so responsive and understands everything I say, even when I'm across the other side of the room. Scanning QR codes is out of this world. I was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room, all I said was, "Xbox...use a code". I lifted up the QR card and it scanned it immediately. My g/f is usually really skeptical of features like this, when Siri came out, she tried her best to see it fail by ranting random commands at it (which worked) but with this, she couldn't fault it. It did everything she asked. It really is a standout feature for those on the fence between an Xbox One and a PS4. Hand gestures worked really well too.

I created a 10 second video (linked below) to show how responsive it is:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/shuffles03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trimA2D6D950-4E72-4D91-AB5B-45C23D4F164A_zps6b8c70bb.mp4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Only issue I encountered so far is that I can't get my subscriptions to show up in the YouTube app even though I am signed in

Anyone encounter/fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just unboxed mine , ups delivered this morning , fifa is at 4% , kinect looks great , need to get forza today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

How do I view my download list? I'm downloading FIFA, KI etc and want to see how they're getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

shuffles03 wrote: »
    How do I view my download list? I'm downloading FIFA, KI etc and want to see how they're getting on.

click on 'your games and apps' from the home screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

shuffles03 wrote: »

They both show up in games and apps, but i am yet to find the active downloads like the 360 had.
    I also cant find the storage section where you can look at whats on your hdd

• Advertisement

Anyone else having issues getting kinect to respond to voice commands?
    Can't get kinect to "record that"
    All setup works fine with kinect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement