Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone else having issues getting kinect to respond to voice commands?
    Can't get kinect to "record that"
    All setup works fine with kinect.

Have you changed region to UK?

Have you changed region to UK?

Yeah just read that.
    Hope the fix comes soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not Xbox related but I'd love to see them do somethsomething like this on an xbox one or ps4 comments section

http://youtu.be/MxrWuE5qC5c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah just read that.
    Hope the fix comes soon

It's not a fix it's just MS being lazy and or awkward not including voice support for Ireland, thinking we are some sort of special case. If Kinect can understand all UK accents it should be a walk in the park for it to understand all us lot, except maybe Cork lads:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

can you pause a download like on 360, my speed is shocking and forza is 70 % and i want to update ghost for later ? i couldnt see the option to eject on the dash ? did i miss it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not Xbox related but I'd love to see them do somethsomething like this on an xbox one or ps4 comments section

http://youtu.be/MxrWuE5qC5c

That. Is. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

@firestarter51 - I just ejected the discs via the console when the games got to 'ready' state. It paused them automatically. Then when I went back in to play the games later the downloads resumed automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Ronan wrote: »
    I just ejected the discs via the console when the games got to 'ready' state. It paused them automatically. Then when I went back in to play the games later the downloads resumed automatically.

Forza is a download rather than an update so any way to pause it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yep just hit the button with the 3 lines(options button?) while you have the square highlighted and you'll have the option to pause it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I've the same question regarding FIFA. I'm going out for the rest of the day and don't want to leave the Xbox on. If I turn it off mid slow load will it just pick up from where it left next time I power it on?

I also have 2 more games queued after FIFA so I don't want them to start. Can I stop them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Leave them downloading and turn off the Xbox, it will keep downloading in low power mode and turn off when they are all complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Leave them downloading and turn off the Xbox, it will keep downloading in low power mode and turn off when they are all complete.
    Does the X button glow like on the 360 when powered off and downloading?

Just a note to anyone who got forza, there's a day one car pack included with the game itself. You have to enter the 25 digit code just above the qr code for the game itself.

ShaunC wrote: »
    Does the X button glow like on the 360 when powered off and downloading?

CRAP! Is it supposed to?? Mine didn't and I've already left for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Is the Day one achievement meant to do anything - play a video or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Is the Day one achievement meant to do anything - play a video or something?
    AFAIK it just gives you the achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Apparently kinect wont recognise you after a haircut :pac:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/100294/Kinect+won%27t+recognise+you+after+a+hair+cut/

Popped back home quickly to get something and check the Xbox while I was there. It hadn't continued d/loading FIFA and the others. Each game had an 'error' message beside it-no Internet connection apparently. I'm guessing it hadn't gone into standby mode when I left. I thought I'd set it up. What are the exact steps to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone figure how to eject a disc by using the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Apparently kinect wont recognise you after a haircut :pac:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/100294/Kinect+won%27t+recognise+you+after+a+hair+cut/
    I wouldn't recognize the guy either tbh,besides it would only take 30 seconds to callibrate the connect:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone figure how to eject a disc by using the controller?
    I couldn't find it either.

Anybody else tried using it offline? I started the BF4 single player and can't earn or even see any achievements without being connected to Live, BULL$HIT!!! :mad:

I couldn't find it either.

Anybody else tried using it offline? I started the BF4 single player and can't earn or even see any achievements without being connected to Live, BULL$HIT!!! :mad:

You can earn achievementa. They'll all pop up when you go online again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not a console user but thought maybe you guys might be interested if you're not already aware. Xbox 1's getting bricked apparently by an update in the UK.

SKY NEWS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not a console user but thought maybe you guys might be interested if you're not already aware. Xbox 1's getting bricked apparently by an update in the UK.

SKY NEWS

Surprised they went with that story, not many mentioning it over on Neogaf compared to the disk drive issue which seems to be picking up pace, but every new console has teething issues.

IGN have had it in one of the consoles they were given as well.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mate of mine had his Kinect die. On screen it says it's unplugged even though it's connected and no lights showing on front. Seems IGN are tracking this issue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Pushtrak wrote: »
    1 million sounds like it's doing well but it launched in far more countries compared with the ps4. The ps4 has yet only launched in the us and Canada and has reached the same sales figures.

I think it will be about a year before we fully know how strong sales are.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

15 new games coming in 2014, only 4 new IP's though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    1 million sounds like it's doing well but it launched in far more countries compared with the ps4.
    Considering its price tag and the slating the console has been getting, it's doing better than a lot of people might expect though.
    I think it will be about a year before we fully know how strong sales are.:)
    Oh, true that.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Popped back home quickly to get something and check the Xbox while I was there. It hadn't continued d/loading FIFA and the others. Each game had an 'error' message beside it-no Internet connection apparently. I'm guessing it hadn't gone into standby mode when I left. I thought I'd set it up. What are the exact steps to do this?

I'm not at home to check but if you go into settings, there should be a power option, of which you ensure you click the box that says instant on or quick resume (not sure what its exactly called), which means its always on and downloading continues in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kinney thinks my cats tail is a hand...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement