Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone else playing Ryse? The graphics are unreal! The lighting and environments are amazing! It never gets old slicing and dicing in slow motion. Swinging the camera around while you're chopping off a limb is epic. Definitely feels like a step up from last gen graphics wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hoping to tuck into it tonight only played about 30 minutes of it so far which I enjoyed contrary to the reviews but forza is excellent, I can't get over how much the sound has improved over the 360. It's amazing in surround sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Fieldog wrote: »
    What a day, glad its over now tbh.... ;-)

Don't do that posted above, it changes your GT region and will only complicate things for you down the road!

Are GS actually telling people to do that just to have Kinect work?

If they are, a call to head office will have to be made tomorrow as it is false information....

Really complicates things for everyone....

Just to be clear before you fire into a rant to someone, he told me this not in store but via messaging. I think its safe to say the Gamestop store are not advising on that matter. I've changed the region back and forth last night and all my content is still intact, checked just to be dead certain.

Also, the notion of changing region from Ireland to UK for the kinect voice commands to work, I read that on this forum during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Anyone tried switching regions to USA and try download hulu or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

blink44 wrote: »
    Anyone tried switching regions to USA and try download hulu or anything like that?
    I'll be trying that once I get my games downloaded, but that will probably be tomorrow because I am only at 45% in DR3 and have Forza and COD to download too so there is a lot left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My heart is broken, picked mine up on Friday Morning and its sitting under my desk in work. I have to wait until Santa delivers it in 4 weeks time:(:(

I think I might need the four weeks to download all the updates and Forza though. I can only get 5mb down where I am at the moment

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Apparently kinect wont recognise you after a haircut :pac:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/100294/Kinect+won%27t+recognise+you+after+a+hair+cut/

fúck!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How's everyone find there new xbox ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    My heart is broken, picked mine up on Friday Morning and its sitting under my desk in work. I have to wait until Santa delivers it in 4 weeks time:(:(

I think I might need the four weeks to download all the updates and Forza though. I can only get 5mb down where I am at the moment

Brother, I feel your pain!

The better half picked one up for me yesterday and informed me it's for Christmas. I don't even know where she's hidden it! I would be tempted to open it and get everything downloaded, but I probably wouldn't stop there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Blazer wrote: »
    fúck!!!!!!

Today it didn't recognise me with a headset on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

blink44 wrote: »

I've American Netflix with my region set as UK, not sure if it's as simple as changing the region on the xbox to get foreign content. Mines done through a a change of DNS on my router.

Edit:
    Checked there you can download all the US apps (hulu etc) when you change the locale, those apps are still there when you reboot as UK and are usable, only tried netflix and amazon instant but there working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I'm so glad I read up on the xbox here..I had no idea there was so much downloading before you actually get to play! Xmas morning could have been a disappointment! How long did it take ye to download forza? I've.just started buts its at 0% for the last twenty minutes.

PinkFly wrote: »
    I'm so glad I read up on the xbox here..I had no idea there was so much downloading before you actually get to play! Xmas morning could have been a disappointment! How long did it take ye to download forza? I've.just started buts its at 0% for the last twenty minutes.
    It will depend on the speed of your internet connection, I have an OK connection of 20Mb and it has taken me since yesterday to download my stuff(I had a lot of stuff to download, over 100GB). I'm finding that it is a little slower than if I was downloading from a website but that is to be expected really. The thing I would advise you to do is set the power settings to instant on and it will download while the console is turned off, so you could just leave it to download overnight or something, you don't have to download it all in one go either if you don't want to, download say half today and the other half another time if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

100gb to download, wow, that's like the whole Internet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

dor83 wrote: »
    It will depend on the speed of your internet connection, I have an OK connection of 20Mb and it has taken me since yesterday to download my stuff(I had a lot of stuff to download, over 100GB). I'm finding that it is a little slower than if I was downloading from a website but that is to be expected really. The thing I would advise you to do is set the power settings to instant on and it will download while the console is turned off, so you could just leave it to download overnight or something, you don't have to download it all in one go either if you don't want to, download say half today and the other half another time if you wanted.

Thanks for the info.. that's great that it can be paused. Its tricky doing sneaky downloading :)

Liamalone wrote: »
    100gb to download, wow, that's like the whole Internet lol

Haha, Ghosts is 39GB, Forza 31GB, so that is 70 without the other stuff, the apps, other games and everything it easily gets to that, it's a bit annoying now because I want to change my region to try the voice commands but have to wait for everything to finish downloading, another couple of hours I reckon.
    PinkFly wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.. that's great that it can be paused. Its tricky doing sneaky downloading :)
    No worries, hope everything goes well with it.

Have the Xbox 3 days and only now I figure you can use your left hand to guide through the dashboard with Kinect! Ya learn something new everyday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can you scroll Netflix with Kinect hand movements, or anything?

Well I was messing around on the homepage and for some reason put my left hand up, and up popped a little hand symbol on the screen. Its a bit awkward to navigate with but haven't fully investigated yet. So ya might wanna give it a go and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

After playing for several hours on it, I know it's a small thing but its so quiet when running - I was used to the humming of my 360 when games were playing that it was a bit disconcerting to be playing games and not having that sound.

Also, the console is tall - like VHS / Betamax player tall. I've had to rethink the order of things in the Entertainment centre because of it.

Using the console is a doddle, switching to the console locale to UK gets Kinect voice commands working and it's very cool. (works about 80% of the time, but I may just need to rerun the Kinect tuner again).

Overall very happy with it and glad that Kinect was included because you can see that the UI was based on it being there and benefits from it.

As for the games, they're decent - FIFA has some beautiful graphics and presentation. One gripe (and I can't blame this on the console) was that I couldn't find the option to just start a league season for about five minutes. Might just be that I'm old or something, but it really wasn't that clear. :)

Kinect Sports Rivals is a bit if fun too (more so with two players). It was funny as well that the into showing you how to steer the jetski really emphasised you can do it standing or sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Xbox one is awesome...

Glad to forget all the crap in media re xbox and ps argument and getting back gaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We more than likely will never see this over here, but it does look pretty cool

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Xbox one is awesome...

Glad to forget all the crap in media re xbox and ps argument and getting back gaming...

About god damned time! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone see any article like this, but for the Xbox One that shows its heat, I wouldn't mind having a look.

http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-heat-regulation-test-thermal-camera/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Never ordering anything from Gamestop again.

At least Xtravision actually have stock when they ****ing charge you.

Another company that needs to disappear into the abyss.

Never ordering anything from Gamestop again.

At least Xtravision actually have stock when they ****ing charge you.

Another company that needs to disappear into the abyss.

Yeah but at least Gamestop will not force you to buy a game or controller before you can have your console, when did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone else using Smartglass? Can you do anything with saved clips direct from the app? I've 3 Ryse game clips recorded (not in Sky Drive). Am I able to edit/share direct from the app without the console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah but at least Gamestop will not force you to buy a game or controller before you can have your console, when did you order?

Rather actually get the console.

Rather actually get the console.

Did you pre order with Gamestop or did you just walk in trying to get one?

• Advertisement

Has anyone had a problem were a game just stops playing?

Its only happened to me twice in 3 days. Ill be playing a game and the xbox just suddenly go backs to the home screen but the bit in the middle were you press to resume your game is not there and when you press on the game you were playing the game restarts?

Anyone else had this happen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement