Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone had a problem were a game just stops playing?

Its only happened to me twice in 3 days. Ill be playing a game and the xbox just suddenly go backs to the home screen but the bit in the middle were you press to resume your game is not there and when you press on the game you were playing the game restarts?

Anyone else had this happen?

Have a look through this, if the game is Forza or AC you are not alone

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4270/t/1627424.aspx

Xenji wrote: »
    Have a look through this, if the game is Forza or AC you are not alone

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4270/t/1627424.aspx

Looking through that forum there is a good few threads set up about it so it must be a common enough problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Has anyone had a problem were a game just stops playing?

Its only happened to me twice in 3 days. Ill be playing a game and the xbox just suddenly go backs to the home screen but the bit in the middle were you press to resume your game is not there and when you press on the game you were playing the game restarts?

Anyone else had this happen?

Happens with BF4 all the time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

This is probably gonna sound crazy, but is there any hope of getting my hands on a console before the New Year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JollyTopper

I doubt it, wasn't holding out hope in getting mine, but managed to get on a last minute list in game stop just last week. If you try some of bigger retailers they may have managed to source more. Won't find these offers online, have to ring or call into shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Anyone looking to see a long lets play of Ryse, there is one here. Before I link it, I've only watched the first few minutes where he is finishing the installation of the game. He calls it the Xbone and Xboner and he gives the reason why. It was something I hadn't thought of for people doing lets plays. If he were to say Xbox, stuff would come up on the screen, so he can't actually say Xbox. I'd expect some lets players will slip up in the middle of their games though and them to interrupt their game. Anyway, this guy posts long lets plays on those games he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

ThirdMan wrote: »
    This is probably gonna sound crazy, but is there any hope of getting my hands on a console before the New Year?

Xtravision are still taking pre orders for before xmas but people are none to pleased with them atm over having to buy a game or accessory as well. Ordered one myself the other day from them as I couldn't get one from Smyths or Gamestop before January.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Xbox has just shut down and isn't restarting, just clicked on Ryse to continue playing it made a little noise and the console just switched off, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Xbox has just shut down and isn't restarting, just clicked on Ryse to continue playing it made a little noise and the console just switched off, any ideas?

First thing that comes to mind is has it got hot?

First thing that comes to mind is has it got hot?

It's well vented, panic over it's back on again, just wanted a sleep, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have a look through this

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1627085.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know if i could download FIFA 14 while playing AC4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

you can

My most played game since getting the Xbox One is Forza.

I'm usually not a big racing game fan but I'm loving this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

My most played game since getting the Xbox One is Forza.

I'm usually not a big racing game fan but I'm loving this!

me too but I'd rather be playing battlefield but the amount of times it's kicked me back to the dashboard while playing is soul destroying. I'm not making any progress with the unlocks cause you miss out on all the xp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

just wondering about the xbox store, my location is set to uk for the kinect to work and the currency is sterling, if it was changed to the states would the games be cheaper with the dollar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

just wondering about the xbox store, my location is set to uk for the kinect to work and the currency is sterling, if it was changed to the states would the games be cheaper with the dollar ?
    I wouldn't advise it because the game downloads could be region locked and therefore might not work when you change your region back to UK or Ireland.

You really should change your region back to Ireland for purchasing your games or downloading apps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Xenji wrote: »
    We more than likely will never see this over here, but it does look pretty cool

Does anyone know if we can get any sort of use from the NFL function at present, or if there's plans to make it usable over here in the future?

It should work if your using a US DNS, think it's against the charter to tell you what to do but google is your friend.

Xbox gone tits up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

It should work if your using a US DNS, think it's against the charter to tell you what to do but google is your friend.

Xbox gone tits up again.

Sounds borked. Get on to place of purchase, or M$, ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Party Chat is fooked since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Party Chat is fooked since yesterday.

Yeah it's been on and off. You can however use Skype group chat with no problems as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah it's been on and off. You can however use Skype group chat with no problems as an alternative.

Or check your router settings - had an issue with this last night while in a party with a mate (we used skype as a very effective workaround), think he needed to open up additional ports...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Or check your router settings - had an issue with this last night while in a party with a mate (we used skype as a very effective workaround), think he needed to open up additional ports...

My nat type is open. My ports are forwarded and even my DMZ is set to xbox anyway. It's just XBL that's the problem at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

is possible to mute jeremy clarkson in forza??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

After playing for several hours on it, I know
    As for the games, they're decent - FIFA has some beautiful graphics and presentation. One gripe (and I can't blame this on the console) was that I couldn't find the option to just start a league season for about five minutes. Might just be that I'm old or something, but it really wasn't that clear. :)

yeah i was the same, checked up on it, no tournament mode on xbox one or ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭what the hell!

ThirdMan wrote: »

I ordered one in my local GameStop yesterday and he said it will be in on the 19th December

peteeeed wrote: »
    is possible to mute jeremy clarkson in forza??

Or even skip the voiceover in every menu. I read faster than she speaks so it's frustrating to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Anybody having issues with Battlefield 4? A buddy of mine just rang me to say that his game stopped and reverted back to the main Xbox one UI. He was playing the single player campaign. How common is this?

• Advertisement

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with Battlefield 4? A buddy of mine just rang me to say that his game stopped and reverted back to the main Xbox one UI. He was playing the single player campaign. How common is this?

Happens me constantly. The dice forum has a sticky saying that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement