Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

is killer instinct any good, i just spotted its free on the store

If you like them kind of games then yeah. I never really liked games like Tekken so I don't particularly like it but you might!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    I have no issues as it is always the same two people :pac: other people do not seem to have a problem, so it does not bother me :) due to a funeral I have yet to see my other half's console, I was curious as to see if people had the same issue as she wants to use the function.......but hey let the same people have a personal attack :rolleyes: (not you)

Everyday I say with a smile on my face, I wonder what bad things Xenji has to inform us about today, lets look at the xbox thread. :)

The real interesting thing is that you post mostly negative posts in the Xbox thread but over in the PS4 thread you post no bad news/rumours about the PS4 issues. So it does seem like posting bad news about Xbox is a hobby IMO.

I want to find out all the issues and workarounds about the Xbox One, but by a PS4 fan in an xbox thread, no thank you :D
    How long would I last in the PS4 thread if I was talking about the blue light of death and wobblegate, etc, etc. I personally don't want to inform every PS4 fan about their console issues, even if I am buying it.

You can still be a Sony fan and buy an Xbox, that isn't a free pass to post constant negative posts. Of course it's allowed because its on topic, but its a bit rich while at the same time you do not seem to be posting any of the negatives about the PS4 in that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus. It starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Anyway, has anyone on here actually played Crimson Dragon yet. Is it as 'meh' as they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Everyday I say with a smile on my face, I wonder what bad things Xenji has to inform us about today, lets look at the xbox thread. :)

The real interesting thing is that you post mostly negative posts in the Xbox thread but over in the PS4 thread you post no bad news/rumours about the PS4 issues. So it does seem like posting bad news about Xbox is a hobby IMO.

I want to find out all the issues and workarounds about the Xbox One, but by a PS4 fan in an xbox thread, no thank you :D
    How long would I last in the PS4 thread if I was talking about the blue light of death and wobblegate, etc, etc. I personally don't want to inform every PS4 fan about their console issues, even if I am buying it.

You can still be a Sony fan and buy an Xbox, that isn't a free pass to post constant negative posts. Of course it's allowed because its on topic, but its a bit rich while at the same time you do not seem to be posting any of the negatives about the PS4 in that thread.

I have a response for that, but would prefer to let sleeping dogs lie and not derail the thread any more, like I said it is a opinion formed by the minority not the majority and I am leaving it at that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not happy with the media streaming on the XBox One. Such an odd set up for it. Was a much better solution on the 360 - giving you full view of streamed folders, but now you have to directly select the file you want to stream on the streaming computer and send if from there. Far more awkward. Hope they add more user friendly steaming abilities soon enough via updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

People dont post negative things about XBOX because they hate XBOX or think PS4 are better (at least not all of them), the only reason why a PS4 fanatic would post is because they have to wait 1 week to get their PS4 and they are a bit bored and a bit jealous. Once they get their PS4 they will be grand, at least until they get bored again. I personally think is not healthy. I didnt notice Xenji being negative though.

It is similar to people who didnt get their XBOX now saying things like "that's why I never buy consoles on release day"... sure they reasons they give make sense and are perfectly reasonable but in most cases lets face it, the real reason is because you forgot to preorder and couldnt get one (not saying this is true for everybody, for those who isnt fair play to them for their patience) or you can afford it yet.

I am a PS3 fan as well, I will get the PS4 in a few months, I chose the Xbox one because it was the one available at the time I preordered it. I bought it on release day a few years ago and I still have it. Back in the day when you didnt need to preorder to get it, back in the days where all you had to do to get a console is go to the shop and buy it. Wish it would be that simple now.

Took me a while to figure out how to play 2 player on Forza.

You have to go back to the home screen and with the 2nd controller sign in as a guest. Then go back into Forza 2 player and press the menu button (start button) and the 2nd player will be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Has anyone bought any games from the online store? €69 for COD ghosts - mental, thats a fiver more than in gamestop. hard to push a digital future at those prices.

I just saw on eurogamer that EA ps4 games are £63 sterling! effing hell! disc all the way at those rates.

I was hopeful we'd be bringing in an era of steam like pricing, or at the very least you'd get like for like pricing with maybe a few bonus maps or something thrown in to encourage downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone bought any games from the online store? €69 for COD ghosts - mental, thats a fiver more than in gamestop. hard to push a digital future at those prices.

I just saw on eurogamer that EA ps4 games are £63 sterling! effing hell! disc all the way at those rates.

I was hopeful we'd be bringing in an era of steam like pricing, or at the very least you'd get like for like pricing with maybe a few bonus maps or something thrown in to encourage downloading.

EA are taking the piss, but they set the price of their games on the store, not Microsoft or Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Xbox One Outsells Xbox 360 2 To 1
    10 launch titles make it into the Top 40.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/xbox-one-outsells-xbox-360-2-to-1

Fair play to this guy, Im using my old headset connected to the tv, and have the new microphone around my neck.

http://kotaku.com/modder-solders-his-own-xbox-one-headset-adapter-1470785121

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eh, not really, its hardly too much to ask to be able to play a game is it? Im literally gone back to playing COD ghosts on my xbox 360 because battlefield 4 quits at completley random intervals and your progress isn't saved. Dont get me wrong, the game looks and sounds STUNNING, but I've limited time to play and want to make that time count, So I'll just wait until its stabilized before going back at it.

I havent used a windows 8 pc, but if its anything like the xbox one dash, I could see it working well in a tablet - a desktop, maybe not so much.

Not excusing it but I think that's more of game publisher issue than the xbox.

I was talking about UI bugs more.

I think I'm waiting till Spring anyhow to get this so that stock issues are sorted, tech issues resolved and who knows, more bundles and/or price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Took me a while to figure out how to play 2 player on Forza.

You have to go back to the home screen and with the 2nd controller sign in as a guest. Then go back into Forza 2 player and press the menu button (start button) and the 2nd player will be added.

Took me fooking AGES. Also, trying to play 2 player was the first thing I did with the game - so the unskippable intro, the P1 race, the unkippable introduction to career mode, and the first proper race were all done before I could work it out.

Then I realised the second player needed to be signed in to an xbox account before forza would recognise the second pad as a second pad. (it originally saw BOTH pads as one pad... which is weirdly stupid but also provided a great ability to troll my mate when he was racing.)

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not excusing it but I think that's more of game publisher issue than the xbox.

I was talking about UI bugs more.

I think I'm waiting till Spring anyhow to get this so that stock issues are sorted, tech issues resolved and who knows, more bundles and/or price drops.

its all linked really, microsoft puts pressure on the publisher to have games ready for launch, resulting in corners being cut / testing being limited. Fair play to Ubisoft for delaying watchdogs as they felt it wasnt ready.

Its a sloppy attitude that's too common in the software industry as they can patch it easily further on down the line. imagine if a car manufacture knew that there might be issues with the brakes on its cars but shipped them anyway to meet an arbitrary deadline.

both consoles are guilty of this too - the amount of features that were dropped / rescheduled before launch was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

You just need to get microsoft points in the right places. I got someone enough points a couple of days ago to buy GTA 5 on the 360, in points it worked out at €70, but it only actually cost me €56 to get those points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nolimits wrote: »
    You just need to get microsoft points in the right places. I got someone enough points a couple of days ago to buy GTA 5 on the 360, in points it worked out at €70, but it only actually cost me €56 to get those points.

Microsoft points!? Thought they were gone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are, everything is in real currency now. I think existing points were converted?

Xbox Rewards now gives you "credits", I don't know how the hell they fit in to the system. I claimed 2000 yesterday, no idea what happens now.

DaLad wrote: »
    Microsoft points!? Thought they were gone!?

It's explained in the post above mine, but I wonder when we will stop being able to buy them?

Edit: And yes, the points you put on are converted in currency, but they are converted at the RRP of those points, as there are plenty of places selling below RRP you can make some savings.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Nolimits wrote: »
    It's explained in the post above mine, but I wonder when we will stop being able to buy them?

Edit: And yes, the points you put on are converted in currency, but they are converted at the RRP of those points, as there are plenty of places selling below RRP you can make some savings.

Any retailer that has bought stock of codes for MS points will have to be allowed sell them I suppose. Otherwise the logistics involved in returning them and refunding merchants would be a nightmare.

Worth considering the number of businesses that will collapse with their demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, buying points cards is the way to go if you want digital games, it's what I did and I got DR3, Froza and Powershot Golf for what cost me less than €100, so DR and Forza for just over €40 each.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah, buying points cards is the way to go if you want digital games, it's what I did and I got DR3, Froza and Powershot Golf for what cost me less than €100, so DR and Forza for just over €40 each.

Any links to where you purchases the cards from?

tony1980 wrote: »

https://www.xbox-live.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

There are a few places with good prices, although they seem to have gone up a little recently as I got three 4200(€50) points cards for €85 at one stage but the guy I bought them from has none left now. I have used cdkeys, cheapxboxlivecodes and a couple of different people on adverts.ie. If you are buying from the adverts one send him a message before you buy, he prefers it that way and will give you instructions on how to pay depending on how you want to receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dont buy them direct from Microsoft.
    I use these two websites all the time, I find CDKEYS the better of the two. you'll make a great saving. Like their Facebook page and get another 5% off code.

http://www.cdkeys.com/
    http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I don't have an Xbox One, but the fact that this article exists suggests a need for it, so it might help people.

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-one-quick-tip-how-to-uninstall-a-game-or-app?CID=examiner_alerts_article

I actually haven't seen the option to uninstall an App when I click the menu button when highlighting that App, Has anyone seen this when they select the menu button when highlighting an App?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

eh, not really, its hardly too much to ask to be able to play a game is it? Im literally gone back to playing COD ghosts on my xbox 360 because battlefield 4 quits at completley random intervals and your progress isn't saved. Dont get me wrong, the game looks and sounds STUNNING, but I've limited time to play and want to make that time count, So I'll just wait until its stabilized before going back at it.

I havent used a windows 8 pc, but if its anything like the xbox one dash, I could see it working well in a tablet - a desktop, maybe not so much.

Its not too much to ask but this is the first time that massive load testing of the console could really be done. Its not surprising some bugs have emerged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Fair play to this guy, Im using my old headset connected to the tv, and have the new microphone around my neck.

http://kotaku.com/modder-solders-his-own-xbox-one-headset-adapter-1470785121

hopefully some-one can come up with a kinect extension cable soon aswell :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement