Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Overall, kinda disappointed. I had hoped for even a mention of some of the exclusive games. I understand that E3 is just around the corner, but come on!

Some things i liked about it, like the instant switching and the "trending" function, but was kinda ticked off about all the American focus that was shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Better reveal then Sony's anyway that's for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As an Xbox mod, I have to say, that was the biggest pile of sh!te in a while. Gameplay fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nolars wrote: »

You can't honestly believe that, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

After the Xbox One reveal it's just come to my attention that I need a Wii U. I have my PC for these games that are coming out on PS4/One. Wii U is the only thing that interests me now.

I REALLY want a Wii U now. Was Toying around with idea for months now, but looks like I will be getting one after all. Then PS4. Pc wont be going anywhere for very very long time now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not sure if serious....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Bring on e3 to see what both these consoles have in gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Sony didnt even show the console lol what you smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Reading on twitter that it won't play 360 games - not even XBLA stuff - so no backwards compatability.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

No, not really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

But they did show it was a ...

wait fo it...

a games console!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

the new box looks ugly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I personally thought the presentation was better then Sony, we saw the machine, the interface etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

If there are any rival fanboy trolls here I'm sure they all be loving this :)

All negativity aside... It has some potential. But I just don't see myself rushing out and buying this.

I doubt half of the features they showed will actually work the way I want it too.

I doubt I can now lose my remotes and just use xbox to control everything via voice and gesture (which would be awesome).

Skype on the t.v would be cool but I have a tablet and my computer and my phone for that also.

I dunno... for all the hype it was a bit 'meh' I can't remember anything that makes me think fk yea I need to buy this console. If I was an American COD, EA sports loving, Fantasy Football fanatic, who loves TV then maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

38041937.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

8GB of DDR3 RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I couldn give a **** about the machine or interface I want to see a game playing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I personally thought the presentation was better then Sony, we saw the machine, the interface etc.

But Sony showed actual gameplay and games. Not a DVR media box that happens to play games that we don't know what they look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I've been a big xbox fan since the original but that was deeply dissapointing.

We saw how to watch tv on our GAMES CONSOLE
    We saw how to use our smartphone on our GAMES CONSOLE
    We saw how to use Kinect to watch TV and surf the web on our GAMES CONSOLE
    We saw how to edit video on our GAMES CONSOLE
    We saw a TV show about a game on our GAMES CONSOLE
    We saw tonnes of exciting new gameplay on ...... oh...eh....<rubs back of neck>

Well, Kinect, social, smartglass, COD...did I just watch last years E3 or what?

That has just shown me MS has the opinion of games last and everything else first. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Its says a lot when Sony shares are up nearly 10% in the last hour.

I bought the 360 on launch day and a slim after 2 RROD incidents but it looks like it's Sony's turn unless something changes dramatically at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

So what's the deal with this always on Internet connection?
    Was that announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sony:

*It showed games
    *It showed in game footage
    *It confirmed to be gamer focused.
    *It had a new controller with new feutures, not a reskinned old controller.
    *It showed tech Demos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Funny that PS4 didnt even show the console but they had a waaaay better conference than that..i know E3 is just around the corner and they are just saving it for that but still..they focused way too much on ''THIS IS THE ALL IN ONE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM TV INTERNET SKYPE BLAH BLAH'' than the games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

I guess people need to realise that both companies are going for a media device, been going that way for a while and nothing will stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Was that announced?

It's false. It was never true, no company would be stupid enough to do it. Sony considered it and dropped it after actually thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

meh sony wasnt much better

No console reveal
    very little in terms of new IP
    little gameplay with the most notable exception being a brown/blue/gold shooter in Killzone

They should have just done a Sega Saturn on it and said its out tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Was that announced?
    Doesn't seem true, however it will be up to publishers if they want to block second hand games from running or charge a fee for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

FutureGuy wrote: »
    But they did show it was a ...

wait fo it...

a games console!!!!
    Didn't they just show in game footage running off a PC? Ubisoft confirmed that that's what happened with their game.

Also, everyone knows it's a games console. As always, original IP is aggrandised when the reality is that the 3rd party guys have made the best and biggest selling games for the last 8-10 years. The only original IP for a Sony or MS console that would have sold me one way of the other was GT5, if I was a fan of those sorts of games. Otherwise, the 3rd parties are doing things better than the consoles and the best devs and publishers aren't going to tie themselves into one platform.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement