Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

tony1980 wrote: »
    I actually haven't seen the option to uninstall an App when I click the menu button when highlighting that App, Has anyone seen this when they select the menu button when highlighting an App?
    It's there when I press the button( I tried it on netflix)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

If Gamestop have stock on the 12th of December and you pre-ordered by express delivery when can you expect delivery?

Same day? Day after?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

wexdevil wrote: »
    It's there when I press the button( I tried it on netflix)

I will have a look again when home, I must have done something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

tony1980 wrote: »
    I will have a look again when home, I must have done something wrong.
    It's there for me too, have deleted a few apps that I downloaded from other regions just to see if they worked.

The voice controls on FIFA are handy but I can never get it to understand when I try to substitute Kovacic, it keeps thinking I said Juan Jesus for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

Pushtrak wrote: »
    About time Kotaku had a semi-positive article about the XB1. Lately they've been acting like and posting like a little bunch of PS Fanboy Groupies with their articles poking holes in the XB1 and ranting and raving how superior the other console might be etc. Some of their so called jokes and jibes aimed at the XB1 lately have been seriously childish to say the least.

Anyway, it's about time and nice to see they've found their adulthood once more and actually posted a mature article for a change! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Good luck enforcing that with the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RasTa wrote: »

Polygon posting sensational stuff without trying to collaborate it first, and from MS' quick response they could have waited. It's just more click bait.

RasTa wrote: »
    Big Brother is somewhat watching you
    Well, watching content you upload.
    Update: A Microsoft representative responded to our requests, explaining that the company does not monitor private Skype conversations — however, "excessive profanity" in Upload Studio videos will result in suspensions.

• Advertisement

Here they are again... Kotaku poking fun at X1...

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-has-the-best-error-messages-1471381751?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Back to their old childish behavior... It was too good to last. *sigh*

They are funny error messages, as far as error messages go, though. No error message is funny when you get one yourself, of course.

Grayditch wrote: »
    They are funny error messages, as far as error messages go, though. No error message is funny when you get one yourself, of course.

I think it's funny, more so because of the terrible grammar that is not often seen in error messages.

I laughed myself, but like you said it's only funny when the error doesn't affect you.

Something went terribly wrong. Please come back later.
    Gold.

8Ue0Vxj.jpg

8Ue0Vxj.jpg

Equality for all things living :pac:

I'm to understand that the kinect has a red light on the front of it. I'm kinda surprised the cat doesn't want to 'play' with it.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm to understand that the kinect has a red light on the front of it. I'm kinda surprised the cat doesn't want to 'play' with it.

Was watching a video of someone complaining about touch sensitive buttons, it was either the PS3 fat or it could have been the slim 360 (does that have them) and he said that the cats kept turning off the console.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

what are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Varik wrote: »
    Was watching a video of someone complaining about touch sensitive buttons, it was either the PS3 fat or it could have been the slim 360 (does that have them) and he said that the cats kept turning off the console.

Yeah the 360 Slim had a touch sensitive power button and yes the cat turned mine off once mid game lol

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah the 360 Slim had a touch sensitive power button and yes the cat turned mine off once mid game lol
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/020/e/6/troll_cat_by_zs99-d37o9tj.jpg

DaLad wrote: »

Turns out cats only have 1 life

FYP

what are you on about?
    Me? Well... Kotaku's constant childish pokes at the XB1.

Go through their recent articles via their Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/kotaku and you'll see what I'm on about.

I'm not in the slightest an Xbox fanboy and I like both XB and PS consoles to be honest.. but the way they report on the XboxOne in such a childish manner just gets on my nerves. They obviously prefer and favor the PS console and never really have anything bad to say about it and love making jibes at the XB1 and making fun of it etc.

A site like Kotaku should know better, grow up and learn a thing from the likes of IGN, GameInformer etc. when it comes to reporting on console news. Right now though, they are acting like one sided PS fanboy childish groupies that are getting on my nerves! An established site like them should be respectful, constructive, informative and neutral when it comes to reporting their news. They used to have all that but it seems that's all been lost.

I used to respect Kotaku but these days they are just becoming ridiculous.

What was negative about the last link?

What was negative about the last link?
    Belittling the console? lol... I know, it seemed stupid of me to post that last one but it's just an example of how Kotaku loves to ridicule the XB1.

Belittling the console? lol... I know, it seemed stupid of me to post that last one but it's just an example of how Kotaku loves to ridicule the XB1.

1 million consoles sold over 24hrs. Let them ridicule away. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I really don't think that counts as ridicule.

Newaglish wrote: »
    I really don't think that counts as ridicule.
    If you'd have been following their articles like I have you'd know where I was coming from. Agreed, that one link alone doesn't really count toward ridicule, but put a lot of their recent articles together and you'll find that it's just the latest in a long line.

• Advertisement

Xenji and Kotaku. Have you ever seen them in the same room together? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement