Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

Grayditch wrote: »
    Xenji and Kotaku. Have you ever seen them in the same room together? :pac:
    Ooooh... Conspiracy Theory! I like it! lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Grayditch wrote: »
    Xenji and Kotaku. Have you ever seen them in the same room together? :pac:
    Xenji is a devious one. Not one letter in Xenji is even in Kotaku. All the better to throw us off the trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wait till you all find out that Kotaku is my last name and all hell breaks lose :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

HD WOW are doing a 10% off everything at the moment or something along those lines according to a Bargain Alerter.

Checking through Xbox ONE games and there's some good deals:

Battlefield 4 - 50 euro
    Ryse: Son of Rome - 48 euro
    Deadrising 3 - 48 euro
    Forza 5 - 48 euro

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/XBox-One-7859825

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

HD WOW are doing a 10% off everything at the moment or something along those lines according to a Bargain Alerter.

Checking through Xbox ONE games and there's some good deals:

Battlefield 4 - 50 euro
    Ryse: Son of Rome - 48 euro
    Deadrising 3 - 48 euro
    Forza 5 - 48 euro

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/XBox-One-7859825

Enjoy!

Just don't expect your game any time soon. Last time I got a game from them it came 3 weeks later...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Just don't expect your game any time soon. Last time I got a game from them it came 3 weeks later...

Are they not under new management now? Was that not the point of the name change?

I was under that impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Are they not under new management now? Was that not the point of the name change?

I was under that impression.

I really don't know if they have new management or not but the two times I bought from them, it was a long wait to get the games. The last time was a few months back and decided that was the last time I bought there. Good prices but slow delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Anyone else having trouble with battlelog and easfc? Can't connect to either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Looks like Xbox Live requires additional ports to be open for better performance

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

• Advertisement

That's nothing new, then. Pretty sure I've had to do that with the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pushtrak wrote: »

Yeah but these are different ports than 360

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I REALLLY like the look of 'The Division'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DaLad wrote: »
    I REALLLY like the look of 'The Division'! :D

You will like this then

Xenji wrote: »
    You will like this then

Yeah I watched that live of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah I watched that live of course :D

Some great games coming up alright, It kills me to have to pick which ones I'm going to get and which ones I'll realistically never play. At the minute i still have Dishonored and mass effect 3 sitting in a drawer, still in their factory plastic :(

Some great games coming up alright, It kills me to have to pick which ones I'm going to get and which ones I'll realistically never play. At the minute i still have Dishonored and mass effect 3 sitting in a drawer, still in their factory plastic :(

I'm the same but with my Steam account. Over 100 games, 90% of which were never touched :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Pushtrak wrote: »
    They have added more ports to the list.

Standard Xbox live ports to be open.
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)

Newly added ports to be open
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

They have added more ports to the list.

Standard Xbox live ports to be open.
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)

Newly added ports to be open
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

I just checked my eircom router and firewall is set to "medium" and I've no port forwarding enabled. However I'm playing BF4 away online without issues (not withstanding the BF4 glitches). I haven't tried voice/party chat yet but would these ports be needed for that ?

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    I just checked my eircom router and firewall is set to "medium" and I've no port forwarding enabled. However I'm playing BF4 away online without issues (not withstanding the BF4 glitches). I haven't tried voice/party chat yet but would these ports be needed for that ?

You should check your NAT type under Settings>Network (On Xbox)

For best optimisation of Xbox Live I would recommend opening them all.

Sometimes you might have issues with parties if your NAT type isn't open or the correct ports aren't forwarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

You should check your NAT type under Settings>Network (On Xbox)

For best optimisation of Xbox Live I would recommend opening them all.

Sometimes you might have issues with parties if your NAT type isn't open or the correct ports aren't forwarded.

thanks, will take a look at that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Open the plastic, nothing more satisfying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TheGunns wrote: »
    Open the plastic, nothing more satisfying :P

The smell of a new game, like a woman in leather....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The smell of a new game, like a woman in leather....

o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok so mine arrived today , and using it is a bit of a shock to the system.

Have a few questions, my kinect seems a little inconsistent in that sometimes it will register me waving my arms about and others not at all, then it will only respond to my right arm when it does work :confused:

Voice commands are fine after i set region to UK.

Now things I'm used to geing able so see on the 360 was storage / hdd, haven't found that in settings and also can I connect a USB drive for photo , music and videos???? can't seem to find those either :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

calex71 wrote: »
    can I connect a USB drive for photo , music and videos???? can't seem to find those either :confused:

Not yet. That feature's coming with a firmware update down the line.

Now things I'm used to geing able so see on the 360 was storage / hdd, haven't found that in settings and also can I connect a USB drive for photo , music and videos???? can't seem to find those either :confused:

Yeah, you can use Skydrive for photos and all if you want however. It is very handy!

There isn't an option to see how much storage you are currently using. To uninstall a game, you hover over it in Games & Apps and press the 'start' button to bring up a list of options including uninstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ok so mine arrived today , and using it is a bit of a shock to the system.

Have a few questions, my kinect seems a little inconsistent in that sometimes it will register me waving my arms about and others not at all, then it will only respond to my right arm when it does work :confused:

Voice commands are fine after i set region to UK.

It only uses the right hand for some gestures, but should see both. Does your "go home" command work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

In other news...Xtra Vision have done a 180 on their policy RE: buying a game with the Console

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement