Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

High res PDF of Kinect commands and gestures.

http://bit.ly/1geKHe5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

trudub83 wrote: »
    In other news...Xtra Vision have done a 180 on their policy RE: buying a game with the Console
    Yeah, but will they refund the people they gouged last week, or who they refused a preordered console because they didn't buy the extra game?

XtraVision / HMV have probably already sold the unit and don't have on me to fulfil the contract they broke last week.

Very bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I thought you could upload to Youtube from Skydrive. When is the streaming through Twitch supposed to be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

trudub83 wrote: »
    In other news...Xtra Vision have done a 180 on their policy RE: buying a game with the Console

Yes but it was still robbery and it is only for people who have NOT opened their game. If you opened it, there is no refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tony1980 wrote: »
    I thought you could upload to Youtube from Skydrive. When is the streaming through Twitch supposed to be available?

Not directly, you upload your gameplay footage to Skydrive and access it on a PC and upload it from your PC to YouTube.

Shortly after the New Year I'm assuming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

logik wrote: »
    Yes but it was still robbery and it is only for people who have NOT opened their game. If you opened it, there is no refund.

Why would you have opened it?

1. You didn't want the game (Isn't that why we're all complaining?)
    2. Did you honestly think they wouldn't change the policy after pulling a stunt like that?
    3. Should have asked for 2 receipts anyway. One for the console, the other for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Any idea if there are plans to fully integrate Sky/Virgin etc. via the OneGuide feature like they can do in the US?

ie. changing channels with voice commands

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

x43r0 wrote: »
    Any idea if there are plans to fully integrate Sky/Virgin etc. via the OneGuide feature like they can do in the US?

ie. changing channels with voice commands

Not till some point in 2014.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-wont-launch-xbox-ones-oneguide-in-uk-until-2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Could someone please tell me which courier GS used last week to deliver your XB1?

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me which courier GS used last week to deliver your XB1?

An post.

An post.

Even for people who chose express delivery?

Even tho standard delivery got there the day before release for many lucky bastads :p

DaLad wrote: »
    Even for people who chose express delivery?

Even tho standard delivery got there the day before release for many lucky bastads :p

Yeah. An Post express delivery. They ask for a signature as well so make sure someone is home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

First crash today.....beyond the usual couple of 'we don't know what happened' errors while flinging around the UI.
    After about an hour of Forza....just crashed back to Home. System nice and cool etc etc....very odd. Wonder if there's any automatic crash report going on in the background ?

I would expect to see a new OS update in the coming days. Both consoles have been rushed out and I think we will see updates once a month until things smooth out.

McDermotX wrote: »
    First crash today.....beyond the usual couple of 'we don't know what happened' errors while flinging around the UI.
    After about an hour of Forza....just crashed back to Home. System nice and cool etc etc....very odd. Wonder if there's any automatic crash report going on in the background ?

It's not the system, it's the game.

Bernese Alps Crashing the Game/Corrupted Save Workaround

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

While I suspect the game (and/or OS) to have issues, it's not that problem.

Well into the game over the last few days with no issues. This was just out of the blue today after playing for over an hour with no problems. To be honest, I'd side more with the system being the fault due to the nature of the crash, just a complete shutdown of the process so to speak, with the system ready to rock on the home screen.
    Hard to say either way.

Well into the game over the last few days with no issues. This was just out of the blue today after playing for over an hour with no problems. To be honest, I'd side more with the system being the fault due to the nature of the crash, just a complete shutdown of the process so to speak, with the system ready to rock on the home screen.
    Hard to say either way.

Hmmmm, hard to know.

Same happens with Battlefield every now and then as well, was happening my friend a lot and he reckons since he disabled VOIP in BF4 options it hasn't crashed since :confused:

Hard to say either way.

I'd be inclined to agree with you here.

Think the fact that it is ready for use after termination of the game suggests that the game itself is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hmmmm, hard to know.

Same happens with Battlefield every now and then as well, was happening my friend a lot and he reckons since he disabled VOIP in BF4 options it hasn't crashed since :confused:

I've found with battlefield that as long as I dont play domination, I'm laughing, got 2 hours last night crash free on a variety of rush and team deathmatch.

In other news, it looks sooooo, goood! getting the hang of using the kinect tracking for leaning around corners now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I've found with battlefield that as long as I dont play domination, I'm laughing, got 2 hours last night crash free on a variety of rush and team deathmatch.

In other news, it looks sooooo, goood! getting the hang of using the kinect tracking for leaning around corners now as well.

The tracking for leaning around corners is very very cool I have to say, works no problem for me everytime and you feel even more involved in the game. Not for some people, I know but I feel it adds a lot more to the gaming experience. I like the Kinect Integration in DR3 too, I watched no online videos about DR3 really so I have been pleasantly surprised by this game, love the way making noise or talking attracts the zombies towards you, very cool feature!

tony1980 wrote: »
    The tracking for leaning around corners is very very cool I have to say, works no problem for me everytime and you feel even more involved in the game. Not for some people, I know but I feel it adds a lot more to the gaming experience. I like the Kinect Integration in DR3 too, I watched no online videos about DR3 really so I have been pleasantly surprised by this game, love the way making noise or talking attracts the zombies towards you, very cool feature!

That sounds great, love the idea of making noise attracts zombies.

Not really interested in all the gimmicks they've developed.

Still getting the console though.

Not really interested in all the gimmicks they've developed.

Consider it, extra immersive gaming :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok had my 1st few hours with it now and have some niggles with it, I really miss the old guide even for something as simple as checking what time it was, the party chat is so annoying if you are not in the same game as the others, and a massive oversight ...... no batter indicator that I could see :confused:

Over all though Battlefield is a fair step up in term of looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lads, can I ask what way the midnight launches in Gamestop went. Did they open at 12 and how long did they stay open for? I'm picking up the other consoles who's name we shall not mention, and I'm told they were very organised for the Xbox One launch. I finish work at around 12 am, and it'd take me about a half hour to get there, so I might leave it til the Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Grayditch wrote: »
    Lads, can I ask what way the midnight launches in Gamestop went. Did they open at 12 and how long did they stay open for? I'm picking up the other consoles who's name we shall not mention, and I'm told they were very organised for the Xbox One launch. I finish work at around 12 am, and it'd take me about a half hour to get there, so I might leave it til the Friday morning.

My local opened at ten pm, you presented your receipt / paid your balance and got a ticket. You could hang around or go home for two hours then. On the stroke of twelve all the consoles and your games had been bagged up and it was pretty much bang bang bang person after person. I'd say it was all cleared by ten past twelve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah crap. I'll probably leave it til the morning. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

calex71 wrote: »
    the party chat is so annoying if you are not in the same game as the others
    In what way? With the 360, if I was in a party, which was often when I was online, there'd always be people playing different games. What is different about it?

• Advertisement

Consider it, extra immersive gaming :p

Thats what I would call it too! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement