Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It costs Microsoft $471 to build the One, according to an upcoming report from IHS, here is a pretty in depth teardown of the console and what parts cost what.

http://allthingsd.com/20131126/microsofts-xbox-one-cost-90-more-to-build-than-sonys-ps4-teardown-shows/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does anyone know the failure rate of the Xbox, to justify IGN doing this with another console again? I feel both consoles have launched relatively hassle free, and I think they could be less sensationalist with their imagery.

v2y6b4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Clickbait.

I guess the fanboy war is good for the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Some gob****e on tv3 talking out of his ass "it would cost 3000 euro to get these graphics on pc"

• Advertisement

That's fairly embarrassing, but the TV3 logo will give that away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ShaneU wrote: »
    Some gob****e on tv3 talking out of his ass "it would cost 3000 euro to get these graphics on pc"

Christ almighty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

maybe he meant 300e I could see that been more realistic price but no way in hell is it 3000
    is their even a graphics card out their worth that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    maybe he meant 300e I could see that been more realistic price but no way in hell is it 3000
    is their even a graphics card out their worth that much?

He would have meant price for the whole system including monitor & peripherals I'd say but still, a bit of an exaggeration! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone try smartglass with Dead Rising? Pretty nice, only thing it's not really good to use in co-op were you can't pause the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

How about kinect with the zombies hearing you? Work well?

Pushtrak wrote: »
    How about kinect with the zombies hearing you? Work well?

Only realised what was going on when I was chatting away to a pal in party chat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

calex71 wrote: »
    Only realised what was going on when I was chatting away to a pal in party chat :D

That's rather annoying is it not?

That's rather annoying is it not?

AH no I don't think it was hearing me through the headset, it was through kinect i think can be turned off anyway.

The calls you get in smart glass send you off to do something you do it it gives you a code for the lockbox at the garage at the start, we open it to find nade launcers and rpgs /whooosh /booooooom etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The more I play battlefield, the more I love it. It just 'feels' right. Once you adapt your playstyle (former cod junkie) things come together nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

Those with broken grinding BluRay drives can show their console who's boss and sort the problem by hitting it a few smacks! There's something very Irish about it and reminds me of a drunken night out. If someone (aka: a console) gives me grief (aka: a consoles broken drive), I'll hit the fecker a few times and that's end of story! :P

In seriousness though... Apparently a few people have tried this method and have fixed the problematic XB1 Grinding drives with a few thumps.

*DISCLAIMER*... This method is NOT RECOMMENDED and it's advised to contact Microsoft Support and go through the official channels when trying to resolve your issue with the XB1 Grinding Drive. I only post the above comments and the link below for entertainment purposes! Enjoy! :)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/26/user-gets-physical-with-broken-xbox-one-and-it-starts-working.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just finished Ryse, glad I ignored the worst bits of the reviews, it really showed off what the 1 can do, graphics are 10/10, It pushes you on but that's not such a bad thing it keeps the pace up while you slash and hack your way through it at speed, you gradually build your strengths until the very end. It's not something you should wait around until it drops to €5 it's well worth a few hours of your time now.
    I don't think there's a game out there to match it visually. Anyone with a good telly and surround sound will really appreciate it's blockbuster feel. It's next gen only problem now is what to trade it for, I think DR3 graphics will look a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Anyone try smartglass with Dead Rising? Pretty nice, only thing it's not really good to use in co-op were you can't pause the game :D
    I mostly use it for the map, just to save me having to pause it so I can just glance at the tablet. The only thing is I find it doesn't always work for me, tonight I just couldn't get it to work at all and every time I tried it froze on the first screen and wouldn't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

The more I play battlefield, the more I love it. It just 'feels' right. Once you adapt your playstyle (former cod junkie) things come together nicely.

Couldnt agree more! I went from the stage of spawning, running for 1 minute, getting killed, back to spawn, running for 1 minute, getting killed... over and over to do pretty decently.

Also, I am a Search and Destroy addict, it is the main reason why I play CoD. When I got the console I decided to give BF a chance, played for the first day or two, then played Ghost for 1 h, didnt like it. Went back to BF but I was missing S&D a bit until I realized that there is a game mode in BF called Defuse which is the equivalent to S&D in CoD... but better, no streaks, no lag compensation, everyone seems to be playing the objective, no recon or sit rep pro... none of the bad things that I have noticed in that last few CODs.. heaven on earth!

No way I am going back to CoD now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bohrio wrote: »

No way I am going back to CoD now...

Welcome to the battlefield boys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Played the Prague track on Forza last night - absolutely jaw dropping. literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I just hop up on an all van or truck when I use it which solves the issue of the zombies munching away at me while browsing the map, loving this game, had some craic last night playing co-op!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Once you play BF you will NEVER go back to any other online FPS imo. It is hands down the most fun online shooter out there. And with 64 players, it is immense. Proper big maps, with real tactics. Armor, air and infantry makes it so diverse. And the sound is just out of this world.

Welcome to BF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Guys, quick question about a slight problem.

Every now and again, my screen goes black. Just for a second and it comes back, but it's like a black screen flashes up and then off. Anyone else had that?
    I have seen this as well, in the middle of a game of FIFA or something that the screen will go black for a second (as if the game had crashed) but then comes back as if nothing had happened.

I've checked the hdmi connection and it seems ok.

Anyone else having this? What did they do to fix it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sounds like a interesting concept

Quantum Break will have TV episodes on the Xbox One disc that shift via player choice
    speaking with Polygon, Remedy’s Sam Lake “Acts of the game are interwoven with episodes of the show,” Quantum Break’s lead writer Sam Lake said, “What we have as connecting tissue are these moments of choice related to the fiction of time powers.

“Our bad guy in the game has the most powerful time powers of all, and he has this junction ability where he’s able to see glimpses of different futures, different timelines. It’s almost like a dynamic player-created cliffhanger at the end of each act.

“You get to explore these glimpses and visions of two different futures, and you make a choice as to which comes to be. And from that we shift into an episode of the show. From the first scene you’ll get alternate content depending on the choice you’ve made.”

The on-disc TV episodes will shift depending on the outcome of these alternate futures, and the choices you make throughout the campaign.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-26-xbox-one-exclusive-quantum-break-includes-tv-show-episodes-on-disc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

logik wrote: »
    Once you play BF you will NEVER go back to any other online FPS imo. It is hands down the most fun online shooter out there. And with 64 players, it is immense. Proper big maps, with real tactics. Armor, air and infantry makes it so diverse. And the sound is just out of this world.

Welcome to BF :)

I have played COD for the last 5 years and BF4 is my first entry into the series (mind you, I still bought Ghosts too).

My brother kept telling be about how many epic moments he has had.

So...first game of conquest in Shanghai. I'm getting to know the giant map. I come across something like a rocket launcher on a tripod. You can't bring it with you, you can only man it. So I did. As I was using it, I felt that there wasn't alot I could hit. Then I hear some whirring noise, I turn my aim slightly to the left and there is this enemy chopper landing with people coming out of it. It landed about 10 metres away from me. Suffice it to say - Boom!

5 minutes later, the skyscraper collapsed.

I love this game :D

I'd recommend it to anyone who bouught the One.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have played COD for the last 5 years and BF4 is my first entry into the series (mind you, I still bought Ghosts too).

So...first game of conquest in Shanghai. I'm getting to know the giant map. I come across something like a rocket launcher on a tripod. You can't bring it with you, you can only man it. So I did. As I was using it, I felt that there wasn't alot I could hit. Then I hear some whirring noise, I turn my aim slightly to the left and there is this enemy chopper landing with people coming out of it. It landed about 10 metres away from me. Suffice it to say - Boom!

The sky scraper coming down is pretty epic on the One vs the 360 especially if you have a nice vantage point to see it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xenji wrote: »
    Sounds like a interesting concept

Quantum Break will have TV episodes on the Xbox One disc that shift via player choice

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-26-xbox-one-exclusive-quantum-break-includes-tv-show-episodes-on-disc

Will be interesting to see just how varied it can actually be, or will it be like the 'multiple endings' to Mass Effect 3, which amounted to 3 different colours.

I can't imagine the player choice is all that great - as the divergent possibilities as you go further through the game/episode would be two great. Even if just 2 main choices were given, you would need 2 episode two's. 4 episode three's, 8 episode fours and on you go.

Interesting - but I can't help but prepare myself for a let down on the player choice issue. It could still be a very interesting game and TV dynamic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Same here, big COD fan but ended up buying BF4 aswell. I've used that same tripod, its a great way to rack up kills allright (even though you are a sitting duck). I like the way you can respawn at the base and get into a vehicle, definitely for new people you can last a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Oh what it must feel like to be playing BF for the first time!!! :D I have been playing BF for years, always been a great game. Would love to have the money to pick up my X1 but it will have to wait until next year. For now its the 360 and PC :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement