Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

logik wrote: »
    Would love to have the money to pick up my X1 but it will have to wait until next year. For now its the 360 and PC :(

Not the usual attitude shown by the PC-gaming master-race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have seen this as well, in the middle of a game of FIFA or something that the screen will go black for a second (as if the game had crashed) but then comes back as if nothing had happened.

I've checked the hdmi connection and it seems ok.

Anyone else having this? What did they do to fix it?

Thanks.

I am having the same issue but only with BF not with Forza.

Yesterday instead of going black it just goes fuzzy for a millisecond and then continues as normal... it can happen from every couple of seconds to every minute or more...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys. Picking up my Xbox one on the 6th. Won't have to much money left so can only afford one game. What would you think would be the best to get now ? This will have to do for a month or two until I can afford another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys. Picking up my Xbox one on the 6th. Won't have to much money left so can only afford one game. What would you think would be the best to get now ? This will have to do for a month or two until I can afford another one.

What kind of games do you enjoy? There is DR3, BF4 or Forza or even Zoo Tycoon.

Well that depends on what you like, if you like driving then Forza, if you like FPS then BF (IMO), if you like Football then Fifa ...

I have heard mix reviews regarding Dead Rising and good things about Rise...

Does your console come with a free game?

• Advertisement

I play a lot of online Cod. I've had all the other dead rising and enjoyed them all. Same with fifa. See I just can't choose that's my problem :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You can only play one at a time and the others will only get cheaper while you wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got Forza and while it looks good it just doesn't really appeal to me.
    Fifa I love and the next gen issue is miles ahead of Fifa 14 on the xbox 360 which was frakking awful.
    Mate works for EA so it getting BF4 for me for €20 :D so looking forward to that.
    I have it on my uber pc ;) already but I want some kind of shoot em up where I can just sit down and game and still keep an eye on the young fella.
    BF4 is brilliant by the way..miles ahead of COD which I do enjoy playing as well.

Blazer wrote: »
    Got Forza and while it looks good it just doesn't really appeal to me.
    Fifa I love and the next gen issue is miles ahead of Fifa 14 on the xbox 360 which was frakking awful.
    Mate works for EA so it getting BF4 for me for €20 :D so looking forward to that.
    I have it on my uber pc ;) already but I want some kind of shoot em up where I can just sit down and game and still keep an eye on the young fella.
    BF4 is brilliant by the way..miles ahead of COD which I do enjoy playing as well.

Ok so think I'm down to bf4 and fifa. Mmmm maybe I could just go without food a few days and afford both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ok so think I'm down to bf4 and fifa. Mmmm maybe I could just go without food a few days and afford both :D

BF4 hands down. Fifa will get boring after a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Depends on if you like shooting or football more, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Has anyone seen any comments from Microsoft about what feels like an almost broken friends list? It doesn't tell you when friends come online so you have to keep checking (unless you're playing the same game apparently though I haven't noticed this) and you need to stop playing the game to even check if any friends have come online.

I agree with BF, always been a CoD fan, I have them both and I think BF is miles ahead.

I also find Fifa boring after a while but that's just me. Also, you will finish BF campaign mode in a few hours so if you are not going to play multiplayer then maybe you want to chose something else (not Ghost though as the story mode is even shorter than BF)

Forza is nice too but after a while it gets boring, same tracks over and over... but the game looks and feels fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Nolimits wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any comments from Microsoft about what feels like an almost broken friends list? It doesn't tell you when friends come online so you have to keep checking (unless you're playing the same game apparently though I haven't noticed this) and you need to stop playing the game to even check if any friends have come online.

I've never actually noticed this because I don't have many friends :'(

But now that you mention it, that is a right pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Will be interesting to see just how varied it can actually be, or will it be like the 'multiple endings' to Mass Effect 3, which amounted to 3 different colours.

I can't imagine the player choice is all that great - as the divergent possibilities as you go further through the game/episode would be two great. Even if just 2 main choices were given, you would need 2 episode two's. 4 episode three's, 8 episode fours and on you go.

Interesting - but I can't help but prepare myself for a let down on the player choice issue. It could still be a very interesting game and TV dynamic though.

I like the idea of it, more than likely the first time something like this is done it will not live up to the expectations, but if people like the concept it they might give it more focus and refine it more in the future, it is always good when a developer tries something new, but if it turns out bad it is the first thing reviewers will jump on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Gamestop online (no idea about in store) still taking pre orders for before Christmas if anyone is still looking (surprise to me, might be old news :P ) No need to pay over the odds on Adverts or Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know if you can get the Kinnect TV mount in Ireland? Don't see it online with Gamestop, Smyths or Argos.

Fifa will get boring after a few days.

Depends what you are in to.

Fifa 14 is a big improvement over the 360 version. It's getting a lot of play time from myself, I'm still not bored with it and dont see myself being bored anytime soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

BF4 hands down. Fifa will get boring after a few days.

plus ther's not that many online playinig it..UT struggles to find people

Blazer wrote: »
    plus ther's not that many online playinig it..UT struggles to find people

Really? I've had no problem finding people :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone know if you can get the Kinnect TV mount in Ireland? Don't see it online with Gamestop, Smyths or Argos.

Not that I know of, just this third party one licensed by Microsoft you can get on Amazon

Edit: Wrong link

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They look so cheap to make, they probably should have thrown it into the box, but business is business, I guess.

DaLad wrote: »
    Not that I know of, just this third party one licensed by Microsoft you can get on Amazon

PDP Xbox One Kinect Tv Mount Just over a tenner.

That only lists 360 - I assume the 360 and One kinnect sensors are sufficiently different to render a 360 one useless to me. I don't know for certain as I didn't have kinnect for the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This is probably the one he meant to link

Out of stock though

That only lists 360 - I assume the 360 and One kinnect sensors are sufficiently different to render a 360 one useless to me. I don't know for certain as I didn't have kinnect for the 360.

My bad. I did the same thing yesterday when I was looking for one myself, spent 5 minutes considering buying it when I realised it was 360 version, then went along and forgot all about it when I posted it just now lol.

It seems you can only buy it on PDP's site for $19.99 HERE

or there's this other brand on Amazon currently unavailable HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

There's a HDPVR2 gaming edition on Amazon.co.uk lightning deals for 103 euro. 47% off. Hurry.

maximoose wrote: »

Out of stock though

That's another one but I prefer the look of the PDP one myself as you can see here:

81zdky9zspl._sl1500_.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Uploading a video with excessive swearing will get you banned confirmed by MS.

I wonder if any more GTA's will be hitting the XB, seems pointless.

Story made CNN, yanks won't be happy as they love their freedom

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/26/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-live-cursing-ban/index.html?eref=edition

DaLad wrote: »
    My bad. I did the same thing yesterday when I was looking for one myself, spent 5 minutes considering buying it when I realised it was 360 version, then went along and forgot all about it when I posted it just now lol.

It seems you can only buy it on PDP's site for $19.99 HERE

or there's this other brand on Amazon currently unavailable HERE
    Pity they don't ship outside US - would like that mount and the charging station thing. Handy pieces of Kit...

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

Out of stock though

I order that one from amazon on Friday. Should arrive at the end of the week, hopefully. Also bought a battery pack/charger below for 20 euro give or take.

link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement