Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks guys. Think I'll go with battlefield. I always play online anyway so hours of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

RasTa wrote: »
    Uploading a video with excessive swearing will get you banned confirmed by MS.

I wonder if any more GTA's will be hitting the XB, seems pointless.

Story made CNN, yanks won't be happy as they love their freedom

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/26/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-live-cursing-ban/index.html?eref=edition
    You could just maybe not upload videos from a game with lots of swearing? O_o

Besides, its just a temporary ban on using certain apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Meesared wrote: »
    You could just maybe not upload videos from a game with lots of swearing? O_o

Besides, its just a temporary ban on using certain apps

It's more a question of double standards whilst playing something like GTA5.

Surprised that it made CNN, bad PR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

How is it double standards? Live is accessible by kids, GTA shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Think I'll go with battlefield. I always play online anyway so hours of fun :)

Good choice, you wont be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Why would it?

Headline: MS protect children from internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Varik wrote: »
    Why would it?

Headline: MS protect children from internet.

He said surprised it DID make CNN. In case you read it wrong :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Really? I've had no problem finding people :confused:

I supposed the times I'm playing at..had agame last night around 12am..took around 5 mins to find opponent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys. Picking up my Xbox one on the 6th. Won't have to much money left so can only afford one game. What would you think would be the best to get now ? This will have to do for a month or two until I can afford another one.

1. Battlefield 4
    2. Killer Instinct - it's free :) (and awesome)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    1. Battlefield 4

Well "free" to a certain extent. Free for 1 character & 1 stage and no achievements, but I guess that would do for people who have any interest in the game whatsoever :P

You also get Xbox Fitness free too with the option to purchase advanced workouts and you can also get Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason free.

Then you can always download the FIFA14 and NBA Live 14 demo's too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

1. Battlefield 4

Might as well give those free games a go a aswell !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DaLad wrote: »
    Well "free" to a certain extent. Free for 1 character & 1 stage and no achievements, but I guess that would do for people who have any interest in the game whatsoever :P

You also get Xbox Fitness free too with the option to purchase advanced workouts and you can also get Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason free.

Then you can always download the FIFA14 and NBA Live 14 demo's too.

Just to clarify, yes it's only one character (which rotates to a new character each week), but you also get one of the most thorough tutorial systems I have ever seen and survival mode. You can also play the character online. All for free, and you can but other characters for a fiver. I upgraded to the 20 euro pack and got all 6 characters and will get 2 new ones in 2014. Great deal.

Just to clarify, yes it's only one character (which rotates to a new character each week), but you also get one of the most thorough tutorial systems I have ever seen and survival mode. You can also play the character online. All for free, and you can but other characters for a fiver. I upgraded to the 20 euro pack and got all 6 characters and will get 2 new ones in 2014. Great deal.

Indeed it is a great deal for people who like the game :D

Why can't there be more games I'd enjoy for that price :/

I also think Zoo Tycoon should be only like €20. Mainly because I want it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

Wish I could get past tiger fury in the tutorial. Spent twenty minutes trying to get it. Z my bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Indeed it is a great deal for people who like the game :D

Why can't there be more games I'd enjoy for that price :/

I also think Zoo Tycoon should be only like €20. Mainly because I want it :D

I'll definitely be picking up Zoo Tycoon. Looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

DTA338 wrote: »
    Wish I could get past tiger fury in the tutorial. Spent twenty minutes trying to get it. Z my bollocks.

I too spent 20minutes on this before luckily managing to get it 3 times.
    then on next tutorial where it does shadow or something it asks for you to do it again so I quit to the home screen.

For some reason that Z movement was next to impossible for me, however in the end using the thumbstick instead of d pad I managed to get it by chance id say

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

brav wrote: »
    I too spent 20minutes on this before luckily managing to get it 3 times.
    then on next tutorial where it does shadow or something it asks for you to do it again so I quit to the home screen.

For some reason that Z movement was next to impossible for me, however in the end using the thumbstick instead of d pad I managed to get it by chance id say

Forget about the 'Z' talk. It is the same as the uppercut thing Ryu has in street fighter.

Forward, Down, Down-Forward. Easy enough once you ignore trying to draw a 'Z'!

And I say this as someone who is TERRIBLE at fighting games. TERRIBLE.

I'll definitely be picking up Zoo Tycoon. Looks fantastic.

Memories of PC version as a kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

While I don't have Zoo Tycoon or an Xbox for that matter... that game really makes me want to see another Jurassic Park: Genesis game.

Someone make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

tok9 wrote: »
    While I don't have Zoo Tycoon or an Xbox for that matter... that game really makes me want to see another Jurassic Park: Genesis game.

Someone make it happen.

WOW! I was thinking the exact same thing at that moment. I used to sit at my old Dell Optiplex playing JP while listening to either The Verve, The Phonics, Phantom of the Opera or The Woman in White.

Now that brings back memories!!

• Advertisement

I wonder when the games for Gold for Xbox One will start. I will welcome ANY game on ONE for free lol :D

Games for Gold to continue on Xbox One

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

A slightly more ghetto way of getting your turtle beach headset to work with xbox one.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbob-360-to-Xbox-One-Headset-DIY-Conversion-Turtle/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think I'll wait for the adapator :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    I think I'll wait for the adapator :pac:

I reckon I'll give it a go at the weekend, the free headset hurts my head anyway so I'm not using it at the moment. I'll probably go the marginally more technical route and try and solder in a jack plug. I'll keep ye posted on my epic win / fail. :pac:

A slightly more ghetto way of getting your turtle beach headset to work with xbox one.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbob-360-to-Xbox-One-Headset-DIY-Conversion-Turtle/

Still surround sound headset don't work as no dolby digital yet lol and my turtle beaches have a bluetooth headset anyway so I'd say I'm fu*cked :D

Still surround sound headset don't work as no dolby digital yet lol and my turtle beaches have a bluetooth headset anyway so I'd say I'm fu*cked :D

Yeah, thats a bit of a balls alright, I reckon that'll be one of the first things they sort in a firmware update though. I havent event connected my headset using the digital optical cable yet, Its just plugged into the stereo out on the tv, and I'm using the mic from the communicator headset by placing it around my neck.

Theres a video here showing in great detail how to do it.

http://codghostswalkthrough.com/how-to-use-current-turtle-beach-headset-with-xbox-one-diy-adapter-must-see/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah, thats a bit of a balls alright, I reckon that'll be one of the first things they sort in a firmware update though. I havent event connected my headset using the digital optical cable yet, Its just plugged into the stereo out on the tv, and I'm using the mic from the communicator headset by placing it around my neck.

Theres a video here showing in great detail how to do it.

http://codghostswalkthrough.com/how-to-use-current-turtle-beach-headset-with-xbox-one-diy-adapter-must-see/

Would agree here. I think there will be a fireware update in the next month adding more and more features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wonder when the games for Gold for Xbox One will start. I will welcome ANY game on ONE for free lol :D

Games for Gold to continue on Xbox One

Sit back and relax with http://majornelson.com/2013/11/27/xbox-live-gold-members-get-gears-of-war-and-shoot-many-robots-free-in-december/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

The original Gears of War? From 2006?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep. Rather pathetic offerings this month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement