Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Newaglish wrote: »
    The original Gears of War? From 2006?

yup, its a genuine classic though, too bad 99% of people with an xbox probably already own it or have played it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Got it in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

RasTa wrote: »

No because I already played GOW. It was actually the reason I bought Xbox instead of PS3. Even got the Xbox Gears of war bundle at the time :D I'll download both games tho just to have them digitally but I can't see myself playing my 360 much again :p

Yup, excellent game, still!

DaLad wrote: »
    No because I already played GOW. It was actually the reason I bought Xbox instead of PS3. Even got the Xbox Gears of war bundle at the time :D I'll download both games tho just to have them digitally but I can't see myself playing my 360 much again :p

Yup, excellent game, still!

Hardly worthy of a monthly game though....

Hardly worthy of a monthly game though....

Fortnight game really :P

It would definitely be if it wasn't for the fact most people played it already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I'm playing through a season on FIFA and during my last game I conceded a penalty which my keeper saved and he then gave another penalty away trying to get to the rebound, at which point I said ffs and insulted the ref. That was fine and when the match finished I had a message from the board telling me refrain from using such colourful language, another way it uses the kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dor83 wrote: »
    I'm playing through a season on FIFA and during my last game I conceded a penalty which my keeper saved and he then gave another penalty away trying to get to the rebound, at which point I said ffs and insulted the ref. That was fine and when the match finished I had a message from the board telling me refrain from using such colourful language, another way it uses the kinect.

was that not introduced into fifa 13 as well? great way to use the kinect in my opinion makes me use less bad language:pac: all the rage just builds up in me head until I turn off the xbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

dor83 wrote: »

Jeez, that sounds unreal. Cant wait to get my hands on the One in the new year.
    The use of the kinect is only going to get better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    was that not introduced into fifa 13 as well? great way to use the kinect in my opinion makes me use less bad language:pac: all the rage just builds up in me head until I turn off the xbox :D
    I haven't played FIFA in a couple of years so don't know if it was in 13, I didn't even know it was in this one until I got the message. When I saw the message I had no idea why I was getting a warning until I read it, it made me laugh because it's a little thing that I would never have thought would be in a game but I do like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wouldn't like being told not to use bad language as an adult, but if it's a tongue in cheek thing, then it's funny, I guess.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wouldn't like being told not to use bad language as an adult, but if it's a tongue in cheek thing, then it's funny, I guess.

then switch it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, that's what I would do alright, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Lads just ordered the one off of argos, I have battlefield on the 360 . how do I get the discount for the one? Can't see anything on the box about it. Thanks

Gamestop did an upgrade for E15. Not sure how long thats going on though. I'd imagine for a limited time.

Ah crap, was hoping for a dl and keep the 360
    copy too. Very few of my mates have the one and loads playing it on the 360.ill just buy it on the one and keep the 360 copy too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

deco nate wrote: »
    Ah crap, was hoping for a dl and keep the 360
    copy too. Very few of my mates have the one and loads playing it on the 360.ill just buy it on the one and keep the 360 copy too :(

Keep in mind, after you transfer your stats to ONE version. They will be tracked separately.

DaLad wrote: »
    Keep in mind, after you transfer your stats to ONE version. They will be tracked separately.

A mate that has the one told me not to bring over my stats and just go from 0. Because it will reset my stats on the 360.is that true?

Question about argos.

I received an email after reserving it that says it'll be available for collection between the 29th and the 5th of December. Seems like a long time allowed for collection?

Then i got a text that said thanks for you order we'll text back when it arrives for you.

Which is it?

1. It'll be available from the 29th and they'll text me on the day.
    2. It won't be available until they text me the dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Question about argos.

I received an email after reserving it that says it'll be available for collection between the 29th and the 5th of December. Seems like a long time allowed for collection?

Then i got a text that said thanks for you order we'll text back when it arrives for you.

Which is it?

They will text when it's ready to be picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bloody kinect is interfering with my wireless headphones. I turned it off but would like to have the option to keep it on.

Bloody kinect is interfering with my wireless headphones. I turned it off but would like to have the option to keep it on.

hopefully they patch it (if it can be patched)
    also the haircut thing is quite annoying because for months on end I'd shave my head but then for months on end again I'd go without cutting my hair at all

quick question for lads using the kinect anyway

regarding switching regions from uk-ireland
    is it easy to do? can I switch forth and back all the time? don't fancy ending up with a uk region for the rest of my life with them using pounds and all

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    hopefully they patch it (if it can be patched)
    also the haircut thing is quite annoying because for months on end I'd shave my head but then for months on end again I'd go without cutting my hair at all

quick question for lads using the kinect anyway

regarding switching regions from uk-ireland
    is it easy to do? can I switch forth and back all the time? don't fancy ending up with a uk region for the rest of my life with them using pounds and all
    It's simple, go into settings and change away, the console restarts and off you go. No restrictions on times afaik

Really not liking how friends are handled, no notification pops up to say someone has sent a friend request, it's that someone is following you, so you have to check in manually and then click add as friend to complete the process.

And how do you invite people to a game / start a party? I've seen a few people online but its only as I'm about to turn off the console as there is now no notification. I can't even invite the randomers I meet to a party which is a pity.

A mate that has the one told me not to bring over my stats and just go from 0. Because it will reset my stats on the 360.is that true?

Not true.

I was level 62 on 360 when I did the transfer to ONE and I'm level 65 now on ONE but my soldier is still level 62 on 360!

So it will stay the same as you left it on 360 and treat 360 soldier stats and ONE soldier stats as 2 separate consoles like PS3 & 360.

Question about argos.

Which is it?

My email says ready to pick up from December 2 until December 4.im gonna head in on the morning of December 2,just to make sure. I thought they were not going on sale till Monday? Getting them in on the Friday?

My email says ready to pick up from December 2 until December 4.im gonna head in on the morning of December 2,just to make sure. I thought they were not going on sale till Monday? Getting them in on the Friday?

Check my attachment. Mine says 29th - 5th which is why i'm slightly sceptical :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

anyone managed to open the nat type on vodafone router ?
    i used port forward site but no change ?
    still on strict

Check my attachment. Mine says 29th - 5th which is why i'm slightly sceptical :(

Maybe we were early for the store in question.

I got the same for Galway and was most likely No.1 as I was looking at that checkargos.com page for 45mins after ordering in Athlone.

I noticed a trend that if the status was ''unknown request'' there was stock coming online in the next few minutes. So I ordered within 1/2mins of it coming up.

Galway then said shortly after Mon-Wed as it does now, while I've Friday-Wed in my email and my Athlone order only says Mon-Wed(in email).

Unless there's a glitch for mine and yours that only kicks in after you send the request and it should really read Mon-Wed.

Wouldn't be surprised if some stores had them before the weekend in small amounts and we were just quickest.

• Advertisement

Maybe we were early for the store in question.

I got the same for Galway and was most likely No.1 as I was looking at that checkargos.com page for 45mins after ordering in Athlone.

I noticed a trend that if the status was ''unknown request'' there was stock coming online in the next few minutes. So I ordered within 1/2mins of it coming up.

Galway then said shortly after Mon-Wed as it does now, while I've Friday-Wed in my email and my Athlone order only says Mon-Wed(in email).

Unless there's a glitch for mine and yours that only kicks in after you send the request and it should really read Mon-Wed.

Wouldn't be surprised if some stores had them before the weekend in small amounts and we were just quickest.

Cheers bud! Hopefully that is the case. Let me know if you get a text verifying the date.

Would really appreciate it and fingers crossed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement