Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Maybe best to ring them tomorrow and ask.
    Just to be on the safe side? Quote your reservation and see what they say, and post and let's us know. Cos if they are coming in to the warehouse on Friday then it's gonna take a day to get them to the shops.

Can't see two delivery comin in, in the space of a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

deco nate wrote: »
    Maybe best to ring them tomorrow and ask.
    Just to be on the safe side? Quote your reservation and see what they say, and post and let's us know. Cos if they are coming in to the warehouse on Friday then it's gonna take a day to get them to the shops.

Can't see two delivery comin in, in the space of a day or two.

Good idea i'll do that in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

To those whinging about Xbox controller not having a sealed battery pack this is the spectacular justification

O9ygK0s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Probably a thick idea to put a big light on the back of the controller.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really hate how long it takes to see what an achievement is when you get it now. Seems to take ages after holding down the button to load the notifactions section and then further load the achievements section, as opposed to the old method of "Press button, instant load acheivement page".

Hope they do something about that, along with the friends lists, in an update...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No way the ps4 is that bad on batteries is it???? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, where is that graphic from? Find it hard to believe the DS4 is that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Really hate how long it takes to see what an achievement is when you get it now. Seems to take ages after holding down the button to load the notifactions section and then further load the achievements section, as opposed to the old method of "Press button, instant load acheivement page".

Hope they do something about that, along with the friends lists, in an update...

They need back the guide button , or a newer version of it , it was much better being able to hit that and have access to achievements, party, friends and messages even with it's bit of lag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, where is that graphic from? Find it hard to believe the DS4 is that bad

I would find it hare to believe also. It may be slightly lower but that looks like the DS4 dosent even come close to the X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

logik wrote: »
    I would find it hare to believe also. It may be slightly lower but that looks like the DS4 dosent even come close to the X1.

I am surprised too but it seems its true apparently

link

Around 6-7 hours on average. Wouldnt be enough for me but I guess is not the end of the world either. I would probably have to get two controllers when I get my PS4 next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

anyone managed to open the nat type on vodafone router ?
    i used port forward site but no change ?
    still on strict

After you changed the ports to the new Xbox ip in router settings. Did you reset your Xbox and check to see if it kept the same ip?

Also if you can, try set DMZ on router to Xbox ONE ip.

Here's the link to the help page with the new ports if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xbox Video now available on the web.
    icrosoft's cloud-based video service, Xbox Video, is now available via the web.

Xbox Video allows users to rent or purchase video content. The catalogue, which you can browser through the site, includes more than 300,000 movies and TV episodes.

The service is available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States.

Xbox Video is compatible on Xbox 360, Xbox One, the web and Windows 8.1 PCs and tablets. Support for Windows phones is also planned in future updates.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/27/5152342/xbox-video-now-available-on-the-web

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Xenji wrote: »
    It doesn't support HD playback at the moment though, so if you have bought HD stuff from them you won't be able to view it on the browser, but they do plan on adding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

will we be able to stream from computers to the xbox like on the 360 anytime soon its a feature i really miss

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Just to remind ye, this thread is for Xbox One, not PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will we be able to stream from computers to the xbox like on the 360 anytime soon its a feature i really miss

You can stream video to the xbox one - it is just awkward.

Have to use the latest Windows Media player. Right click on the title you want to stream (on your computer) and select 'Play-To', and then select the Xbox One (will come up as XBOX OS or something like that).

Pain in the ass and nowhere near as handy as streaming was on the 360.

Considering they want the One to be the centre of your media environment - it is plain crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

calex71 wrote: »
    They need back the guide button , or a newer version of it , it was much better being able to hit that and have access to achievements, party, friends and messages even with it's bit of lag
    Definitely, its stupid being able to instantly pop back to the dashboard but then friends/achievements/messages all have a loading screen, what are they using all that allocated RAM and resources for!

How noisey are peoples power bricks?
    Mine has a low clicking when the console is in standby mode...

Mine doesn't make any noise at all. Have you made sure the cable is plugged firmly into the power brick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Definitely, its stupid being able to instantly pop back to the dashboard but then friends/achievements/messages all have a loading screen, what are they using all that allocated RAM and resources for!

There is a fan in the power brick, it is probably what you are hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Have to use the latest Windows Media player. Right click on the title you want to stream (on your computer) and select 'Play-To', and then select the Xbox One (will come up as XBOX OS or something like that).

Considering they want the One to be the centre of your media environment - it is plain crazy.

Yep this is the most ludicrous decision they have made in fairness especially when you look at how they have marketed it.

Luckily the missus hasn't asked why the 360 is still sitting there under the one lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

DaLad wrote: »
    Mine doesn't make any noise at all. Have you made sure the cable is plugged firmly into the power brick?
    Yeah its all solid.
    Xenji wrote: »
    There is a fan in the power brick, it is probably what you are hearing.
    Could be a fan alright, it gets louder when the console is turned on but you'd think it would turn off after a while when the console is in standby, its just sitting on the floor in the open so has plenty of cooling and the console isn't downloading anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah its all solid.

Could be a fan alright, it gets louder when the console is turned on but you'd think it would turn off after a while when the console is in standby, its just sitting on the floor in the open so has plenty of cooling and the console isn't downloading anything.

It should be silent. Sounds like your one is faulty and needs to be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you have a smart tv you can also stream right to the tv cutting out the Xbox

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Relevance to an Xbox One thread. This has none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Getting PS4 from Amazon.co.uk, UPS delivery (paid extra £20) but it says delivery estimate Monday 2nd.

How was it with xbox one, did people get it from Amazon on friday or everybody in Ireland had to wait till Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I have a Samsung smart tv but the client sucks really.Really wish my XB1 would support proper DNLA streaming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Blazer wrote: »
    I have a Samsung smart tv but the client sucks really.Really wish my XB1 would support proper DNLA streaming :(

Hopefully it is one of many things that MS add to the functionality - and soon.

Proper streaming, a proper way of managing disk space in one location and being able to view active and queued downloads in on location would be three I would like

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully it is one of many things that MS add to the functionality - and soon.

Proper streaming, a proper way of managing disk space in one location and being able to view active and queued downloads in on location would be three I would like

Ideally they would at least give you an idea even a percentage of used disk space.

Its ok for now but once people start getting more games or downloading more apps and demos its going to be a nightmare.

I say there will be no updates until at least Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Maybe we were early for the store in question.

I got the same for Galway and was most likely No.1 as I was looking at that checkargos.com page for 45mins after ordering in Athlone.

I noticed a trend that if the status was ''unknown request'' there was stock coming online in the next few minutes. So I ordered within 1/2mins of it coming up.

Galway then said shortly after Mon-Wed as it does now, while I've Friday-Wed in my email and my Athlone order only says Mon-Wed(in email).

Unless there's a glitch for mine and yours that only kicks in after you send the request and it should really read Mon-Wed.

Wouldn't be surprised if some stores had them before the weekend in small amounts and we were just quickest.

Rang Argos just there and she said there's nothing on the system regarding my reservation number. She said it must be a glitch in the system and she can't tell whether or not it's went through. I asked her if i'd receive a text message confirming it's arrival (as the text I got says) and she said all she can go by is the screen in front of her and that Xbox and PS4 stuff is outwith the control of Argos.

Seemed disinterested and couldn't give a hoot to be honest.

Either way it doesn't look good.

• Advertisement

Rang Argos just there and she said there's nothing on the system regarding my reservation number. She said it must be a glitch in the system and she can't tell whether or not it's went through. I asked her if i'd receive a text message confirming it's arrival (as the text I got says) and she said all she can go by is the screen in front of her and that Xbox and PS4 stuff is outwith the control of Argos.

Seemed disinterested and couldn't give a hoot to be honest.

Either way it doesn't look good.

Haven't followed your case but you can pre-order ONE on argos.ie right now in the Tallaght store to be collected on Tuesday if you're interested? Apologies if this is what you have already done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement