Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't even see it as an issue now....

Worked pretty quickly for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Oh dont you just feel embarrassed for them... morons

Oh sweet Moses. That's just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is blu ray region free?

edit - it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is blu ray region free?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Myrddin wrote: »
    I tell you what, we'll have a race...you load 30GB of data through a C64, & I'll do it with an Xbox One....read, set...go!

One of the main reasons I never used my ps3 was because everything needed to be installed, I didn't think the xbox one would emulate one of my pet hates about the Playstation, I really think it's a gigantic step backwards. I'm not sure why Microsoft have done it.
    In fairness to the C64 at least some games had a mini game to play while you were waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nope

Jaysis I thought it was! Just as well I didnt buy those Black Friday deals from Amazon now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I just picked mine up an hour ago, it's going to be a looong afternoon in work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

One of the main reasons I never used my ps3 was because everything needed to be installed, I didn't think the xbox one would emulate one of my pet hates about the Playstation, I really think it's a gigantic step backwards. I'm not sure why Microsoft have done it.
    In fairness to the C64 at least some games had a mini game to play while you were waiting.

You dont have to wait for the entire game to be downloaded/installed before you can begin playing though and you can install in the background as you are playing a different game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody who has a console which can't be named pre-order and is now not going through with it drop me a PM.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

but...your alternative suggestion was to move back to cartridges :P don't take that to mean I wouldn't be in favour of such an awesome move buuuuuuutttt :pac:

• Advertisement

Cartridges were the business, I don't ever remember one not working for me, they never scratched and you were in the game quick, i've a few megadrive ones up in the attic and i'm sure if I blew the dust off them they'd still be working today.

While i'm at it, why aren't we getting digital game download codes for our disc games, dvd's are just to prone to scratching, I think I bought 4 gears of wars discs as they xbox kept chewing them. Must call Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cartridges were the business, I don't ever remember one not working for me, they never scratched and you were in the game quick, i've a few megadrive ones up in the attic and i'm sure if I blew the dust off them they'd still be working today.

While i'm at it, why aren't we getting digital game download codes for our disc games, dvd's are just to prone to scratching, I think I bought 4 gears of wars discs as they xbox kept chewing them. Must call Joe.

because the only way to prevent you from handing out the download codes to your friends would be to have some sort of system that'd check in every day to see if the licence had been used on a different console, and we all remember how well that went down, or as i like to remember it "the time the internet sh4t its pants"

I wouldn't mind the daily check it beats having to re-buy games, I better not let the internet hear me say that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I wouldn't mind the daily check it beats having to re-buy games, I better not let the internet hear me say that though.
    Youd have a lynch mob after you pretty quick :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Attack of the Killer Cats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beautron

Anyone know if and when xbox one will be compatible with Irish upc tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

beautron wrote: »
    Anyone know if and when xbox one will be compatible with Irish upc tv?

What do you mean? My UPC box is waiting to be repaired but it's just a case of plugging the HDMI from the UPC box into the Xbox HDMI in port and telling Xbox to go to TV isn't it?

I read that the xbox tv integration doesnt work in Ireland yet.

Maybe its just the guide integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Two interesting threads on neogaf, they might have been mentioned before but just in case!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722968&highlight=xbox+one+region

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722968

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Forza 5 motorsport game download offer http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057093823

I am happy to have the digital edition of both FIFA and Forza now. Switching to the downloaded games is so fast.

Hmm, that makes going digital much more appealing

A bit risky though after the Injustice banning fiasco?

Holy ****

€44 for any digital download X1 game by just switching region to US and using a fake American address :eek:

This might be VERY dangerous! (for my bank account) :D

DaLad wrote: »

Yep, trying to refrain from buying another game. Too much to play already!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

DaLad wrote: »
    Holy ****

€44 for any digital download X1 game by just switching region to US and using a fake American address :eek:

Does it really work even with your credit card assigned to an irish address?

trudub83 wrote: »
    Does it really work even with your credit card assigned to an irish address?

Haven't tried yet. Supposedly so!

Does anyone know how much Gamestop etc. give you for Xbox One game trade ins??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I've the saorview box hooked into the xbox,very handy instead of using two remote controls.I assume anything that has an HDMI cable can be hooked into it.

I've the saorview box hooked into the xbox,very handy instead of using two remote controls.

Does the saorview guide come up perfectly in the xbox gui?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

I've the saorview box hooked into the xbox,very handy instead of using two remote controls.I assume anything that has an HDMI cable can be hooked into it.

My stupid TV has the soarview built in.

• Advertisement

Nolars wrote: »
    My stupid TV has the soarview built in.

Stupid smart tv! :mad: :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement