Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hi guys. What are the chances of me finding an Xbox One before Christmas or should I just give up and wait for January shipments?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

miralize wrote: »
    Hi guys. What are the chances of me finding an Xbox One before Christmas or should I just give up and wait for January shipments?

well i pre ordered the next delivery to my local xtra vision yesterday and they said they should be getting next it in next friday. I was surprised tbh thought i might not be able to get one so soon so maybe you have some chance yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not sure tbh. It is definitely worth placing a free ad on Adverts.ie under wanted, asking for anyone who has a pre-order receipt who doesn't want their Xbox anymore.

My friend done so and got one from a lady last week. For free you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It will be difficult, I'd recommend calling all of the game stores and getting expected dates of delivery from when you preorder, I would focus on all the stores that do not require a preorder because when they get a shipment in, its first come, first served. Tesco is one of these and Argos another.

Edit: Hmm not that difficult after all. Check out amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Going to collect mine tomorrow in Argos. Cheers Gilberto!

• Advertisement

Just had a quick look on the European Amazon sites. You can get a Day One FIFA Edition on Amazon.de dispatched tomorrow for €500
    €529 with Irish delivery or €509 with parcel motel delivery.

Or on the Italian Amazon for normal edition dispatched December 10th
    Or else on the French Amazon for normal edition dispatched 13th December

Xbox One Day One FIFA Edition Amazon.it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beautron

So, what bits of xbox one dont work properly in ireland?

beautron wrote: »
    So, what bits of xbox one dont work properly in ireland?

TV one guide doesn't work outside US at the moment but they are working on it.

Voice commands aren't officially supported in Ireland at the moment either but that's easily fixed by simply switching location to UK or US in settings and it then works flawlessly.

That's all I think.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Isn't there a 50/60Hz issue too when using the HDMI passthrough feature?

DaLad wrote: »
    Just had a quick look on the European Amazon sites. You can get a Day One FIFA Edition on Amazon.de dispatched tomorrow for €500
    €529 with Irish delivery or €509 with parcel motel delivery.

Or on the Italian Amazon for normal edition dispatched December 10th
    Or else on the French Amazon for normal edition dispatched 13th December

Xbox One Day One FIFA Edition Amazon.it

Thank you, difference between Day 1 and Premium with Fifa editions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I thought I should share this... pretty impressive what they have done with Forza

This is a comparison between the Spa track in Forza and in real life

Thank you, difference between Day 1 and Premium with Fifa editions?

Day One editions were were for people who pre-ordered early. You get FIFA free with the Xbox. You also get a Day One Achievement on Xbox and a limited edition Day One controller that has 'Day One 2013' wrote on the controller.

The premium edition is just standard Xbox with FIFA bundled. Costing €30 more and getting less than Day one edition.

It's for people who missed the Day one edition but luckily for you, it can still be apparently got on Amazon.it :D Surprisingly!

Bohrio wrote: »
    I thought I should share this... pretty impressive what they have done with Forza

That is actually class! Ha, LOVE Forza.

Still tho, feels (looks) faster in real life comparison. I dunno if that's to do with the FPS the camera recorded at or what tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

One of the main reasons I never used my ps3 was because everything needed to be installed, I didn't think the xbox one would emulate one of my pet hates about the Playstation, I really think it's a gigantic step backwards. I'm not sure why Microsoft have done it.
    In fairness to the C64 at least some games had a mini game to play while you were waiting.

It's not a step backwards, it's a natural progression given we now have high resolution textures, high frame rates, huge open worlds, & all manner of advancements that previous consoles never had to deal with. This is a necessity of advancement, not a step backwards

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's not a step backwards, it's a natural progression given we now have high resolution textures, high frame rates, huge open worlds, & all manner of advancements that previous consoles never had to deal with. This is a necessity of advancement, not a step backwards

Exactly, its at max a 10 minute install followed by hours of gameplay which is improved by being on the drive because of the ability to load texture and other assets faster.

Day One editions were were for people who pre-ordered early. You get FIFA free with the Xbox. You also get a Day One Achievement on Xbox and a limited edition Day One controller that has 'Day One 2013' wrote on the controller.

The premium edition is just standard Xbox with FIFA bundled. Costing €30 more and getting less than Day one edition.

It's for people who missed the Day one edition but luckily for you, it can still be apparently got on Amazon.it :D Surprisingly!

Or on Amazon.de :) Just ordered, delivery of 6-7 December :)

Or on Amazon.de :) Just ordered, delivery of 6-7 December :)

I meant Amazon.de in that last post.

The Day one edition had dispatch tomorrow on it but I don't think it does now :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

God dammit thats impressive!!:eek:

I meant Amazon.de in that last post.

The Day one edition had dispatch tomorrow on it but I don't think it does now :S

I'm the reason why :pac:

I'm the reason why :pac:

Ha did you order it then? :D

• Advertisement

Ha did you order it then? :D

^^
    Just ordered, delivery of 6-7 December

Was resigned to waiting until after Xmas for it, but if I could get it sooner :D

There is a slight issue I'm going to have with it. I have nowhere to put it.

I know Microsoft said you can use it vertically at your own risk, but has anyone here tried it? I literally wont have much space to put it otherwise.

^^

Was resigned to waiting until after Xmas for it, but if I could get it sooner :D

There is a slight issue I'm going to have with it. I have nowhere to put it.

I know Microsoft said you can use it vertically at your own risk, but has anyone here tried it? I literally wont have much space to put it otherwise.

Oh right yeah. I'm half asleep apparently sorry lol.

I wouldn't put it vertically myself, not worth the risk. I'm sure you can make room for it SOMEWHERE. That brand new Sky box? DON'T NEED IT, throw it out! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

God dammit thats impressive!!:eek:

Is it me or does it actually look better on Forza lol

It looks like if it had more details than the real life version..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Is it me or does it actually look better on Forza lol

It looks like if it had more details than the real life version..

real life is for noobs

Nolars wrote: »
    real life is for noobs

i-went-outside-once-graphics-were-amazing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Pretty sure I have The Turtle Beach X12's working with the xbox one now. Going to test out chat with it now to make sure, I followed that guide that was posted earlier in the thread. I plug the green connection into the TV Headset port and the USB into the TV or the xbox, both work. Soldered the cables from the X12'S into the cables for the connection that plugs into the controller. The game and chat volume function on the X12'S still work for turning up or down the volume and there is no static so far :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I have The Turtle Beach X12's working with the xbox one now. Going to test out chat with it now to make sure, I followed that guide that was posted earlier in the thread. I plug the green connection into the TV Headset port and the USB into the TV or the xbox, both work. Soldered the cables from the X12'S into the cables for the connection that plugs into the controller. The game and chat volume function on the X12'S still work for turning up or down the volume and there is no static so far :-)
    Well done lad! I went to maplin today and got a 2.5mm jack that I'm going to solder in just after the part that connects into the ganepad. With a bit of luck I'll get it done tomorrow.

Well done lad! I went to maplin today and got a 2.5mm jack that I'm going to solder in just after the part that connects into the ganepad. With a bit of luck I'll get it done tomorrow.

Really don't see the point when you can chat through the kinect perfectly until an official adapter is released which is the case for a lot of the headsets.

Really don't see the point when you can chat through the kinect perfectly until an official adapter is released which is the case for a lot of the headsets.

That would be alright if you didn't have your kinect by your tv and your tv up loud :/

• Advertisement

That would be alright if you didn't have your kinect by your tv and your tv up loud :/

Why would you have your TV up when you've a headset on? Am i missing something...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement