Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Really don't see the point when you can chat through the kinect perfectly until an official adapter is released which is the case for a lot of the headsets.

Perfectly? Have you tried it? Plus i don't live in my own so there can often be other people in the room that id rather not have to be telling to stay quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Perfectly? Have you tried it? Plus i don't live in my own so there can often be other people in the room that id rather not have to be telling to stay quiet.

People who play COD competitively are using it and say it's crystal clear.

People who play COD competitively are using it and say it's crystal clear.

Link? I'd be interested in looking at how they have it setup.

Link? I'd be interested in looking at how they have it setup.

Don't know how they have it set up sorry. I just follow a few of them on twitter and they seem to think it's fine.

Perhaps it's not. I'll see what I think tomorrow when I pick mine up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Why would you have your TV up when you've a headset on? Am i missing something...

Didn't you say you didn't see the point in using a makeshift headset when you can use your kinect for talking through?

Or were you just saying use the basic headset that comes with it?

• Advertisement

Don't know how they have it set up sorry. I just follow a few of them on twitter and they seem to think it's fine.

Perhaps it's not. I'll see what I think tomorrow when I pick mine up.

I'm thinking you'll be disappointed. For me at Least it sounds like when someones phone rings you by accident,you can hear people talking but it's muffled and at low volume.

DaLad wrote: »
    Didn't you say you didn't see the point in using a makeshift headset when you can use your kinect for talking through?

Or were you just saying use the basic headset that comes with it?

I've astro A40's. I'll use them for game sound like i usually do and talk through the kinect. The people's voices will play through my headset too.

I've astro A40's. I'll use them for game sound like i usually do and talk through the kinect. The people's voices will play through my headset too.

There's no dolby digital support on Xbox One yet tho :/ I'd be using my Turtle Beach XP500's if there was and will be when they add support.

That's why I'd be using my TV volume and the kinect is by the telly, so if I was to use that as my main microphone, it would pick up the TV volume too.

There's no dolby digital support on Xbox One yet tho :/ I'd be using my Turtle Beach XP500's if there was and will be when they add support.

That's why I'd be using my TV volume and the kinect is by the telly, so if I was to use that as my main microphone, it would pick up the TV volume too.

Not arsed about Dolby they're patching it in.

Headset is better than tv blaring for me anyway.

Not arsed about Dolby they're patching it in.

Headset is better than tv blaring for me anyway.

So the A40's work perfectly for you?

I haven't tried since but my Turtle Beaches don't work at all. Are you connect via optical cable?

• Advertisement

I haven't tried since but my Turtle Beaches don't work at all. Are you connect via optical cable?

I'll tell you tomorrow when i pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Wait what? It doesn't have dolby digital live yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have a pair of Astro A40s and they work perfect on the XBOX one but not on DD, just normal stereo which in all fairness is still ok. I am using the optical connection.

Most of the times I am connecting through my AVR though. MS will be patching it soon anyway hopefully before my A50s arrive next week.. although unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Should "xbox on" work when switched to uk?

It does .. Just had to set up my tv with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The lack of backward compatibility pisses me off, can't trade in my 360 against the xbox one until I finish 2-3 more games!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cotts72 wrote: »
    The lack of backward compatibility pisses me off, can't trade in my 360 against the xbox one until I finish 2-3 more games!

Ah come on... backward compatibility, seriously??? The consoles use completely different architecture. That was never going to be possible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

logik wrote: »
    Ah come on... backward compatibility, seriously??? The consoles use completely different architecture. That was never going to be possible.

That doesn't stop the guy being pissed off that he can't get an x1 until he's finished his x360 back-catalogue ;)

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have a pair of Astro A40s and they work perfect on the XBOX one but not on DD, just normal stereo which in all fairness is still ok. I am using the optical connection.

Most of the times I am connecting through my AVR though. MS will be patching it soon anyway hopefully before my A50s arrive next week.. although unlikely

So in system settings under audio you just switched optical audio to uncompressed stereo as opposed to the default DTS Digital Surround?

Never even thought of trying that, durr lol

I'll probably just wait 'till Dolby Digital support is supported in the upcoming next patch and then buy me a pair of these beautiful but yet reasonably priced Turtle Beach XO FOUR

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

That doesn't stop the guy being pissed off that he can't get an x1 until he's finished his x360 back-catalogue ;)

Haha technically yes and no but im just being a tightass and hoping to spend less with by trading-in ha! 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

nat type still strict using vodafone. ive opened all the ports on the list here
    http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
    after resetting my router,any tips ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did you set a preferred ip address for the xbox in the router settings? No point in forwarding ports if the IP address changes everytime you log on to the xbox, check and see if the IP address you set the ports to in the router is the same as the xbox one currently.

Edit: the setting on the router you want is Basic/lan/IP address reserve

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ughhhh vodafone router...ughhhh, I really need to replace my one!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got a call from xtravision. My xbox has just come in :) wasn't due until the 6th !!

Concerning streaming from PC I'm a bit annoyed I cant browse the media on my PC from XBO and control it from XBO. Instead its controlled via Windows Media Player which is a pain in the arse. Have I not found something or whats the craic?

Yeah I was only able to get it working that way also, and then I had to play the video / music with one of the crappy apps in windows 8.1 select devices from charms menu and then Play and select XBO, not to bad if its a movie but if you have say a bunch of tv episodes etc.

it actually works better if i have the stuff on my crappy little samsung galaxy ace phone and use it's app to play the stuff to the xbox. I can create a queue and everything, xbox is a bit funny when you skip songs using it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Smyths Blanchardstown and Jervis Street have the X1 in stock if someone is looking to get one. Didn't check outside Dublin.

I used to have ports forwarded AND DMZ set to it on 360 but when I got the ONE my NAT was still strict.

It turns out it was best to leave the DMZ off and just forward the ports.

Then I had to disable UPNP on my router, reset it, enable UPNP on my router, reset it. Wait 'till it loaded up and turned my Xbox on. Then it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How do you know if the one is downloading games in the background ? What settings should be enabled ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you know if the one is downloading games in the background ? What settings should be enabled ?

When it's turned on you go into 'My games and apps' and anything currently downloading will be there.

If you mean, download when the Xbox is turned off/standby mode then under power options in settings, you set the Xbox to 'Instant On' and this will download everything whilst in standby mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 banduff12

Anyone know when the second batch of consoles will be available in gamestop? Are there any consoles in shops in Cork that don't need pre-order atm?

• Advertisement

Sorry if this was asked already, really didn't think about this until someone asked me about it earlier, but I have over €40 on my account balance on the 360 ...... don't see anywhere this can been checked on one, can this be used to buy stuff on Xbox one????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement