Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

calex71 wrote: »
    Sorry if this was asked already, really didn't think about this until someone asked me about it earlier, but I have over €40 on my account balance on the 360 ...... don't see anywhere this can been checked on one, can this be used to buy stuff on Xbox one????

Yeah the cash can be used on both machines. It's essentially the same marketplace.

I just tried it there to confirm, I had a few euro on my 360. Went to buy CoD Ghosts on Xbox.com for ONE and it came up the price minus what was in my Xbox account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah the cash can be used on both machines. It's essentially the same marketplace.

I just tried it there to confirm, I had a few euro on my 360. Went to buy CoD Ghosts on Xbox.com for ONE and it came up the price minus what was in my Xbox account.

Hmmmm I did the same but it asked me to add a credit card , though i have my region set to UK for the voice controls

Hmmmm I did the same but it asked me to add a credit card , though i have my region set to UK for the voice controls

Back on 360 a month or so before the ONE came out, when I went to get the free games for gold game on the market, it made me add a card. It seems to be a required thing now.

If you want, you can also change region to US, so voice commands still work, but then you can add your credit/debit card, use a fake American address and buy games for much cheaper. A €65 game such as CoD on the Irish market only costs $60 on the US market which works out at €44.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, you need to change back to Ireland, the credit you put on your account cannot be used in another currency. I had credit on my account from my 360 which I used to buy games, so it definitely carries over.

It mentions in the locale faq section that your balance is not transferred.
    Note: It is important to keep in mind that if you have local currency stored in your account when you switch console locales, you will lose access to that currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

banduff12 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the second batch of consoles will be available in gamestop? Are there any consoles in shops in Cork that don't need pre-order atm?

Second batch of consoles were in gamestop earlier this week. Third batch coming next Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When it's turned on you go into 'My games and apps' and anything currently downloading will be there.

If you mean, download when the Xbox is turned off/standby mode then under power options in settings, you set the Xbox to 'Instant On' and this will download everything whilst in standby mode.

Hey thanks for that. Started downloading ghosts at 11 last night and just at 80% this morning. It's taking forever >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey thanks for that. Started downloading ghosts at 11 last night and just at 80% this morning. It's taking forever >:(

what speed is your connection?? i have a digital copy of ghosts and undetermined whether to keep it and remove from adverts.ie or not.

irishchris wrote: »
    what speed is your connection?? i have a digital copy of ghosts and undetermined whether to keep it and remove from adverts.ie or not.

It's usually around 6 meg. Been running around 4 to 5 for the last two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You're streaming from a different device? What app are you using?

On my phone it's called All Share, it's samsungs own app, I'm running gingerbread but i believe they have a new app for 4.0 android and up that works in the same way. Tried it with photo, music and video and it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Back on 360 a month or so before the ONE came out, when I went to get the free games for gold game on the market, it made me add a card. It seems to be a required thing now.

If you want, you can also change region to US, so voice commands still work, but then you can add your credit/debit card, use a fake American address and buy games for much cheaper. A €65 game such as CoD on the Irish market only costs $60 on the US market which works out at €44.

Will those games still work if you change your region back to Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

emmetkenny wrote: »

Can you play the Single Player campaign at 80%, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

If you've played previous forza editions log onto https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net

I just got 3m credits! I was tier 3 :)

Can you play the Single Player campaign at 80%, though?

Yes I played the first two missions of single player and then jumped on multiplayer for two games. Will give it a proper blast later just busy with work stuff at the minute.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

bush wrote: »
    Will those games still work if you change your region back to Ireland ?

The general rule with region change is that when you do it, forget your DLC and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

dricko_lim wrote: »
    If you've played previous forza editions log onto https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net

Cheers for that, I also just redeemed 3m credits. Driving since 2007 ;)

Arrgghh got my first crash back to the home screen in around a week.

Right at the end of a game in my career in NBA 2K. I was having a good game as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

never played it until this release and got
    the below :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfskxrcsheK7c-p436NxFgePrPBVUZRfYk-Q09zRgxp0nFI6Hqag

Holy ****, I had redeemed like 30k off that 2 weeks ago.

Just checked now and also had 3 million to redeem! :eek: :D :cool:

Just bought the F1 Lotus whilst it's still half price, for a cool 3 million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

screen won't stop loading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Holy ****, I had redeemed like 30k off that 2 weeks ago.

Just checked now and also had 3 million to redeem! :eek: :D :cool:

Just got that too, nice one lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Blazer wrote: »
    never played it until this release and got
    the below :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfskxrcsheK7c-p436NxFgePrPBVUZRfYk-Q09zRgxp0nFI6Hqag

Weird... I never played until thi s release as well but got 3 million! In fact, I only started playing 1 week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think the 3million and the half price cars this weekend are gifts from the devs while they ready a patch to fix problems with the economy in the game, following complaints from fans. Convinced I read that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The price of cars hasn't bothered me yet. My biggest issue with the game is doing the same handful of tracks over and over again.

I think the 3million and the half price cars this weekend are gifts from the devs while they ready a patch to fix problems with the economy in the game, following complaints from fans. Convinced I read that somewhere.

You did, you aren't imagining things :P
    maximoose wrote: »
    The price of cars hasn't bothered me yet. My biggest issue with the game is doing the same handful of tracks over and over again.

Bring on the Nordschleife :D:D
    (January hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I got the Lotus free last week and 3,000,000 credits today. Great success.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I got the Lotus free last week and 3,000,000 credits today. Great success.

Having VIP membership isn't exactly free :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anywhere dacent doing digital download codes yet for the ireland region?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Nolars wrote: »
    Anywhere dacent doing digital download codes yet for the ireland region?

Game digital downloads?
    the only one I've found was https://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Forza-Motorsport-5 and I bought yesterday had the codes in 2 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Try eBay, FIFA sold last night for £20 with the codes being emailed, I watched a few auctions and the price was averaging that, ryse and forza was also there but a bit more expensive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement