Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tippex wrote: »
    Game digital downloads?
    the only one I've found was https://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Forza-Motorsport-5 and I bought yesterday had the codes in 2 mins.
    Try eBay, FIFA sold last night for £20 with the codes being emailed, I watched a few auctions and the price was averaging that, ryse and forza was also there but a bit more expensive

These are the only 2 games tho because they came as digital codes with the day one editions.

Anywhere doing decent price digital download from any other or all Xbox One games?

I doubt it, not yet anyway. I hope to see something in place like Amazon sell PS3 digital redemption codes. They better do something like that for ONE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

zoo tycoon is on ebay and ghost and ryse

zoo tycoon is on ebay and ghost and ryse

Digital codes for download?

Have you got links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

So what are people's thoughts who've had the console since release, what are the pros and cons so far for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

DaLad wrote: »
    Digital codes for download?

Have you got links?

Just search xbox one game codes on www.ebay.co.uk

• Advertisement

Just search xbox one game codes on www.ebay.co.uk

Just did. All I found was 1 Ryse code from a seller with 1 feedback. (Wouldn't buy that) and 1 auction for 1 Zoo Tycoon digital code.

I wish there were more places like gamepointsnow.com selling codes for full games for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just did. All I found was 1 Ryse code from a seller with 1 feedback. (Wouldn't buy that) and 1 auction for 1 Zoo Tycoon digital code.

I wish there were more places like gamepointsnow.com selling codes for full games for a decent price.

Early days of the console generation. Hopefully more will crop up within the next year. Would love to go all digital this time around.

miralize wrote: »
    Early days of the console generation. Hopefully more will crop up within the next year. Would love to go all digital this time around.

I guess I would too in a way, but only if it was significantly cheaper than the hard copy. If it was the same price of just a little cheaper, I'd prefer to go to the shop and then have the case to add to the collection and also have the ability to trade in games I'd only play the campaign of and then not touch again.

I guess I would too in a way, but only if it was significantly cheaper than the hard copy. If it was the same price of just a little cheaper, I'd prefer to go to the shop and then have the case to add to the collection and also have the ability to trade in games I'd only play the campaign of and then not touch again.

Yeah I'd be the same, but for games that you play the most, ones you dont think you'll sell, or games that lose value after a year anyway (Fifa, COD), no disc swapping would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sorry Lads if wrong thread but just looking for a quick answer on Xbox Gold Membership.

See link below, if I buy this for my nephew can he add it to his current 360 account early before his current membership expires and then transfer it over to his Xbox One he will be opening on Christmas Day?

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20360/Games/6629/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-sent-via-email?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3Dxbox%2Blive

Thanks for any replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sorry Lads if wrong thread but just looking for a quick answer on Xbox Gold Membership.

See link below, if I buy this for my nephew can he add it to his current 360 account early before his current membership expires and then transfer it over to his Xbox One he will be opening on Christmas Day?

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20360/Games/6629/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-sent-via-email?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3Dxbox%2Blive

Thanks for any replies.
    Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah I'd be the same, but for games that you play the most, ones you dont think you'll sell, or games that lose value after a year anyway (Fifa, COD), no disc swapping would be perfect!

More than that, having it in your digital collection means that if you go around to your friends house, you can log in and download it while you're there.

Of course, the utility of this is dependent on how fast your friends internet connection is. No point in this feature if it takes a day to download.

With play-as-you-download, this will get better with time though, and can be seen with some games all ready, some being partly playable at 30% downloaded, while others have to be mostly downloaded first.

I cant wait to get Forza 5. Simply for this

A95YCsf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So, did anyone try the ol' region switch and purchase game in dollars trick?

Debating getting Lego Marvel Heroes tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

maximoose wrote: »
    So, did anyone try the ol' region switch and purchase game in dollars trick?

Debating getting Lego Marvel Heroes tonight

Not yet, Why don't you be the Guinea Pig for us ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Turtle Beach X12'S soldered and working great with The XBOX One

lbby.jpg

jabh.jpg

tony1980 wrote: »
    Turtle Beach X12'S soldered and working great with The XBOX One

Tidy job, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Is it still sold out everywhere? I have a birthday coming up on Friday and I'm tempted to treat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

most smyths have some and Microsoft's website has a cod pack

Just realised the Kinect uses a standard tripod screw for the mount so I used my camera tripod for now :D
    k1aPtbil.jpg

O53165sl.jpg

xR1ty7Nl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Do you play previous gen stuff though? Like are you likely to play 360 games in a couple of years time? I'm thinking I will.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-04-microsoft-xbox-360-will-last-three-more-years

Extrapolating from that (with a mix of reality) some time after the One, the servers for that will be shut down. If all you have are downloaded copies of games, and the means to access those games is gone... Well, all your games are gone. If you have physical copies, and your hard drive fecks up or the console, then you can get a new one of whichever and be fine. I'm not too keen on my gaming collection having such limited safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Just realised the Kinect uses a standard tripod screw for the mount so I used my camera tripod for now :D

O53165sl.jpg

how much do you charge for ur nightly shows

Nolars wrote: »
    how much do you charge for ur nightly shows

I'll ask the 2 snow-people and let you know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Johnny 5 is alive!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Do you play previous gen stuff though? Like are you likely to play 360 games in a couple of years time? I'm thinking I will.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-04-microsoft-xbox-360-will-last-three-more-years

Extrapolating from that (with a mix of reality) some time after the One, the servers for that will be shut down. If all you have are downloaded copies of games, and the means to access those games is gone... Well, all your games are gone. If you have physical copies, and your hard drive fecks up or the console, then you can get a new one of whichever and be fine. I'm not too keen on my gaming collection having such limited safety.

No, this implies that Xbox 360 consoles and games will be manufactured for the next three years, it does not imply that at that point, all 360 services will be shut down.

One of the many good features of cloud services is scalability in both directions. As more people use Xbox One online services, more servers will be dedicated to the task. As less people use 360 online services, the less servers will be dedicated to the task.

While the original Xbox was an aberration, Microsoft have always been extremely good about supporting their successful products, case in point being Windows XP, which launched in 2001, and will continue to be supported until next year.

Xould someone do me a favour? Could they measure the Xbox One length from the back to front, including how much the cables stick out? Need to create a place for my One to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, this implies that Xbox 360 consoles and games will be manufactured for the next three years, it does not imply that at that point, all 360 services will be shut down.
    I don't figure the odds are good that we'll be able to download 360 games for the next, say 5 years. They're going to want to put them resources to the One. And I don't expect the One to be supported in to perpetuity. At some point, access to these games will be cut off.

You think they will not do something like this?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/02/05/news-microsoft-shutting-down-original-xbox-live-servers.aspx
    One of the many good features of cloud services is scalability in both directions. As more people use Xbox One online services, more servers will be dedicated to the task. As less people use 360 online services, the less servers will be dedicated to the task.
    To a point where so few people are using the servers, they'll all be used for the One.
    While the original Xbox was an aberration, Microsoft have always been extremely good about supporting their successful products, case in point being Windows XP, which launched in 2001, and will continue to be supported until next year.
    I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment with regard to Live on the 360, to be honest. Games shut down servers to cater for the new game in the franchise. I expect the One to give more leeway, but expect to see the same in terms of dropped 360 support. And later, dropped One support, so buying full downloaded games... Doesn't appeal to me so much. Oh, I don't expect this issue to remain solely an MS issue, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

Xould someone do me a favour? Could they measure the Xbox One length from the back to front, including how much the cables stick out? Need to create a place for my One to live.
    14.5 inches including cables from front to back allows it to sit comfortable against or near a wall. I just measured it for ya with my own limited space set up.

Hope that helps. ;)

14.5 inches including cables from front to back allows it to sit comfortable against or near a wall. I just measured it for ya with my own limited space set up.

Hope that helps. ;)

14.5" :O. Its only 10.8" without cables. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

14.5" :O. Its only 10.8" without cables. Thanks!
    I allow the few extra inches so the sockets don't get strained by the very thick cables. 14.5 is the closest to the wall I can get before I see a slight lift on the cable plugs within the sockets, if ya know what I mean? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement