Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Uhh I think my Xbox One is in New Jersey, and it came from Rheinstadt in Germany. Whut?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is there any way of checking your download history? I can't find battlefield 4's China rising or the forza 5 day one cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is there any way of checking your download history? I can't find battlefield 4's China rising or the forza 5 day one cars.

Go to Games & Apps and press the 'Start' button and show all dlc or something. There should also be a little plus symbol on the game to show you have DLC for that game.

Did you enter the second code for Forza apart from the qr code?

DaLad wrote: »
    Go to Games & Apps and press the 'Start' button and show all dlc or something. There should also be a little plus symbol on the game to show you have DLC for that game.

Did you enter the second code for Forza apart from the qr code?

Cheers for that. Yup, all codes entered They're both showing up, but it said that the forza cars had not been installed so I did that. A quick Google has told me that it's a common issue that the day one cars don't show up.

China rising is only open to premium members for the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Anyone know what size China Rising is?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what size China Rising is?

3.59GB

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

My X1 doesn't recognize my voice when I'm drunk! I think I should stop getting drunk! lmao :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

My X1 doesn't recognize my voice when I'm drunk! I think I should stop getting drunk! lmao :P

Thats why we have to wait until they release the Kinect voices for Ireland so it will understand us when were drunk :pac:

MS has it sussed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mine works better when I've had a few, sober it has a hard time know if i have said xbox off or xbox pause :confused:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Thats why we have to wait until they release the Kinect voices for Ireland so it will understand us when were drunk :pac:

MS has it sussed
    So That's why we're waiting for Voice support here!!! Ah it all makes sense now! MS Know about us oh too well and want to give us a good drunken XI experience! Well, Fair Play To 'Em! *burp*. :P

"XshBoxsh On"... *hic* :D

Anyways... On a side note... For those of you who have Ryse : Son of Rome, There's this cool series of interactive Comics you can go through to find and earn yourselves some ingame Ryse Gold. There's 3 comics and 50 ingame gold to be earned in each. You simply have to look through each page and find the glowing gold sacks, click on them and enter your Xbox gamertag. Be mindful though when entering your gamertag and don't make the same mistakes I made. Make sure to enter your gamertag EXACTLY how it appears on-screen including Upper and Lower case characters or else you wont get your gold first time around. You'll have to do it all again!

Anyway... Here's the link to the comics on Xbox.com...

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/games/ryse/comic

And if you're a bit lazy (like me)... You can find them all quickly by using the following forum posts as a guide. You'll have to scroll down a bit to find the guide to the 3rd and final book...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=515915

I hope all you Marius's out there find this helpful... For Rome! Enjoy! :)

• Advertisement

Anyway... Here's the link to the comics on Xbox.com...

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/games/ryse/comic

And if you're a bit lazy (like me)... You can find them all quickly by using the following forum posts as a guide. You'll have to scroll down a bit to find the guide to the 3rd and final book...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=515915

I hope all you Marius's out there find this helpful... For Rome! Enjoy! :)

I'll assume I can do it now and it will add the gold to my account when I get Ryse?

DaLad wrote: »
    I'll assume I can do it now and it will add the gold to my account when I get Ryse?
    I'm not too sure about that? You might have to already own it? I really don't know. Sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

I dont know whether someone confirmed this earlier on in the thread but if you are looking for cheap-ish XBOX One games

It was mentioned previously by someone but I don't know if anyone went any further about it. I have..!

Go to your Settings on your XBOX One and change your Region to USA. Restart the system and go to the online store. Purchase a game for $59.99 + TAX using a made up fake american address. Let it download and switch back to your Irish region and restart. You buy games for less than €50

I've bought PowerStar Golf, Forza and Ryse this way.

Happy Gaming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

trudub83 wrote: »
    I dont know whether someone confirmed this earlier on in the thread but if you are looking for cheap-ish XBOX One games

It was mentioned previously by someone but I don't know if anyone went any further about it. I have..!

Go to your Settings on your XBOX One and change your Region to USA. Restart the system and go to the online store. Purchase a game for $59.99 + TAX using a made up fake american address. Let it download and switch back to your Irish region and restart. You buy games for less than €50

I've bought PowerStar Golf, Forza and Ryse this way.

Happy Gaming!!

No guarantee that loop wont be closed and you will lose access to your games unless you are in the us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

No guarantee that loop wont be closed and you will lose access to your games unless you are in the us.

Someone also previously mentioned that there could be a future issue with dlc also

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Someone also previously mentioned that there could be a future issue with dlc also

Yes, its possible (maybe even likely) that they will enable geofencing and you just will not have access to these apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yes, its possible (maybe even likely) that they will enable geofencing and you just will not have access to these apps.

didn't they specifically say that you will be able to play games bought whereever, on your xbox. Was to do with not launching in a lot of countries - you could still import and buy as you wanted (this previously not being the case).

Remember this being a topic of conversation with respect to the american armed forces stationed abroad, who were fearful their games would be locked due to region settings.

There may be issues with DLC, and I would expect MS to close this purchasing loop hole soon enough, but I can't imagine they could or will stop you from playing games you already own.

didn't they specifically say that you will be able to play games bought whereever, on your xbox. Was to do with not launching in a lot of countries - you could still import and buy as you wanted (this previously not being the case).

Remember this being a topic of conversation with respect to the american armed forces stationed abroad, who were fearful their games would be locked due to region settings.

There may be issues with DLC, and I would expect MS to close this purchasing loop hole soon enough, but I can't imagine they could or will stop you from playing games you already own.

That is not how i read it, it is a licensing issue and people using a fake address will have no comeback - i.e they were not legally entitled to the license for that game.
    Note Available content and apps may vary by country or region. Some content and apps may not be available or accessible in some countries or regions. If your console is set to a different local than you live in, you may be able to download and install an app from a different market. That app may be geo-fenced and therefore unable to play back content outside of the supported country or region.

edit: in addition it is also possible your live account will be blacklisted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

region hoping can set off alarms at MS if your going to and from the US for example. their are no issue with moving or millitary because the consoles region/ip can be tracked and they dont normally change region more than once

all pc services ban for VPN activations if caught abusing the system MS will be the same but they ban in waves

NTMK wrote: »
    region hoping can set off alarms at MS if your going to and from the US for example. their are no issue with moving or millitary because the consoles region/ip can be tracked and they dont normally change region more than once

all pc services ban for VPN activations if caught abusing the system MS will be the same but they ban in waves

The US military usually use US military IPs anyway, i cant see why they'd be an issue in the first place.

• Advertisement

The US military usually use US military IPs anyway, i cant see why they'd be an issue in the first place.

I reckon 90% of Irish people with xbox ones have their region set to UK in order to get the voice commands working, australia and New zealand have a similar issue. I'd imagine any games / dlc you buy should transfer over though. what happens if you emigrate and take your console? i know its an extreme example, but still.

As a matter of interest, how does sales tax factor into online purchases - i.e. do we pay the irish rate of V.A.T. on games and DLC? the reason i ask is because states in the US set their own sales tax - every where is different, so does the marketplace in texas have different prices to the marketplace in New York?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I'd say the biggest risk is them banning you from Live. You're clearly circumventing their policies and if too many people do it they might start banning.

s.welstead wrote: »
    I'd say the biggest risk is them banning you from Live. You're clearly circumventing their policies and if too many people do it they might start banning.

Now I wont pretend that I read the ELUA or xbox live terms in its entirety, but was there something to that effect in there?

Also, you see fellas on here regularly about getting games from the hungarian marketplace etc during the sales so I'd imagine that region switching is fairly prevalent.

I reckon 90% of Irish people with xbox ones have their region set to UK in order to get the voice commands working, australia and New zealand have a similar issue. I'd imagine any games / dlc you buy should transfer over though. what happens if you emigrate and take your console? i know its an extreme example, but still.

As a matter of interest, how does sales tax factor into online purchases - i.e. do we pay the irish rate of V.A.T. on games and DLC? the reason i ask is because states in the US set their own sales tax - every where is different, so does the marketplace in texas have different prices to the marketplace in New York?

If there is no license for the country you emigrate to you will not be able to play that app. That's not the case here though, its a deliberate attempt to circumvent locale prices using false information. It would be unwise to assume that it is impossible for anything bad to happen as a result.

In the states they charge a base price for the game and then the sales tax is calced based on billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also, you see fellas on here regularly about getting games from the hungarian marketplace etc during the sales so I'd imagine that region switching is fairly prevalent.

And a ****load of them were banned recently!

See this thread were quite a few boardsies were banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Blizzard have lock me out of my account on 4 occasions since i moved to the UK due to UK ip.

Steam was a pain to buy anything off until i changed my region to UK

Sony/MS dont care for switching between UK/Ire because the pricing is around the same and the UK is still in the EU region so they dont care you also got NI issues too

Probably applied in cart and there isnt a lot MS/Sony can do to prevent it because OOS sales are alowed in the US but they probalby would clamp down if the EU was cheaper

Its best to think of the EU as the same to the US in regards or region restricctions inside each is fine from MS' pov outside isnt

Just did a bit of quick googling and Major Nelsons page led me to this
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region,

however, this makes it seem like you can only change regions once every 3 months, but I've been back and forth a few times on my xbox one. (granted that article is dated January)

Just did a bit of quick googling and Major Nelsons page led me to this
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region,

however, this makes it seem like you can only change regions once every 3 months, but I've been back and forth a few times on my xbox one. (granted that article is dated January)

Your LIVE region and your console region are not the same thing.

True, and this is why on 360 by changing your locale it didn't change the market to show different countries apps or prices. You would have actually had to change your LIVE location or create a new one under a new locatuon. It stayed on Irish apps and Irish prices. So it's weird and slightly confusing how when you change your location on the ONE that it does the opposite.

Before for example I had a UK and a USA account set up to specifically get some of their apps like 4oD that worked perfectly even when switched back to my Irish GT. I like the new system, I want to take advantage of the cheaper games but I wonder will they make it more like the 360 after a patch or something.

• Advertisement

I'm giving myself a headache. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement