Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DaLad wrote: »
    Before for example I had a UK and a USA account set up to specifically get some of their apps like 4oD that worked perfectly even when switched back to my Irish GT. I like the new system, I want to take advantage of the cheaper games but I wonder will they make it more like the 360 after a patch or something.

Personally the few quid saved by switching regions to the US isn't worth the chance that the console ID will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Killer Instinct.....help. I'm getting pummelled online. No idea how to string combos together at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna risk it yet. Been very close to doing it a couple of times but I really don't need any more games just yet anyway and my bank balance hates me enough already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Killer Instinct.....help. I'm getting pummelled online. No idea how to string combos together at all.

have you done the tutorial / dojo mode? its epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone know any store that is giving good price for an xbox one?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Think it's time I bowed out of following this thread.

See you all when find a spare 500 euro. It's been a pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

shuffles03 wrote: »

you actually bought that?.....hahaha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jenjenten wrote: »

Its freemium, so he may not have.

First character is free, don't know why you find it so funny, it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Its freemium, so he may not have.

thank the gods!....a 1 out of 10.......:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Person likes well-rated game. Wow. Much mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are you just trolling or trying to assist the OP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Really? You have a link to a review from a legitimate website that gave it one out of ten?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

CatInABox wrote: »
    Really? You have a link to a review from a legitimate website that gave it one out of ten?

I think he meant characters for free, 1 out of 10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think he meant characters for free, 1 out of 10.

Well, then that's just bad grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Any word one anywhere having stock in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Any word one anywhere having stock in?

Where are you based?

Where are you based?

Stillorgan, South Dublin

Stillorgan, South Dublin

The Smyths online stock checker doesn't accurately represent current stock levels. It would be worth your while ringing your local store and asking, and if no luck maybe see if they can check other stores whilst they're at it.

If not, and you feel like driving/commuting, Argos have 1 in stock in Castlebar, Mayo and in Limerick lol

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=122%2F6027

Apart from that, Advert.is which you probably know, and the French Amazon have some dispatching December 13th, just in time for Christmas!

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/279-9493727-3928508?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbox%20one&sprefix=xbox+o%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Axbox%20one

Stillorgan, South Dublin

We have the exact same amount of posts lol :P

And we both joined in April lol

• Advertisement

Good lord! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Apart from that pathetic demo which is on a loop in Smyths, is there anywhere to actually see an Xbox One in the flesh? Hardly going to sell many of these when the initial buzz dies down if no one can see them!

But that demo in Smyths with the 30" TV is dreadful and will probably help sell a lot of ps4's!

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Apart from that pathetic demo which is on a loop in Smyths, is there anywhere to actually see an Xbox One in the flesh? Hardly going to sell many of these when the initial buzz dies down if no one can see them!

But that demo in Smyths with the 30" TV is dreadful and will probably help sell a lot of ps4's!

Apart from the ONE tour last month. I don't think so, apart from someone you might know.

The PS4 Gamestop have in their stores only runs some crappy indie game too tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 c0nd1t10nr3d

The PS4 Gamestop have in their stores only runs some crappy indie game too tho.
    The Gamestop in Wexford Town here has Fifa 14 running on theirs.

They really should (Gamestop country wide as a whole that is) get in some demo Xbox One's to show off too. I know quite a few people who are still on the fence about which console to get for or after Christmas and them being able to try out the competition might swing their decision.

The Gamestop in Wexford Town here has Fifa 14 running on theirs.

They really should (Gamestop country wide as a whole that is) get in some demo Xbox One's to show off too. I know quite a few people who are still on the fence about which console to get for or after Christmas and them being able to try out the competition might swing their decision.

They must have changed it so. Still, FIFA isn't the best game to show off either console. I know it's popular and all but PS4 should run it's best looking game, be it Killzone or whatever and Xbox should run Ryse or Forza to really showcase each console. Up to Smyths & Gamestop stores I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

They must have changed it so. Still, FIFA isn't the best game to show off either console. I know it's popular and all but PS4 should run it's best looking game, be it Killzone or whatever and Xbox should run Ryse or Forza to really showcase each console. Up to Smyths & Gamestop stores I guess.

They couldn't use either of those games as they are both over 18's and it's generally kids that are in the store playing these. That's why FIFA is being used as everyone can play it.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    They couldn't use either of those games as they are both over 18's and it's generally kids that are in the store playing these. That's why FIFA is being used as everyone can play it.

I guess that's logical but Forza COULD be used on Xbox and Need for Speed on PS4 which are both ESRB labelled EVERYONE. I was just using examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Does anyone know if you can get an xbox one in tesco? I have an €120 voucher coming to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Haven't bought it -playing the free version. Fighting games have never appealed to me however, the more I play (and get massacred), the more I appreciate the complex fighting system.

It's really not a pick up and play game tbh (unless you've mastered the controls). I can see that it will be really rewarding once I get the hang of it...........ONCE. Definitely not a 1 out of 10 at all. I'm starting to really like it.

• Advertisement

Tilikum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get an xbox one in tesco? I have an €120 voucher coming to me.

they were available in a few Tesco Extra stores on launch night, I dont know what kind of availability they have now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement