Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

do xbox games with disc play straight away on the xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

miralize wrote: »
    And when I do need to install a game I could just put it down for 30 mins or so while it installs, then put it back upright when the disc isnt in it? Perfect thanks!

Sounds like it should be okay alright! It's pretty much just parts you could find in a PC and they'd all be alright turned anyway as long as they had adequate ventilation. You wouldn't ever see a bluray drive turned sideways on a PC tho, so yeah should be grand for everything apart from the drive which like you suggested, has a temporary workaround!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MD1990 wrote: »
    do xbox games with disc play straight away on the xbox one?

Nope, they need to install first. FIFA can be played when 25% installed. Most other games have to be 50% installed before being able to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

What are the chances of a price decrease after Christmas?
    Will be picking one up but not until March or April, current price is too steep though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Will be picking one up but not until March or April, current price is too steep though.

Can't see it dropping anytime soon, it will still be popular as the next wave of games will be out in march, watch dogs and Titan fall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

lmfao.gif

Ah, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

After Christmas 2014 maybe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And when I do need to install a game I could just put it down for 30 mins or so while it installs, then put it back upright when the disc isnt in it? Perfect thanks!

Just so you know, if you buy a physical copy of the game, then it will need to be in the disk drive, even though it's installed. I'm not sure how often it would spin up the disk to check if it's still there, but I'd be wary of having a disk in it vertically.

If your are talking about buying it digitally, and then installing it using a friends disk, then that will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

When I got my xbone I forgot my password for my Gt on 360,so I used the trial.
    Now I just want to know... How the hell
    do I add my account to the xbone?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

deco nate wrote: »
    When I got my xbone I forgot my password for my Gt on 360,so I used the trial.
    Now I just want to know... How the hell
    do I add my account to the xbone?
    Thanks

Go into settings, profile, remove me from this Xbox, then add your old profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just so you know, if you buy a physical copy of the game, then it will need to be in the disk drive, even though it's installed. I'm not sure how often it would spin up the disk to check if it's still there, but I'd be wary of having a disk in it vertically.

If your are talking about buying it digitally, and then installing it using a friends disk, then that will work.
    Just before you go and balance it vertically, Microsoft have a word to say about it: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/system/position-console.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Quick question, does anyone think the Xbox One would be ok vertically if I was going disc-less? The bluray drive is the only issue isnt it? As long as I dont block air vents it should be ok?

No, do not do this if you are leaving it flat on a surface- you'll be blocking airflow. You'll need to clear it off the surface if you want to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

After Christmas 2014 maybe

I'm going to stalk every online store in Europe until may when I get my new Xbox one for 400 just to prove ye wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Anyone else have an issue with the xbox recognising the command "Record That" or is it just my Limerick accent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had that once or twice, I've said "Xbox, Record that" and it thinks I'm saying achievements!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

tony1980 wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue with the xbox recognising the command "Record That" or is it just my Limerick accent :D

try saying 'record that cuz' in Limerick accent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Try with all your might to do it in the most British accent you know

For example : "Ex boox Re-coooood thaaat"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Another fast way to do it is to say “Xbox, go to game DVR", then press record.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    Had that once or twice, I've said "Xbox, Record that" and it thinks I'm saying achievements!

Even the automated recording is failing me to be honest, the first time I played FIFA, I conceded a penalty, and not even knowing what buttons to press, my keeper stood stock still as the ball was firmly buried into the top corner.

Just to rub it in, with supreme sarcasm, up pops "Penalty Saved - Recorded".

Unimpressed to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Any news about when the next firmware update is going to be released? Few things are in need of imminent fixing imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

When it does record, it only records 2 seconds, wtf? .some epic bf4 moments lost to the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

30 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I was playing Fifa last night with two Scottish lads. Oh how I laughed at them saying in their accents, "xbox unsnap.....XBOX UNSNAP.....XBOX YE CNUT!!!"

When it does record, it only records 2 seconds, wtf? .some epic bf4 moments lost to the world!!
    I have noticed this happening the odd time with BF4, a clip will sometimes only record 1-2 seconds, or sometimes not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

maximoose wrote: »
    30 seconds
    You should also be able to change it to grab the last 5 minutes (or manually record the next five minutes)
    http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/apps/upload-game-dvr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I have noticed this happening the odd time with BF4, a clip will sometimes only record 1-2 seconds, or sometimes not at all.
    When I try to watch any of the clips of BF that I record it says there is an error or it was deleted, they don't even show up in my clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Its a great feature, so hopefully they will sort it soon. When I am in a party, I hate saying Xbox, Record That especially when Failsafe is around as he knows the issue I am having with it, sometimes when it doesn't work (Actually that is most of the time), I don't bother repeating myself and just pretend it has worked to prevent the mocking I will receive from Failsafe from yet another failed attempt at the record that function with my culchie accent...lol

Id say there must be some rage youtube videos out there already of people trying to use the kinect voice integration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Its a great feature, so hopefully they will sort it soon. When I am in a party, I hate saying Xbox, Record That especially when Failsafe is around as he knows the issue I am having with it, sometimes when it doesn't work (Actually that is most of the time), I don't bother repeating myself and just pretend it has worked to prevent the mocking I will receive from Failsafe from yet another failed attempt at the record that function with my culchie accent...lol

Id say there must be some rage youtube videos out there already of people trying to use the kinect voice integration :D

Why do ye think its not enabled by default for Ireland?

Xbox, recorrddddddd thatttt. Cracks me up every time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You do know the head set has a mute button right ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement