Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can you record and unsnap etc without voice commands?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Quick question: I thought that with Smart Match that you would be able to set the game off looking for a game to play and you could pootle off with yourself and do something else and when the match had been established. (e.g. watch Netflix, browse IE, etc.)

In FIFA, if I want to start a Seasons online head-to-head with a randomer, I still need to sit in FIFA, watching the screen and hope that it 1) finds someone and then 2) connects to them. Am I doing something wrong and is there another way to set up matchmaking?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Quick question: I thought that with Smart Match that you would be able to set the game off looking for a game to play and you could pootle off with yourself and do something else and when the match had been established. (e.g. watch Netflix, browse IE, etc.)

In FIFA, if I want to start a Seasons online head-to-head with a randomer, I still need to sit in FIFA, watching the screen and hope that it 1) finds someone and then 2) connects to them. Am I doing something wrong and is there another way to set up matchmaking?

Thanks.

Smart match is one of the things on the very very long 'to do' list at Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Smart match is one of the things on the very very long 'to do' list at Microsoft.
    Ah. Fair enough. At least I feel less thick about not finding this option in the menus (although I've been getting a lot of that in FIFA lately :))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This could either be my greatest idea, or my costliest mistake

InP40WGl.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Looks the business. Hope having it on its side doesn't cause any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's a shame to have them locked away tho :/

Glass door be much better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

miralize wrote: »

InP40WGl.jpg?1

I'd be wary of doing that:

Microsoft says that the Xbox One isn't meant to stand up

redt0m wrote: »

Yep, thats mainly due to the limits of the disc drive that the have. Its ventilated well & i have no disc-based games to play.

redt0m wrote: »

"According to Albert Panello, senior director of Xbox product management, the Xbox One won't support a vertical orientation due to its slot-loading disc drive."

The OP is aware of this already and isn't using discs so should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Yep, thats mainly due to the limits of the disc drive that the have. Its ventilated well & i have no disc-based games to play.

Sorry, hadn't read earlier post. Hope it works out.

I think Smyths must have heard me because they now have a PS4 and an Xbox ONE in their stores and the PS4 is running FIFA whilst the Xbox ONE is running Forza 5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

InP40WGl.jpg?1

Just be sure to use the "Xbox One Problems" thread, & not create a new one when the time comes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

DaLad wrote: »
    I think Smyths must have heard me because they now have a PS4 and an Xbox ONE in their stores and the PS4 is running FIFA whilst the Xbox ONE is running Forza 5 :D
    All PS4 Demo units are running Fifa, which is an odd game to show off the console with, it's not exactly the most technically impressive game in the worldd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

You know, as much as I really wanted to love and want the Xbox One, from all the reading, it seems to be disappointing. Inferior graphics to PS4, unfinished operating system, extremely slow loading and install times, no bd-r or dvd-9 support. I guess they can and probably (even will) fix all of those except the first. Also, the fact that you can't see any of them anywhere means I can't see myself buying one. Maybe I'm getting a bit old for that kind of thing anyway.

I'm sure Microsoft's share price has dropped dramatically since I posted this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

3rdDegree wrote: »
    You know, as much as I really wanted to love and want the Xbox One, from all the reading, it seems to be disappointing. Inferior graphics to PS4, unfinished operating system, extremely slow loading and install times, no bd-r or dvd-9 support. I guess they can and probably (even will) fix all of those except the first. Also, the fact that you can't see any of them anywhere means I can't see myself buying one. Maybe I'm getting a bit old for that kind of thing anyway.

I'm sure Microsoft's share price has dropped dramatically since I posted this ;)

The main reason they're both kind of disappointing is different from the usual console launch problem of having an underwhelming selection of games. The amount of features that both consoles stripped out for launch was crazy. It was the equivalent of buying a top of the range car,but you get the abs, alloy wheels, fancy paintjob, leather seats etc some time in the future. This has left a sour taste in the mouths of many who preordered so far in advance. Still though, they're only out the guts of two weeks yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

The main reason they're both kind of disappointing is different from the usual console launch problem of having an underwhelming selection of games. The amount of features that both consoles stripped out for launch was crazy. It was the equivalent of buying a top of the range car,but you get the abs, alloy wheels, fancy paintjob, leather seats etc some time in the future. This has left a sour taste in the mouths of many who preordered so far in advance. Still though, they're only out the guts of two weeks yet!

I'm delighted with my console, it's not an xbox and I'm not noticing the stripped out features at all. It's such an improvement over last gen for me.
    The xbox was largely geared in features towards the US, it'll get there here too in time.

GTF out of here. It doesn't have inferior graphics. Oh yeah, sure, some games such as CoD don't natively play in 1080p but if you watch some video comparisons showing the PS4 & Xbox side by side, the Xbox still manages to look better or at least just as good/identical. Apart from that, I've tried CoD on the new gen and it still looks as **** as ever! One thing I can tell you tho, is BF4 looks as good to me on the ONE as BF3 did on my gaming pc on high to ultra settings.

Forza looks absolutely gorgeous too! As you can see from the video below.

RYSE is absolutely UNREALLLLL gorgeous looking!
    So maybe try the games/console out properly for yourself before reading the fanboy articles on the internet.

This is effectively a 0-day console right now. Graphics & especially game resolution will become more consistent between consoles as the generation progresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Enough with the PS4 comparisons please, as per the thread title.

• Advertisement

This is effectively a 0-day console right now. Graphics & especially game resolution will become more consistent between consoles as the generation progresses.

Lol look at Call of Duty 2 compared to Battlefield 3 and GTA V now. Insane difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

InP40WGl.jpg?1

hmmm, I may be wrong but I think you have it sitting on the wrong side(if standing upright), right now the USB input is against the bottom of the press. Which isn't a problem unless you need to use it.

GTF out of here. It doesn't have inferior graphics. Oh yeah, sure, some games such as CoD don't natively play in 1080p but if you watch some video comparisons showing the PS4 & Xbox side by side, the Xbox still manages to look better or at least just as good/identical. Apart from that, I've tried CoD on the new gen and it still looks as **** as ever! One thing I can tell you tho, is BF4 looks as good to me on the ONE as BF3 did on my gaming pc on high to ultra settings.

So maybe try the games/console out properly for yourself before reading the fanboy articles on the internet.

You mean articles like your fanboy post? :)

No matter what way you try to square that circle, graphics are inferior. I'm sorry to have to say it as I'm a bit of an Xbox fanboy myself, but that is a fact. But we're not supposed to dicuss that other console here, so we'd better leave that discussion for another thread!

No matter what way you try to square that circle, graphics are inferior. I'm sorry to have to say it as I'm a bit of an Xbox fanboy myself, but that is a fact. But we're not supposed to dicuss that other console here, so we'd better leave that discussion for another thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Titanfall.

No, my REALIST post.

I'm not a fanboy. I respect each console for what they can offer. I love technology, period.

But, what do you expect coming into an Xbox One discussion thread and referring to it as inferior?

Stick to the IGN discussion thread if you want to knock either console.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Its like I always say the difference is minimal in my eyes.

If your playing a game and thinking "i woulda killed that guy if only it was in 1080" or indeed claim you can notice the difference in graphics when a tank is blowing the **** outta you then your talking through your hoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The xbox one pad is horrible. The analogue sticks are way too loose. I dont know what they were thinking, its one thing I thought they would get right.

bush wrote: »
    The xbox one pad is horrible. The analogue sticks are way too loose. I dont know what they were thinking, its one thing I thought they would get right.

It feels looser, but it's much more precise.

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »

I absolutely LOVE the new controller. Feels and looks so well built. It's very comfortable. The analogue sticks fee weird at first but get used to them very quick and love them now! Used my 360 controller the other day and it felt so weird, analogue sticks felt massive lol.

The haptic feedback in each triggers is awesome, especially in Forza where you can really feel it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement