Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Myrddin wrote: »
    Enough with the PS4 comparisons please, as per the thread title.
    3rdDegree wrote: »
    You mean articles like your fanboy post? :)

No matter what way you try to square that circle, graphics are inferior. I'm sorry to have to say it as I'm a bit of an Xbox fanboy myself, but that is a fact. But we're not supposed to dicuss that other console here, so we'd better leave that discussion for another thread!
    DaLad wrote: »
    No, my REALIST post.

I'm not a fanboy. I respect each console for what they can offer. I love technology, period.

But, what do you expect coming into an Xbox One discussion thread and referring to it as inferior?

Stick to the IGN discussion thread if you want to knock either console.

Again, keep the comparison chat to the thread in the Games forum. Last warning folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So far I am enjoying my Xbox One, I am still finding out more things about it everyday. Probably because stuff is hard to find :D
    In this video major nelson shows how to find things in the UI that people were finding difficult to locate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

miralize wrote: »
    This could either be my greatest idea, or my costliest mistake

InP40WGl.jpg?1

You're gonna break your console. I'm not sure if you're gonna close the door while you're playing, but you're gonna have feck all circulation in there.

I'd have it out for all consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    You're gonna break your console. I'm not sure if you're gonna close the door while you're playing, but you're gonna have feck all circulation in there.

I'd have it out for all consoles.

Its kept open and its turned that way to not block all the vents. The only thing I cant access is the USB at the bottom. If worse comes to worst, I can affix a fan inside the cabinet to keep air flowing out of it, but right now its working perfectly

And the 360 has this attached

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Intercooler+STS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I had heard lots of bad things about products like that, but it seems that one is actually getting good reviews.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I had heard lots of bad things about products like that, but it seems that one is actually getting good reviews.

Yep I've used it for about a year now. Blows air out the front, and away from building up in the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Any time frame for the Irish kinect voice supports and external hard drive playback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Davei141 wrote: »
    Any time frame for the Irish kinect voice supports and external hard drive playback?

nothing. I'm more concerned about streaming from a local server copying files up to skdrive is a right pain in the ring when I have them all sitting there nicely on my plex server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tippex wrote: »
    nothing. I'm more concerned about streaming from a local server copying files up to skdrive is a right pain in the ring when I have them all sitting there nicely on my plex server

I assume you don't have windows 7/8 ? Streaming works well but not as easily as it could from 8 when i tested it. I mentioned earlier my cheapo samsung ace phone does a bang up job streaming to the One , so I guess any android phone could work with the right app on it.

Not perfect solutions though for me they are a stop gap until something better comes along, but certainly better than uploading to skydrive :eek:

Edit : Actually I see plex is available for mobile devices .... /installs ..... I'll report back /no i won;t it's not free :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

is party chat working for anyone?.Wrecks my head that the most fundamental aspect of the console is unusable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

is party chat working for anyone?.Wrecks my head that the most fundamental aspect of the console is unusable

Party chat is muted or set to game chat by default,I can't remember which, check the party options and you should get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Party chat is muted or set to game chat by default,I can't remember which, check the party options and you should get sorted

Yeah, you have to turn party chat on after creating or joining the party but still most of the time you go to turn party chat on when it's not your party and it doesn't turn on. Says blah blah error. My NAT type is open btw and the people I've tried with, theres was too. That was a few days ago. I've just stuck to Skype voice chat/group chat instead. Does the same job once you set it up and add people etc.

Yeah, you have to turn party chat on after creating or joining the party but still most of the time you go to turn party chat on when it's not your party and it doesn't turn on. Says blah blah error. My NAT type is open btw and the people I've tried with, theres was too. That was a few days ago. I've just stuck to Skype voice chat/group chat instead. Does the same job once you set it up and add people etc.

I know how to work it but when you go to turn it on you get a try again message,very frustrating

Except for the fact that once you set it up and they give you the 100 free minutes for 6 months, it turns out you can't sign out and they only way do even do so according to their own info on skype is to disable notifications and to appear off line, I had a better solution ...... I uninstalled it, didn't want calls and chats with none gamer pals while I'm on xbox. Yet another thing for them to "fix" ffs at least on the 360 I could control whether i was signed in to messenger or not at start up.

calex71 wrote: »
    Except for the fact that once you set it up and they give you the 100 free minutes for 6 months, it turns out you can't sign out and they only way do even do so according to their own info on skype is to disable notifications and to appear off line, I had a better solution ...... I uninstalled it, didn't want calls and chats with none gamer pals while I'm on xbox. Yet another thing for them to "fix" ffs at least on the 360 I could control whether i was signed in to messenger or not at start up.

Well you could set up a separate skype account just for your Xbox :P

I don't use skype for other stuff myself so never thought of this as an issue.

Hey that's pretty cool. I just went in to Xbox Video and was browsing movies. Seen a movie I liked so I clicked on it and along the side it shows you which ways you can watch INCLUDING NETFLIX. So they're not actually forcing you to use their service. Thought that was pretty cool and remember someone suggesting they should do that a while back.

Anyone else having games fail to load and crash back to the dash after launching them??? Pain in the you know whats !!!! :mad:

So I followed the fix suggested on nearly every google result, plug out and cold boot, works, but then it tells me on screen it's not connected to live, network tests tell me it is and it has the wrong time in the lower right. So then I have to sign out and disconnect and reconnect to wifi to get it back up :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone else having games fail to load and crash back to the dash after launching them??? Pain in the you know whats !!!! :mad:

So I followed the fix suggested on nearly every google result, plug out and cold boot, works, but then it tells me on screen it's not connected to live, network tests tell me it is and it has the wrong time in the lower right. So then I have to sign out and disconnect and reconnect to wifi to get it back up :mad:

Always with BF4, I just try switching to something else, another game or app and then back to BF4, eventually it starts the game. After powering up again from a plug out you need to allow time for the xbox to sign you in before starting the game up.

If the Kinect doesn't recognise you place your arms above your head and it will attempt to sign you in.

Right lads to join the party ,you must be in the main dashboard.if you have bf4 open you will not be able to join a party.You must go back to the main menu press start over battlefield 4,go down to quit.then join the party.

Right lads to join the party ,you must be in the main dashboard.if you have bf4 open you will not be able to join a party.You must go back to the main menu press start over battlefield 4,go down to quit.then join the party.

I will try and report back :P

• Advertisement

Does anyone know, if using your debit card to purchase something on the Xbox Store. Is it normal for MS to not charge it straight away, to take their time applying the charge?

They take 2 or so days to get it through the system I think, but yeah they charge it as soon as they can.

14 Day Gold Trial for anyone who wants it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k7kmxr6igizf9z/xboxgold.jpg

14 Day Gold Trial for anyone who wants it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k7kmxr6igizf9z/xboxgold.jpg

Mine runs out in 2 weeks. Just tried to add it to my account but it says I have to wait till my gold runs out first lol

I see Titanfall slam dunked the VGX video game awards. Respawn showed off some exclusive footage. Deadly stuff, I can't wait til March.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/7/5187034/titanfall-introduces-more-mechanized-firepower-in-two-new-trailers

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

45 mins for the console to update from first connection....

now I put in forza and its telling me it has to download a 6gb patch.... flip sake !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

For those interested, HMV Liffey Valley have a demo Xbox One with Forza 5 running.

Console looks very impressive. Controller is very nice. Loading times on Forza are dreadful! Graphics do look good, but l did think there were a lot of jaggies on some of the straight lines on the cars and l thought the anti-aliasing could have been better. Maybe I was expecting too much.

In 12 month's I think it will have some very impressive games out for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I see Titanfall slam dunked the VGX video game awards. Respawn showed off some exclusive footage. Deadly stuff, I can't wait til March.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/7/5187034/titanfall-introduces-more-mechanized-firepower-in-two-new-trailers

Gotta admit, disappointed by them. The graphics don't seem as good as the other trailers.

Though it looks like they might have a mode similar to Assault in UT, which would be awesome! Man I wish there was another UT coming out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Benzino wrote: »
    Gotta admit, disappointed by them. The graphics don't seem as good as the other trailers.

Though it looks like they might have a mode similar to Assault in UT, which would be awesome! Man I wish there was another UT coming out :(

Too early yet to base opinion on trailers,wait till the beta comes out! They are going all out with Titan fall and can't imagine it will disappoint!

On a side note who saw the video feature on the Snowdrop engine used in Tom Clancys the division, looks amazing

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »

On a side note who saw the video feature on the Snowdrop engine used in Tom Clancys the division, looks amazing
    I could watch those cars getting shot up for months and still say wow. What a great engine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement