Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I see Titanfall slam dunked the VGX video game awards.[/url]

Doesn't take much to impress you so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Too early yet to base opinion on trailers,wait till the beta comes out! They are going all out with Titan fall and can't imagine it will disappoint!

Yeah, it is too early to judge either way. Initially I thought it looked class, and I will definitely pick it up on the PC, but the more I see of it the more it reminds me of CoD. This is also the team that made CoD, which worries me a bit (even though MW1 was class).
    Cotts72 wrote: »
    On a side note who saw the video feature on the Snowdrop engine used in Tom Clancys the division, looks amazing

Yeah, looking forward to seeing the Snowdrop engine in action, likewise the new Unreal engine. Has there been any games announced yet that are using the new Unreal engine?

Edit: Ah, Daylight is using Unreal Engine 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I see Titanfall slam dunked the VGX video game awards. Respawn showed off some exclusive footage. Deadly stuff, I can't wait til March.
    COYVB wrote: »
    Doesn't take much to impress you so...

:D

Talk to the mech.....

9588476761_f1f2381e14_b.jpg

Greatness Awaits :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Right completely stupid question but can the xbone play regular dvd's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Right completely stupid question but can the xbone play regular dvd's?
    Yep. Plays them fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Went to Ikea yesterday aiming to buy a gaming masterstation but was rather disappointed. Ended up buying two big square things just to have something to show for my travels.

Xbone fits a little flusher than I expected, there's a little wiggle room each side but not much. Not bothered about the USB access, but should I be worried about airflow in here?

http://tinyurl.com/pzndmxf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm getting an invalid attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

maximoose wrote: »
    Went to Ikea yesterday aiming to buy a gaming masterstation but was rather disappointed. Ended up buying two big square things just to have something to show for my travels.

Xbone fits a little flusher than I expected, there's a little wiggle room each side but not much. Not bothered about the USB access, but should I be worried about airflow in here?

There are side vents on the right side. That might be an issue.

Hmm might have to rethink it so. If I have it flush against the left hand side there's a little bit of space at the right. Was playing Forza for about 2 hours last night and didn't seem to be hot at all. Will keep an eye on it I guess.

As an aside, I'm beginning to think that Forza online is one of the most frustrating online experiences I've had. People just going out of their way to T-bone you at corners is doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

As an aside, I'm beginning to think that Forza online is one of the most frustrating online experiences I've had. People just going out of their way to T-bone you at corners is doing my head in!

Sounds like GTA racing so.

Annoyed the sh*t out of me when they managed to do it, but felt so fu**ing good when they tried to do it and they spun out instead as I raced away in glory! :D

(Have Forza 5 just haven't tried MP yet!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There's a giant vent on top and vents on back. Should be ok. Best way to find out is just play and if you hear the fan trying any extra more than usual then turn it off and move it.

I had my 360 on top of my ONE and it didn't like it at all, made me hear the ONE for the first time ever. Fans spun up like mad lol and was pretty hot on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else get Peggle today? I have a sizeable border cropped out on my TV about 1inch around the whole screen with no in game way to resize it. I can play it fine but still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I had a similar issue with battlefield 4 where some of the hud was off the screen, the only way I could fix it was by going into my tv's settings and changing it from 16:9 to just scan

I'll be picking peggle shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm beginning to think that Forza online is one of the most frustrating online experiences I've had. People just going out of their way to T-bone you at corners is doing my head in!
    I have only played a few multiplayer matches. It's alright but I really like the single player and rivals mode where you race against friends drivatars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

TBH that's precisely the reason why I havent tried multiplayer yet.
    To prevent this they should introduce a similar system to what they use in Grand Turismo where if you attempt to hit someone you will drive through the other car like if the other car wasnt there without causing an accident.

I stopped playing the career mode as well as I got bored to driving the same tracks over and over again. I will come back to it in a week or so.

The game is fun but they should try to introduce more driving modes/challenges, similar to the Licenses in GT but maybe more like a time challenge or something similar.

Even if I was to buy extra tracks/cars it will still be more of the same (at least on single player). Even the races are the same 2/4 laps races against other drivers int he same 10 tracks.

Maybe introduce rally tracks as well? I dont know, just give me something else to do!

I think the career mode is just a little bit disjointed or something, and it gets boring after a while. There's no progression, it's just "Here's a bunch of events, off you go" - no reward or consequence for doing well/crap.

I'd love rally tracks. This game has got me longing for a new DiRT game, they aren't perfect games but they sure are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think the career mode is just a little bit disjointed or something, and it gets boring after a while. There's no progression, it's just "Here's a bunch of events, off you go" - no reward or consequence for doing well/crap.

I'd love rally tracks. This game has got me longing for a new DiRT game, they aren't perfect games but they sure are fun.

Are you disabling the assists? It gets really interesting when you have to think about absolutely everything. Got bored of Forza 3(?) ,but this is definitely keeping me occupied. The AI is nothing like any other driving sim I've played,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miralize wrote: »
    Are you disabled the assists? It gets really interesting when you have to think about absolutely everything. Got bored of Forza 3(?) ,but this is definitely keeping my occupied. The AI is nothing like any other driving sim I've played,

I like it as well, when you see your friends drivatars in your race, are they driving the actual cars that your friends used?

also, they're obviously handicapped in some way as its still quite easy to beat the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just back from NYC where I got Ryse, Fifa14, Battlefield 4 and a controller charge kit for €150 in Toys r Us. They were having a buy one get one for 40% off deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Mine was finally delivered today :D

35 Mins to home time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone else get Peggle today? I have a sizeable border cropped out on my TV about 1inch around the whole screen with no in game way to resize it. I can play it fine but still :(

Did you resize the screen and balance the colors inside in the xbox settings, you might even be able to select the exact TV, have to say there colour settings are impressive, haven't seen anything like it on any console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Agreed! It turns out that my TV was incredibly poorly set up. The XBO TV setup fixed that in right style thought

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did you resize the screen and balance the colors inside in the xbox settings, you might even be able to select the exact TV, have to say there colour settings are impressive, haven't seen anything like it on any console.
    COYVB wrote: »
    Agreed! It turns out that my TV was incredibly poorly set up. The XBO TV setup fixed that in right style thought

I'll take a look there so, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

loving this xbox :) really need to get games that will make it shine though, fifa looks a little better but nothing amazing compared to ryse or bf4
    god dammit why can't xmas come quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anyone have any problems with their controller yet? The left stick on mine keeps popping and clicking out of place and keeps drifting to the left.
    How quickly is microsofts response time for replacements it or would I be able to get a replacement from where i bought the console

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I downloaded Peggle 2 off xbox.com today expecting it it be downloaded when I got home but it wasn't? I have my xbox set up to start up quickly and download updates automatically (ie not the Eco setting) but am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Anyone have any problems with their controller yet? The left stick on mine keeps popping and clicking out of place and keeps drifting to the left.
    How quickly is microsofts response time for replacements it or would I be able to get a replacement from where i bought the console

I think someone who had a problem with their controller posted on this thread a good few pages back that the retailer they bought the console from told them they had to go through Microsoft and they ended up having to post the controller to the Czech Rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

If anyone reads anything about unlocking backwards compatibility by going into dev settings and changing their consoles sandbox do not do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

you'll have to send it to Microsoft for replacement , they will send you a new one when they receive it. Takes about 10 days .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement