Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I downloaded Peggle 2 off xbox.com today expecting it it be downloaded when I got home but it wasn't? I have my xbox set up to start up quickly and download updates automatically (ie not the Eco setting) but am I missing something?
    When you got home and powered it up fully did the download start for you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

If anyone reads anything about unlocking backwards compatibility by going into dev settings and changing their consoles sandbox do not do it.

That hoax was uploaded to 4chan and has bricked hundreds of xboxs so far.

Same place where no long ago someone uploaded an pretend add from apple saying that from the last Apple OS software upgrade now all Ipads and Iphones are water-resistant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bohrio wrote: »
    That hoax was uploaded to 4chan and has bricked hundreds of xboxs so far.

Same place where no long ago someone uploaded an pretend add from apple saying that from the last Apple OS software upgrade now all Ipads and Iphones are water-resistant

Yar, it doesn't brick them really it just changes the sandbox - if you can get back in you can just change it to RETAIL (its case sensitive). If not they need to be shipped back to be reflashed.

Most people wouldn't fall for it, or would check it out first - doesn't hurt to remind people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Any way of streaming from websites on the one, tried filmontv and it wanted an upgrade to the flash player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any way of streaming from websites on the one, tried filmontv and it wanted an upgrade to the flash player

No not unless the site is HTML5 as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Even then I've found it's hit and miss. Wii U trumps both XBO and PS4 on the streaming compatibility front

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

When you got home and powered it up fully did the download start for you then?

No I had to click install to get it going, I was under the impression it would download it when I was out by buying it off the web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Anyone have any problems with their controller yet? The left stick on mine keeps popping and clicking out of place and keeps drifting to the left.
    How quickly is microsofts response time for replacements it or would I be able to get a replacement from where i bought the console

I had the same problem and I brought it back to smyths and got a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dricko_lim wrote: »
    No I had to click install to get it going, I was under the impression it would download it when I was out by buying it off the web

I was under the impression that that was going to be the case as well, another feature in the "coming soon" bracket I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I see Destiny has been given a date of 09/09/14

Thought it would be sooner :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Battlefield 4 is so broken it unreal, tried for a half an hour to get into a game last night and plagued with server errors and crashes back to the dashboard. Its criminal that you cant return it to the shop as its not fit for purpose. My time for gaming is limited and I cant be putting up with this hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Battlefield 4 is so broken it unreal, tried for a half an hour to get into a game last night and plagued with server errors and crashes back to the dashboard. Its criminal that you cant return it to the shop as its not fit for purpose. My time for gaming is limited and I cant be putting up with this hassle.

I'm really surprised there isn't more of a stink being kicked up in general over games and apps crashing. Anything I've played so far has crashed back to the dashboard or taken 5 or 6 attempts to launch at one point or another.

Just yesterday I had it with dead rising 3 and last night had peggle crash on me 3 times during the evening.

That never happened once on the 360, I have a horrible feeling we will hear in the coming months how MS released too soon and that it will be a long time before everything runs as it should, and to that all the improvements that need to be implemented to the interface.......... :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yeeeaaaap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm really surprised there isn't more of a stink being kicked up in general over games and apps crashing. Anything I've played so far has crashed back to the dashboard or taken 5 or 6 attempts to launch at one point or another.

Just yesterday I had it with dead rising 3 and last night had peggle crash on me 3 times during the evening.

That never happened once on the 360, I have a horrible feeling we will hear in the coming months how MS released too soon and that it will be a long time before everything runs as it should, and to that all the improvements that need to be implemented to the interface.......... :(
    They said its because of the DRM change. Everything had to be re-worked because it was built on it, that late change could be the result of all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Theyre resources were also stretched, having to support 5 platforms for BF4 for instance. I think the biggest slowdown right now is getting the updates verified by Microsoft. You can tell. The PS3, PS4 & PC versions are all updated, yet the xbox games are delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

miralize wrote: »
    Theyre resources were also stretched, having to support 5 platforms for BF4 for instance. I think the biggest slowdown right now is getting the updates verified by Microsoft. You can tell. The PS3, PS4 & PC versions are all updated, yet the xbox games are delayed.

do you not have to manually search via bing to download the xbox BF4 update?
    I read that on ign....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

What happens in BF4 is beyond random crashes etc. Yesterday I connected at 6pm and tried to find a lobby for 10 minutes, non stop, couldnt find a single one, then I finally joined one and the lag was so bad that I had to quit. So I tried again for another 10 minutes, found another lobby, played for 1 minutes and dashboarded. Again same thing, play a full TDM, then another 10/15 minutes of wait until i was able to join another lobby and played for around 30 seconds. After that I tried joining other lobbies but I couldnt find a single one, the lobbies under the server browser were all empty, and the quick start option (which is the one I normally use) kept telling me "unable to connect to server". After 30 minutes I gave up and wen to bed.

So I literally wasted 2 hours of my life yesterday. I have never seen anything like it before, most games have small bugs when they are released that are sorted slowly as time goes by but this is just unreal. I can't play multiplayer because well, I just can't, I can't play campaign mode because it doesnt save my progress, fortunately I can play test range, sure that makes up for it as test range is sooo much fun, so challenging.. but it does get boring after 10 seconds..

Its not the OS crashing though, its the games - probably because they were pushed out too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If anyone is looking for a Christmas present for themselves you can now get a Xbox One mod that unlocks mouse and keyboard support as well as the use of pretty much any other kind of controller.
    Modders have managed to unlock mouse and keyboard support on Xbox One - as well as the use of pretty much any other kind of controller.

The video below shows DualShock 3 and 4 pads, a Wii Pro Controller, and a mouse and keyboard being used to control Xbox One launch titles Killer Instinct and Call of Duty: Ghosts.

It's made possible via the latest version of the CronusMAX mod, which is now compatible with Xbox One consoles.

"This is perfect for those who love their old 360 controllers, or had a real expensive modded 360 controller and now don't have to worry about buying another," modding outfit Team Xecutor explained. "Or want that extra edge by playing with a keyboard and mouse."

It goes without saying that modding your console is a risky business and instantly invalidates any warranty. It can also give players a sneaky natural advantage when using alternative controller types. Tut.

You can get it here http://team-xecuter.com/cronusmax-full-xbox-one-support-added-worlds-1st-keyboardmousemodded-controllers/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-10-xbox-one-mod-unlocks-mouse-and-keyboard-support

I don't get it, you don't need a mod for keyboard control right now.

• Advertisement

I don't get it, you don't need a mod for keyboard control right now.

You can use a wired keyboard if you have it plugged in before you start up the console, but using this will allow you to use key bindings.

Xenji wrote: »
    You can use a wired keyboard if you have it plugged in before you start up the console, but using this will allow you to use key bindings.

Ok, fair enough about the key bindings. FYI, the keyboard doesn't need to be plugged in on boot.

Ok, fair enough about the key bindings. FYI, the keyboard doesn't need to be plugged in on boot.

Thats good, something the other half read on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beautron

I wanted to get an xboxone just to rid myself of the disgrace that is upc horizon's interface.
    But it still seems unclear if Ireland will ever get a working Xbox tv guide.

:(

Anyone hooked up a upc Horizon box to the xbox one successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

beautron wrote: »
    I wanted to get an xboxone just to rid myself of the disgrace that is upc horizon's interface.
    But it still seems unclear if Ireland will ever get a working Xbox tv guide.

I don't think anywhere does.

My understanding is that Xbox need to link with TV providers to carry guides from TV suppliers whose boxes are connected to the xbox, so you'll still need your Horizon box.

Yea I have to keep it anyway as im stuck in contract like a b1tch :p
    but any way to get a nicer GUI would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

Good thread about the media functions outside of the US on the Gaf, they are basically useless as it stands unless your in the US, you could see they really did not have much of a interest in it outside of the US as the signall is programmed for 60hz and not the 50hz you have in the EU. Hopefully they fix it in the future, but have not heard any rumblings about it, bit disappointed by it all.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?p=93063421

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

beautron wrote: »
    Yea I have to keep it anyway as im stuck in contract like a b1tch :p
    but any way to get a nicer GUI would be welcome.

Yes, but if you leave UPC and get nothing else then you won't have a TV guide.

• Advertisement

Yea that 60hz sh1t says a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement