Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beautron

@murph, nah like id planned to keep me upc and just use the xbox one integrated guide instead. but alas that aint possible here yet, if at all ever.

gnomesein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

what is irritating is the silence from microsoft about plans to fix some of the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I don't get it, you don't need a mod for keyboard control right now.

It might come handy for me, I have one of those scuff gaming controllers that I dont know what to do with anymore.

Also, it will be interesting if I could connect my old Logitech G25 wheel as well. I doubt the game will support it though but it is a start

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fudd_Man

Hey sorry if it's being covered but I'm just wondering if you need to buy the xbox live to update the console when you buy it? And do you need it to download the copy of FIFA supplied with the bundles?

Any help would be much apriciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Fudd_Man wrote: »
    Hey sorry if it's being covered but I'm just wondering if you need to buy the xbox live to update the console when you buy it? And do you need it to download the copy of FIFA supplied with the bundles?

Any help would be much apriciated!

No & yes.

• Advertisement

That's a bit of a slap from Microsoft is it not? You've to pay the 60 quid or whatever it is to activate the game included with the console?

That's a bit of a slap from Microsoft is it not? You've to pay the 60 quid or whatever it is to activate the game included with the console?

No as in you dont need Gold to update it.

But you do need to download Fifa, which is free to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Nope not at all. There's a 14 day free trial in the box. It's more of a here's fifa for free now go enjoy some online play on us.

Nope not at all. There's a 14 day free trial in the box. It's more of a here's fifa for free now go enjoy some online play on us.

Ah so there's a free trial? That kinda takes the sting out of it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The game included with the console is delivered as a download code, not as a pre-installed game or as a disc based game.

You can scan the code and download the game without Xbox Live Gold membership (even though there is a 14-day trial included). You do, however, need an internet connection as there is a Day one System update that is needed, and also to download the game (obviously).

I fail to see the slap in the face.

• Advertisement

The game included with the console is delivered as a download code, not as a pre-installed game or as a disc based game.

You can scan the code and download the game without Xbox Live Gold membership (even though there is a 14-day trial included). You do, however, need an internet connection as there is a Day one System update that is needed, and also to download the game (obviously).

I fail to see the slap in the face.

I didn't know there was a trial included so I thought id have to fork out more money to download the game that's all! Confusion sorted thanks for the help guys!

I didn't know there was a trial included so I thought id have to fork out more money to download the game that's all! Confusion sorted thanks for the help guys!

You dont even need the trial to download the free game I dont think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

miralize wrote: »
    You dont even need the trial to download the free game I dont think.
    Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm really surprised there isn't more of a stink being kicked up in general over games and apps crashing. Anything I've played so far has crashed back to the dashboard or taken 5 or 6 attempts to launch at one point or another.

Just yesterday I had it with dead rising 3 and last night had peggle crash on me 3 times during the evening.

That never happened once on the 360, I have a horrible feeling we will hear in the coming months how MS released too soon and that it will be a long time before everything runs as it should, and to that all the improvements that need to be implemented to the interface.......... :(

Making me regret ordering my xbox one now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Bohrio wrote: »
    What happens in BF4 is beyond random crashes etc. Yesterday I connected at 6pm and tried to find a lobby for 10 minutes, non stop, couldnt find a single one, then I finally joined one and the lag was so bad that I had to quit. So I tried again for another 10 minutes, found another lobby, played for 1 minutes and dashboarded. Again same thing, play a full TDM, then another 10/15 minutes of wait until i was able to join another lobby and played for around 30 seconds. After that I tried joining other lobbies but I couldnt find a single one, the lobbies under the server browser were all empty, and the quick start option (which is the one I normally use) kept telling me "unable to connect to server". After 30 minutes I gave up and wen to bed.

So I literally wasted 2 hours of my life yesterday. I have never seen anything like it before, most games have small bugs when they are released that are sorted slowly as time goes by but this is just unreal. I can't play multiplayer because well, I just can't, I can't play campaign mode because it doesnt save my progress, fortunately I can play test range, sure that makes up for it as test range is sooo much fun, so challenging.. but it does get boring after 10 seconds..

Sounds like you have NAT issues on your modem? NAT is for matchmaking and chat.

I play Battlefield 4 TDM every night on XB1, and i find games instantly, with no lag at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I play Battlefield 4 TDM every night on XB1, and i find games instantly, with no lag at all really.

Nothing to do with NAT. I have open NAT and Battlefield is my most played game. The other night tho when I was trying to find a server and my friend in California was trying to find a server it would just give both of us error messages like server full and what not even tho they weren't.

It was AFTER the 'We're pushing a server update later today' message disappeared so they obviously f*cked some sh*t up.

Lamposts wrote: »

I must be lucky my xb1 has been running great since i got it on the 22th. Some Apps i will admit have failed to open at certain times, but bugs are too be expected at launch. Just play the games and wait for an update.

DaLad wrote: »
    Nothing to do with NAT. I have open NAT and Battlefield is my most played game. The other night tho when I was trying to find a server and my friend in California was trying to find a server it would just give both of us error messages like server full and what not even tho they weren't.

It was AFTER the 'We're pushing a server update later today' message disappeared so they obviously f*cked some sh*t up.

Well, i just do the quick match and find a match with a good ping 95% of the time.

I have no complaints. I haven't tried out the other modes really, but when i did i found matches.

I must be lucky my xb1 has been running great since i got it on the 22th. Some Apps i will admit have failed to open at certain times, but bugs are too be expected at launch. Just play the games and wait for an update.

Same as. Minimal problems. Biggest problem I've had so far is not being able to turn on party chat or a joining friend not being able to turn it on. We used Skype voice chat/group chat instead.

Friend discovered a solution for this the other day tho. All you have to do is make sure you haven't launched a game yet, if you have you select it on the Home screen, press start and press quit. Then you can start the party and turn party chat on no problem.

Well, i just do the quick match and find a match with a good ping 95% of the time.

I have no complaints. I haven't tried out the other modes really, but when i did i found matches.

Have you been playing in the past couple of days? Mainly Sunday I think. Haven't tried since then. I was trying through server browser in game and via battlelog and also tried quick match. Was taking like 10 minutes of trying mutiple servers via each option to get a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

When it works, it's brilliant. It'll get ironed out, no doubt, but games companies are taking the pi$$ releasing software in this state.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Not just you. No problems here so far. The only issue I've had with it is the annoying recorded clips every time something small happens like a keeper punching the ball in fifa. If there was a way to turn that off but keep manual record a clip I'd be 100% happy with Xbox One. Only 99% happy right now damn it! :p

DaLad wrote: »
    Have you been playing in the past couple of days? Mainly Sunday I think. Haven't tried since then. I was trying through server browser in game and via battlelog and also tried quick match. Was taking like 10 minutes of trying mutiple servers via each option to get a game.

I play every night for three hours more time at the weekend. I likely be on it in the next hour.

When i choose quick match. I'm in instantly about 10 to 15 seconds wait time and i'm playing.

Not just you. No problems here so far. The only issue I've had with it is the annoying recorded clips every time something small happens like a keeper punching the ball in fifa. If there was a way to turn that off but keep manual record a clip I'd be 100% happy with Xbox One. Only 99% happy right now damn it! :p

I get that too. Every goalkeeper save seems to be recorded lol

I scored a nice free kick last night though against someone, so i didn't mind, that been recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

When it works, it's brilliant. It'll get ironed out, no doubt, but games companies are taking the pi$$ releasing software in this state.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I was just goign to post something similar, its not really the console itself, its the games. Rushed out it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i have same problem and my nat is open and can join games easily on fifa without issue.

bf4 is completely and utterly broken atm

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

miju wrote: »
    i have same problem and my nat is open and can join games easily on fifa without issue.

bf4 is completely and utterly broken atm

Your nat type might still display as open if you have all of the ports required for the 360 but the one needs 3 additional ports opened. 500, 3544 and 4500 udp below. Chances are you have the rest open already and this is leading to the nat type being open. However even tho it displays as open you might not have the last 3 open.
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

Of course it could just be an issue with ea servers. Worth a shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Folks, there's already a thread for discussing NAT issues, this one is for general chat

• Advertisement

Your nat type might still display as open if you have all of the ports required for the 360 but the one needs 3 additional ports opened. 500, 3544 and 4500 udp below. Chances are you have the rest open already and this is leading to the nat type being open. However even tho it displays as open you might not have the last 3 open.

Of course it could just be an issue with ea servers. Worth a shot anyway.

Have them open, problem still persists. Back to general chit chat ;) (WHich I thought this kind of was)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement