Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DaLad wrote: »
    Have them open, problem still persists. Back to general chit chat ;) (WHich I thought this kind of was)

The NAT thread is there to discuss NAT issues, & keep all the NAT discussion in one handy place. There's no point diluting other threads with NAT stuff if there's already a dedicated thread for it. This is for general Xbox One chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

When it works, it's brilliant. It'll get ironed out, no doubt, but games companies are taking the pi$$ releasing software in this state.

That seems to be the story on BF4 for every platform. Looks like DICE spread themselves very thinly this time around - 5 major platforms in addition to all other work of the Frostbite 3 engine (e.g. To help modify it for use in Need 4 Speed and the new Dragon Age game, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yet it still has golden reviews.

People should look for their money back in the shops, and the shops should look for their money back, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I was reading this thread yesterday, I can't believe people were blaming the bad gaming experience with BF4 to local network issues or DSL related issues.

The game is clearly broken, I am not saying some of the issues people are having here are not related to DSL/Broadband but in this case it isnt.

There are so many things wrong with BF at the moment that I just can't see them fixing them any time soon. I know why they released it now, because they wanted to compete with CoD Ghost but they knew the game wasnt ready, but they couldnt wait either because TitanFall is coming out in March so they had to do it now. Worst part is that it was their best time for them to take CoD place as the best FPS out there, Ghost is the worst CoD so far (although this is a matter of opinion of course) so the timing was perfect. All they had to do is make sure it worked but they failed, they had the chance and they missed it, and to be honest I dont see them having this chance again.

The game is, at the moment, unplayable (at least for me). I havent been able to find a lobby since sunday. I have tried 2-3 hours every day (I was doing something else on the meanwhile) and still was not able to join a single lobby. I am not complaining of lag problems or the lack sound in some maps, or anything like that, I JUST CAN PLAY MULTIPLAYER! but I also can't play campaign mode as my game progress is not saved either. So this means I can't play the game AT ALL! (except for test range).

And seriously, stop saying the problems are mostly WAN connection issues, I have a fibre connection (FTTH), my pings are 1 ms within ireland, 2 ms to the UK, I have no packet loss and I still can't play the game.... I have no choice but to go back to my XBOX 360 and play older games such as BF3 or MW... this is how bad it is (no way I am playing Ghost again).

This review kind of says it all

link

Bear in mind that most review are there were done before the game was officially release. Remember that, after the game was release it was kind of playable for the first few weeks and it has been only recently that the game has become unplayable for most people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohiro,

I'm in the same boat as you, it was all gravy for the first week, but the last week has been terrible. I only copped last night that my single player save is gone now as well. I'd only completed the first set of levels, but still, very annoying. I look at videos online from the likes of jackfrags, and it depresses me that I can't be enjoying the epic moments this game has to offer. Its probably going to be gathering dust on my shelf once titanfall arrives, but I'd love to give it a good blast over christmas while I'm off.

on the upside, it looks like I'm actually going to hit prestige master in black ops 2, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

At least it seems like Microsoft are listening to some complaints. They're offering refunds for people who bought Premium and can't use it. See here.

While it's disappointing that both consoles have issues at launch, I have to say that I've been impressed by how Microsoft are doing the console repairs, i.e. sending you out a new console before you send your broken console off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/442187/xbox-one-system-update-tackles-multiplayer-issues/
    I wonder will thus help joining games in Bf4,
    or at least stop it dashboarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Happy Christmas, Microsoft ...
    Microsoft wrote:
    Bah, Humbug!

Microsoft adds £5 to the price of exclusive digital Xbox One games in the UK URL="http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/11/microsoft-increases-price-of-exclusive-digital-games-by-5-in-th/"]link[/URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-december-announcement

2 million consoles sold in 18 days . A wonderful achievement considering the console only launched in 13 countries compared to 32 countries with Sony.

Wasn't it only last week Sony claimed they had sold 2.1 million consoles. Microsoft seems to be catching up quickly!

I like to take back what i said about Battlefield 4 too yesterday. It was crashing a lot last night for me for the first time and i could not connect to the TDM server by way of quick match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Regarding Battlefield, I have been playing with little or no issues for the past week. The only problem I have is not being able to join games using quick search. When you search for games is Server browser, you won't be able to get games in Europe it seems. So I simply search for US servers, and play there. My connection is able to play on these servers fine, and I only get the odd skip and frame rate issue.

I do agree that the game was released without being fully finished, but I'm sure this will be sorted out in the next two weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-december-announcement

2 million consoles sold in 18 days . A wonderful achievement considering the console only launched in 13 countries compared to 32 countries with Sony.

Wasn't it only last week Sony claimed they had sold 2.1 million consoles. Microsoft seems to be catching up quickly!

I like to take back what i said about Battlefield 4 too yesterday. It was crashing a lot last night for me for the first time and i could not connect to the TDM server by way of quick match.

That is some good marketing there for a change, and it is a bit sly as well with the NPD numbers being released tomorrow at 12.00 GMT, we will know how many consoles both companies have sold so far in the US.

Nazzu wrote: »
    That is some good marketing there for a change, and it is a bit sly as well with the NPD numbers being released tomorrow at 12.00 GMT, we will know how many consoles both companies have sold so far in the US.
    I though NPD don't give out specific numbers to the public any more, they leave that to each of the vendors to announce themselves. If they want to, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

I though NPD don't give out specific numbers to the public any more, they leave that to each of the vendors to announce themselves. If they want to, that is.

They still do, they tried to stop it in 2007 but due to blacklash they reversed the decision a few weeks after, you can see Octobers report if you search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just purchased an xbox one off microsoft there with COD Ghosts, looks like I'll have it for Christmas and everything!

If anyone's interested in swapping a game for a brand new unopened COD Ghosts when I get it send me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Just purchased an xbox one off microsoft there with COD Ghosts, looks like I'll have it for Christmas and everything!

If anyone's interested in swapping a game for a brand new unopened COD Ghosts when I get it send me a pm.

It will most likely be a code for COD not an actual disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

calex71 wrote: »

are all those console games bundles just download codes? that would be good to know as my internet is just too slow for downloading next gen games or current gen for that matter

calex71 wrote: »

Ah, so it is. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fudd_Man

Sorry if it's being covered but how long does the initial update usually take? Or even how big is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fudd_Man wrote: »
    Sorry if it's being covered but how long does the initial update usually take? Or even how big is it?

I think it's about 2gb and takes 15-20 minutes to install after download. (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

DaLad wrote: »
    I think it's about 2gb and takes 15-20 minutes to install after download. (I think)

maybe a stupid question but can you pause the download or turn off and resume later? its just my internet is really slow and the internet providers slows the speed further after continuous full speed download so its actually faster to download that way. I should have it tomorrow or friday according to xtra vision :)

sky23 wrote: »
    maybe a stupid question but can you pause the download or turn off and resume later? its just my internet is really slow and the internet providers slows the speed further after continuous full speed download so its actually faster to download that way. I should have it tomorrow or friday according to xtra vision :)

The initial day one update, I don't think you can no :/ Hardly take that long to download 2gb tho. Even with a 2mb connection it would take just 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

There was some sort of announcement day one about not interrupting the initial update or you could brick the one. They also said to do the first update via Ethernet. I love the console. But as for battlefield 4 that's a whole different ball game. 65€ for a game I can't play half the time.

It's also crazy how customers in the rural areas are being treated by ISP's. Thank god for 150 mb UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

The update is 500mb and doesn't take long at all. About 15 mins as someone said, and I'm on about 2.3mb download here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The update is 500mb and doesn't take long at all. About 15 mins as someone said, and I'm on about 2.3mb download here atm.

This is correct, it's definitely not more than 600 mb. Before day one you could download the update onto a usb key at your leisure but it was pulled due to a problem with it. It'd be worth checking to see if they've put it back up again.

Has anyone any idea if you can use an xbox live account on an xbox one and a 360 simultaneously? Basically we'll be keeping the 360 and my younger brother will be using it, but to save him paying 60 euro for a years membership can he play using my account at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Has anyone any idea if you can use an xbox live account on an xbox one and a 360 simultaneously? Basically we'll be keeping the 360 and my younger brother will be using it, but to save him paying 60 euro for a years membership can he play using my account at the same time.

I have, the wife will watch netlfix in the kitchen with the 360 with me signed in and I can often be on the one in the sitting room at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You can be logged in on one 360 and one xbone. You cannot be logged into 2 xbones or 2 360s at once.

Happy days, it'll save us a few quid then.

Are Gamestop still doing the EA trade ins where you trade in the 360 version of a game for the next gen version for €15?

Have Madden 25 here and need to get the next gen version.

• Advertisement

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I have, the wife will watch netlfix in the kitchen with the 360 with me signed in and I can often be on the one in the sitting room at the same time
    You can be logged in on one 360 and one xbone. You cannot be logged into 2 xbones or 2 360s at once.

Really!? I actually didn't realise this. I thought it was either Xbox. Learn something new everyday :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement