Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Happy days, it'll save us a few quid then.

Are Gamestop still doing the EA trade ins where you trade in the 360 version of a game for the next gen version for €15?

Have Madden 25 here and need to get the next gen version.

I think they're doing it 'till December 31st. You have to have bought the 360 game from them and have a receipt. (With the exception of FIFA apparently)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DaLad wrote: »
    I think they're doing it 'till December 31st. You have to have bought the 360 game from them and have a receipt. (With the exception of FIFA apparently)

Never asked me for a reciept , out of interest are they taking the 360 version of Assassins Creed 4 as part of the deal?

calex71 wrote: »
    Never asked me for a reciept , out of interest are they taking the 360 version of Assassins Creed 4 as part of the deal?

No just FIFA, Battlefield 4, NFS: Rivals and CoD: Ghosts.

1380396_10153269289625062_1803641352_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You can be logged in on one 360 and one xbone. You cannot be logged into 2 xbones or 2 360s at once.

Its worth bearing in mind that it'll be hard to have open NAT on 2 machines at one (at least I've never been able to get it) - In this case, the law of the jungle dictates that the older brother gets the machine with the better settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Really!? I actually didn't realise this. I thought it was either Xbox. Learn something new everyday :P

Yup. If you try to log in on 2 xbox ones it will tell you that its gonna sign you out of the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

calex71 wrote: »

It's just EA games, apparently it's EA running the promotion.
    No just FIFA, Battlefield 4, NFS: Rivals and CoD: Ghosts.

1380396_10153269289625062_1803641352_n.jpg
    No Madden 25? They're doing it in the US, hopefully they'll honour it here.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    It's just EA games, apparently it's EA running the promotion.

No Madden 25? They're doing it in the US, hopefully they'll honour it here.

Call of Duty is by activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

i got my xbox one today i took the cod ghosts (download code) bundle because it was the only one available and they said it would be a while to get the just the console but i don't want cod ghosts does anyone want a trade? (have to be disc)

sky23 wrote: »
    i got my xbox one today i took the cod ghosts (download code) bundle because it was the only one available and they said it would be a while to get the just the console but i don't want cod ghosts does anyone want a trade? (have to be disc)

Place it on adverts.ie If you don't get a swap you can always just sell it and put money towards a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Place it on adverts.ie If you don't get a swap you can always just sell it and put money towards a new game.

thx i'll do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Rang Gamestop in Donaghmede this morning and they told me the 15 euro trade in finished on the 6th of December?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Nice one, there's a Dead Rising 3 demo

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

wexdevil wrote: »
    Nice one, there's a Dead Rising 3 demo

You'll love it!

I'm up to 18,000+ zombie kills and it still doesnt get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

trudub83 wrote: »
    You'll love it!

I'm up to 18,000+ zombie kills and it still doesnt get old.

on 13,000 myself

i loving getting TNT or fireworks running into the middle of a swarm and
    shoving it down a zombies throat.

and then boom happy days

co-op is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beautron

Just got me an eggsbox. Now to hope the OneGuide and proper Ireland voice recognition become a reality.
    Its a gamble

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Went to download the recent fifa update today and after it downloaded im getting prompted to install fifa. Somehow the update deleted fifa from my hard drive and iv got the re install it fully again :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Went to download the recent fifa update today and after it downloaded im getting prompted to install fifa. Somehow the update deleted fifa from my hard drive and iv got the re install it fully again :confused:

Sickener buddy :)

Have you come back from the stoneage so ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

miju wrote: »
    Sickener buddy :)

Have you come back from the stoneage so ? :)

Im back from the stoneage but with a knackered xbox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Can the xbox 360 and the xbox 1 be stored on their side instead of flat. Seen a fww holders on ebay that hold thwm that way just wondering if its a good idea to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

koppy wrote: »
    Can the xbox 360 and the xbox 1 be stored on their side instead of flat. Seen a fww holders on ebay that hold thwm that way just wondering if its a good idea to do so

If its not blocking the ventilation & you have no disc-based games its ok. Otherwise, no. The blu-ray drive was not built to be put on its side unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

The Xbox1 specifically says in the setup instructions not to store on its side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats the deal with the kinect as a microphone when playing online? Is it on by default?

Playing games like Fifa or AC4, and wanted to know if people can hear my conversations or if I'm disrupting peoples experiences while playing and chatting to people in the room :P

Whats the deal with the kinect as a microphone when playing online? Is it on by default?

Playing games like Fifa or AC4, and wanted to know if people can hear my conversations or if I'm disrupting peoples experiences while playing and chatting to people in the room :P

Yeah I think it's on my default if you don't have the headset plugged in. You can disable it as a mic under Settings> Kinect> Uncheck 'Use Kinect as a microphone'.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Ronan wrote: »
    The Xbox1 specifically says in the setup instructions not to store on its side.
    Thanks.

Thanks.

You CAN put it on its side, if you were going to have a digital downloaded game collection only and not use the disc tray. The only thing stopping it from being on its side is the disc tray.

""We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," he said. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both.""

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Absolutely loving my xbox one. Great machine.

currently stuck into forza 5 which is beautiful.

Best thing I ever won

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You CAN put it on its side, if you were going to have a digital downloaded game collection only and not use the disc tray. The only thing stopping it from being on its side is the disc tray.

""We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," he said. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both.""

Adding onto this. I dont have any discs for games but when i do need to install games & such I have a small tray I can put my xbox on when I need to have it horizontally. It works perfect.

Gers_punto wrote: »

Best thing I ever won

You won one? Where? You jammy f*ck! :D lol

• Advertisement

Gers_punto wrote: »

Best thing I ever won

Take your time with forza, they're making big changes to it soon, reducing the amount of cash it takes to buy cars and increasing the amount earned for wins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement