Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Take your time with forza, they're making big changes to it soon, reducing the amount of cash it takes to buy cars and increasing the amount earned for wins.

Some details of that here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16902-Turn-10-To-Issue-Forza-Motorsport-5-Update-With-Cheaper-Cars-and-New-Modes.html

They also admitted it wasn't M$ idea to include microtransactions in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I havent played my xbox one in a few days and when I went to today I got an update. Since the update, my xbox one seems to think that my tv is only capable of playing in 640x480. When I go into the display settings this is the only option I'm given. I end up with a rectangle screen that's about 7 inches. I've tried other hdmi ports on my tv to no avail. Anyone any ideas?

Nolimits wrote: »
    I havent played my xbox one in a few days and when I went to today I got an update. Since the update, my xbox one seems to think that my tv is only capable of playing in 640x480. When I go into the display settings this is the only option I'm given. I end up with a rectangle screen that's about 7 inches. I've tried other hdmi ports on my tv to no avail. Anyone any ideas?

set the pixels or what ever the setting is in the middle column to 24, also are you set to region ireland or uk? I noticed the UK one has more options on some screens like power settings for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

calex71 wrote: »
    set the pixels or what ever the setting is in the middle column to 24, also are you set to region ireland or uk? I noticed the UK one has more options on some screens like power settings for example.

After a lot of fiddling about with wired it just started working correctly just as quickly, I wish I knew what I did incase it happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

General Xbox 1 Question here???
    I have one (Fifa 14 bundle) ready for Xmas day for my teenage son. Given Fifa is probably 4-5 GB download, and that Xmas day will probably be a very heavy registration and download day, I'm thinking of unboxing and getting it setup in advance of the 25th.

Will the fact that I login with his gamer tag on the Xbox One, will this show up on his existing 360 profile ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hmm. Is it a day one edition? Only way I think he might be able to tell is if it's a day one and when you sign in as him to set it up, he gets the achievement. He might be able to see that if he looks at his achievement list - although I'm not 100% sure your games history for the One shows when you are browsing on the 360...

maximoose wrote: »
    Hmm. Is it a day one edition? Only way I think he might be able to tell is if it's a day one and when you sign in as him to set it up, he gets the achievement. He might be able to see that if he looks at his achievement list - although I'm not 100% sure your games history for the One shows when you are browsing on the 360...

You have to put in a code to get the achievement.

Oh yeah, forgot about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MisterDrak wrote: »
    General Xbox 1 Question here???
    I have one (Fifa 14 bundle) ready for Xmas day for my teenage son. Given Fifa is probably 4-5 GB download, and that Xmas day will probably be a very heavy registration and download day, I'm thinking of unboxing and getting it setup in advance of the 25th.

Will the fact that I login with his gamer tag on the Xbox One, will this show up on his existing 360 profile ????
    If you log in on the Xbox one, it shouldn't show up on his account - unless you 'accidentally' played a game of FIFA when logged in as him, you know, just to be sure that it was working, then that would show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just sitting here waiting for the UPS guy to deliver mine, ordered from the Microsoft store on Wednesday night.

Not sure whether to risk running up to Xtravision now and get Forza and trade in Madden 25 for the next gen version or wait until I get the console and run up then. Knowing my luck it'd show up in the 15 minutes I'd be gone :rolleyes:

Anyone have any idea what kind of value Gamestop or Xtravision would give me in store credit for Madden 25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Run up, while it's updating, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beautron

Just set my eggsbox up. Kinect and voice commands are pretty much faultless.
    The tv quality is, as some have mentioned, a bit jittery and grainy.
    Hopefully that gets sorted soon.

lovin kinect.

Hi obamers and the nsa

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ups man came, have the day off work and everything.

I was just delighted to see it boot up without any problems. 60% through the update in about 3 minutes.

If i sign up for xbox gold while logged in as in the uk instead of ireland will that fuk up me membership if i go back to irish log in at any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

beautron wrote: »
    If i sign up for xbox gold while logged in as in the uk instead of ireland will that fuk up me membership if i go back to irish log in at any point?
    I can't imagine it would do anything bad. If it did, people moving regions would be fecked. Someone'll confirm, I'm sure, but I'd reckon it safe tbh.

cheers Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

it wont let you buy anything because it will detect that the xbox isnt in the uk

ah ok Dunworth.
    But then can i log back in as in ireland and buy stuff, then switch back to uk to use voice commands?

ah ok Dunworth.
    But then can i log back in as in ireland and buy stuff, then switch back to uk to use voice commands?

yep you can i have done it works away

when you try to buy something it will prompt saying wrong region
    switch back to ireland buy/enter code

then switch back to uk

happy days

Happy days indeed

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I bought stuff from the US store no problem, much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

bush wrote: »
    I bought stuff from the US store no problem, much cheaper.

No problems yet. Its not a good idea though, MS have banned people for bypassing region locks before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have to say after 2 weeks of owning the xbox one I'm so happy I splashed out on it. Dead rising is so good and the amount of zombies on screen at once is unreal. I also have ghosts and battlefield and both do look and play great. My brother got the ps4 and he's delighted with that and I have to say it looks great also !! It's going to be great seeing where both companies go in the next few years and what great games come out on both consoles. It's a great time to be a gamer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Anyone else notice the little message from microsoft on the label under the batteries.. mine says hello from seattle

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the little message from microsoft on the label under the batteries.. mine says hello from seattle

So does mine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gers_punto wrote: »

Ha, nice. I didn't notice that one! There's another one on the back of the Xbox that says the same thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No problems yet. Its not a good idea though, MS have banned people for bypassing region locks before.
    Thats true,

I wonder how we stand now. Since all Xbox One games (on disc) are now region free. We can buy a game from any country in the world at much lower prices without violating any terms or conditions. I wonder does this mean MS will be more relaxed about us buying game downloads from the US store.

After usin me xbone for a few hours i went to the jacks and nearly said "xbox, take a sh*t".

if only.

Im gettin pretty used to this kinect carry-on
    :P

Not quite sure where to put this, so here will have to do

Amazon just sent me a £10 off code for Ghosts on Xb1, so if anyone is interested currently you could get it at £38.

Code is HV3Q-QL4X65-H4GLUL

Single use I'm assuming, first come first served!

• Advertisement

Thats true,

I wonder how we stand now. Since all Xbox One games (on disc) are now region free. We can buy a game from any country in the world at much lower prices without violating any terms or conditions. I wonder does this mean MS will be more relaxed about us buying game downloads from the US store.

this also means that gamestop can buy all there games in the for half the price and then ship them here and sell for full whack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement