Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I think someone should explain to Microsoft that 4oD is available in Ireland. Change your location to UK and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I think someone should explain to Microsoft that 4oD is available in Ireland. Change your location to UK and it works perfectly.

Shurra begorra dey can't understand a word we say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Shurra begorra dey can't understand a word we say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Where do you do that? On the box or online account?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

kleefarr wrote: »
    Where do you do that? On the box or online account?
    On the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

wexdevil wrote: »
    On the xbox

Only xbox 1 or on xbox 360 as well?

kleefarr wrote: »
    Only xbox 1 or on xbox 360 as well?

I think on the 360 it has to be the account that is changed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Got max:the curse of brotherhood today, it's very addictive! Great game to chill out and burn time with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

My xbox one is starting to quit games and go back to the dashboard, happened on fifa and forza a few times. Is it happening to anyone else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    My xbox one is starting to quit games and go back to the dashboard, happened on fifa and forza a few times. Is it happening to anyone else?

Has happened my brother three times in the last two days on Assassins Creed. Mainly when he's playing online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Got max:the curse of brotherhood today, it's very addictive! Great game to chill out and burn time with

Picked it up aswell , very pretty game from the little i played.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'm getting pretty fed up of the X1 now, thank god I kept my 360 and I've been playing away some great games on that but then I read there's a new patch that might make BF4 stable so I fire up the X1 and it goes like this:

Download another 600MB BF4 patch?
    Yeah sure why not, I'll play Forza for a while.
    Download a 400MB Forza patch?
    Cancel, I don't need that downloading while I play BF4, I'll watch a Bluray instead.
    Download a 28MB Bluray patch?
    Fine, just get it over with.

So I'm on the apps window, it queues BF4 and starts the BR patch which gets to 3% then swaps back to BF4.
    -sigh- I tell it to resume BR patch.
    It gets to 37% and then swaps back to BF4 again.
    OK I'm doing something wrong so I tell it to Pause the BF4 patch and Resume BR patch.
    BR patch gets 62% and swaps back to BF4 :mad:

So I turn the ****ING thing off, go back to Saints Row 4 and throw some cars at people I imagine to be X1 programmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Why not pause the downloads that you don't want straight away so the one you want speeds up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

Has happened my brother three times in the last two days on Assassins Creed. Mainly when he's playing online.

found out that you need to plug it out and reset it, something about RAM filling up..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm getting pretty fed up of the X1 now, thank god I kept my 360 and I've been playing away some great games on that but then I read there's a new patch that might make BF4 stable so I fire up the X1 and it goes like this:

Download another 600MB BF4 patch?
    Yeah sure why not, I'll play Forza for a while.
    Download a 400MB Forza patch?
    Cancel, I don't need that downloading while I play BF4, I'll watch a Bluray instead.
    Download a 28MB Bluray patch?
    Fine, just get it over with.

So I'm on the apps window, it queues BF4 and starts the BR patch which gets to 3% then swaps back to BF4.
    -sigh- I tell it to resume BR patch.
    It gets to 37% and then swaps back to BF4 again.
    OK I'm doing something wrong so I tell it to Pause the BF4 patch and Resume BR patch.
    BR patch gets 62% and swaps back to BF4 :mad:

So I turn the ****ING thing off, go back to Saints Row 4 and throw some cars at people I imagine to be X1 programmers.

Are you completely powering off the x1 every time? When I log on it asks me do I want to install the patches and it only takes a minute or so, I'm assuming it downloaded them while in standby mode.

Got a new TV earlier and did the calibration in settings and I'm not 100% happy with the image. Followed the instructions very carefully and oculd adjust far more than my old TV even the blue rgb setting.

I guess what bothers me after doing it is that the colors seem a little washed out and not as vivid as they should be, simply upping the color setting isn't good enough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Got a new TV earlier and did the calibration in settings and I'm not 100% happy with the image. Followed the instructions very carefully and oculd adjust far more than my old TV even the blue rgb setting.

I guess what bothers me after doing it is that the colors seem a little washed out and not as vivid as they should be, simply upping the color setting isn't good enough imo.
    i found the same thing.
    Try changing the color mode to something like vivid if available or warm1 or warm 2 this lifts the colors. The image modes above may be called something different on your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Why not pause the downloads that you don't want straight away so the one you want speeds up
    For some reason it wouldn't let me, it just kept restarting the BF4 patch without letting the small bluray patch download, I have them downloaded now but it was really annoying!
    Are you completely powering off the x1 every time? When I log on it asks me do I want to install the patches and it only takes a minute or so, I'm assuming it downloaded them while in standby mode.
    Yeah I don't use standby mode because I switch everything off at night anyway but your right it would have downloaded them and saved me some hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone know if Smyths are excepting Xbox One games for trade in?

For those who are interested it seems Halo Spartan Assault is live on the marketplace, I already have it on W8 so it only costs me €4.99 for those who don't already own it, it's €14.99 and the install size is 2.53gb :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

calex71 wrote: »
    10 days for me every time, though i know others who have waited 3 weeks, I haven't order much from them but there were a few things and it was stated when ordering that " this item will not be dispatched for 6-10 days" Had one thing dispatched yesterday which was 10 days after i ordered it.

girlfriend just texted me, a christmas miracle, the games have arrived :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

peteeeed wrote: »
    girlfriend just texted me, a christmas festivus miracle, the games have arrived :)
    FYP.

(It's December 23rd, after all).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Just got a text from Smyths warning that an update had to download before playing...fair play helping the useless Santas out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I see the Xbox Video app was updated and they are now renting / selling TV shows.

Mostly Warner Bros stuff and BBC stuff, had a quick look around, Supernatural, Friends, Doctor Who, Luther, Big Bang Theory, Chuck etc.....

The 50th Anniversary Ep of Dr Who was €2.99 to keep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wexdevil wrote: »
    For those who are interested it seems Halo Spartan Assault is live on the marketplace, I already have it on W8 so it only costs me €4.99 for those who don't already own it, it's €14.99 and the install size is 2.53gb :)

Whats it like ? I'll probably download it anyways later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Never played a lego game but gonna pick this up based on reviews and the price

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Never played a lego game but gonna pick this up based on reviews and the price

Be warned it's a massive grind to get 100% and a little frustrating because of the flying races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

PinkFly wrote: »
    Just got a text from Smyths warning that an update had to download before playing...fair play helping the useless Santas out there :)

Ha!...i got the same text message for the PS4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just to know on the Lego Marvel it is today only, deal of the day type thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement