Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

syboit wrote: »
    Whats it like ? I'll probably download it anyways later.

It's a fun enough little game. I really like the look of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What's the install time for RYSE. It's been 1 1\2 hrs now and only at 2%....

Download or disc? Don't have it myself so not sure if there were any updates or not for it, those can be quite big.

Installing from disc. It told me there was an update alright but the game is shockingly slow to install.

Should only take 30-45 minutes for the actual install then depending on broadband speed and size of update for the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

calex71 wrote: »
    Should only take 30-45 minutes for the actual install then depending on broadband speed and size of update for the download.

Maybe I misunderstood: Are you saying that it takes 45 minutes to install a game from a disc (excluding download of any updates)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Maybe I misunderstood: Are you saying that it takes 45 minutes to install a game from a disc (excluding download of any updates)?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Thats actually the patch installing that is what is making it take so long to install so blame your internet lol it doesn't actually start installing from disk until the patch is downloaded, it doesn't indicate it you just see installing and the percentage but the install will speed up when the patch is downloaded and it starts installing from disc

3rdDegree wrote: »

Thanks

I think he probably thought you bought it as a download on xbox live. for me the disc takes maybe 15 mins to install but as i said in my prevoius post its actually the patch downloading that makes the install appear slow because it just indicates it installing it will speed up when the patch is downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

People should connect only to get the day 1 update, and then go offline and just install the game if a disc copy, and play. I wouldn't be happy to download a huge update to get to play the game. Sure, if the game seems broken to the point you need the update, go for it then but at least then you'll know exactly where you stand in terms of the update itself, and you know you have no choice but to wait for it to be done.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    People should connect only to get the day 1 update, and then go offline and just install the game if a disc copy, and play. I wouldn't be happy to download a huge update to get to play the game. Sure, if the game seems broken to the point you need the update, go for it then but at least then you'll know exactly where you stand in terms of the update itself, and you know you have no choice but to wait for it to be done.

it wouldn't be so bad if you could play while the patch is downloading and then you get the fixes next time to play after its downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Quick question. Originally the plan was to use the same xbox live account on my xbox one and my younger brother's 360, but it now turns out that the parents are getting him a one for his birthday.

I have COD Ghosts downloaded on the profile, and he'll continue to use this profile because he's insisting on all his gamerscore and his friends or something, I don't really mind as I don't have much save game to transfer anyways.

The question is though, will he be able to play Ghosts logged into the account on his one at the same time if I was to play it on my new xbox live account, seeing as it's also on my xbox?

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Quick question. Originally the plan was to use the same xbox live account on my xbox one and my younger brother's 360, but it now turns out that the parents are getting him a one for his birthday.

I have COD Ghosts downloaded on the profile, and he'll continue to use this profile because he's insisting on all his gamerscore and his friends or something, I don't really mind as I don't have much save game to transfer anyways.

The question is though, will he be able to play Ghosts logged into the account on his one at the same time if I was to play it on my new xbox live account, seeing as it's also on my xbox?
    I'm confused with whos account is doing what. Here's the short of it. Anybody can have their account run on their 360 and their One simultaneously. You can't have it run on two 360s or two Ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

How do i get to download the free games with xbox live? I entered the code for the gold membership and im lost now :(

PinkFly wrote: »
    How do i get to download the free games with xbox live? I entered the code for the gold membership and im lost now :(

I think thats for xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm confused with whos account is doing what. Here's the short of it. Anybody can have their account run on their 360 and their One simultaneously. You can't have it run on two 360s or two Ones though.

It'll be two different live accounts on two different xbox ones.

But basically, the game was downloaded under his account on my xbox one, but you can still play the game on my account because it was downloaded to my xbox.

But will he be able to play it on his xbox one at the same time as I'm playing it.

Pretty sure the game is tied to the account of the purchaser, so you'll only be able to play it when both your tags are on the one console. If he recovers his tag on the other console, don't think you'll have access to it any more. Again, a game is the property of a person, not a console.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    It'll be two different live accounts on two different xbox ones.

But basically, the game was downloaded under his account on my xbox one, but you can still play the game on my account because it was downloaded to my xbox.

But will he be able to play it on his xbox one at the same time as I'm playing it.

I really don't know but logic tells me that they would not allow two people on separate consoles to play the same purchased game at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Heys guys im setting up my little brothers xbox 1 and it came up with a random gamertag and then i tried to change it and its saying i have to pay to change it is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You should have been able to set one initially but you do have to pay for name changes

sky88 wrote: »
    Heys guys im setting up my little brothers xbox 1 and it came up with a random gamertag and then i tried to change it and its saying i have to pay to change it is this right?
    If you *just made it* then just make another rather than pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It didnt come up for me to make one myself i signed into the account then it just came up with the random gamertag didnt give me chance to change it during set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

sky88 wrote: »
    It didnt come up for me to make one myself i signed into the account then it just came up with the random gamertag didnt give me chance to change it during set up
    If Live generated a gamertag for you, the first change is free

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

My friends kids got an Xbox one from santa, the games installed but they wont play any ideas ?

My friends kids got an Xbox one from santa, the games installed but they wont play any ideas ?

Disc needs to be in the drive is one reason but it would pop up and tell you that if it was the case, it's been connected to the internet and all updates needed installed?

I have issue every now and then with some games where when I launch them it pops up for 3-4 seconds and goes back out to the dashboard, usually unplugging for 10 -15 seconds fixes it.

Other than that more info needed.

I'll pass that on about the updates, how long do they take on the xbox ?

I'll pass that on about the updates, how long do they take on the xbox ?

As fast as the internet downloading them really.

does it start automatically or do you have to start it manually ?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

I have had both consoles using the same account at the same time as I used party chat on the 360 to chat with my friends while I played fifa on my One.

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    I have had both consoles using the same account at the same time as I used party chat on the 360 to chat with my friends while I played fifa on my One.
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. One account can be on one of each console, not both of either.

does it start automatically or do you have to start it manually ?

Game updates should pop up letting you know there's an update available (if it's connected to the internet) once you launch the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Forza 5 - how do you activate a second controller in Free Play. Can't get it to recognise second controller. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement