Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Really enjoying my Xbox One I have to say.

One thing is a bit of a worry though, I can't seem to play either of my EA games, Battlefield or FIFA 14, online. I can't sign in to the EA servers on FIFA, and the one time I did I got kicked out after 10mins, and Battlefield won't let me join a game or look at the BattleLog. Is this because I am downloading Forza 5 in the background? I noticed that when I tried to play online it didn't stop the download like it would on 360, so is this the reason for my online problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Do fight sticks or steering wheels work yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Really enjoying my Xbox One I have to say.

One thing is a bit of a worry though, I can't seem to play either of my EA games, Battlefield or FIFA 14, online. I can't sign in to the EA servers on FIFA, and the one time I did I got kicked out after 10mins, and Battlefield won't let me join a game or look at the BattleLog. Is this because I am downloading Forza 5 in the background? I noticed that when I tried to play online it didn't stop the download like it would on 360, so is this the reason for my online problems?

Yeah I'd suggest finishing a download before you head into a game. Surprised that it didnt pause the download though.

Oh and by the way, pause the download by using the start button while on the selected tile (or Menu button now) and select pause. Found that pretty counter intuitive when I first tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

For me so far its the sheer potential of the console and the kinnect that excites me, connecting it to the tv is a brilliant quick and seamless feature! The fact that i can now turn on my xbox and the tv at the same time by using my voice is an amazing feature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Forza 5 - how do you activate a second controller in Free Play. Can't get it to recognise second controller. Thanks
    You may have figured it out but just in case.... You have to sign the second person in to he Xbox on the home screen, either on their gamer tag or as a guest

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Thanks Mitch, no I had not figured it out. I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Thanks Mitch, worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

My son started using new FIFA14 Ultimate Team on XBox1 yesterday, however he has been getting this error when trying access Ultimate Team :

"We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA14 Ultimate Team. You will be returned to the FIFA14 main menu".

This worked fine for him on FIFA14 on XBox360

He is adamant he was never banned and there's no email correspondence to back this up.

Anyone offer any help ?

Thanks.

There are thousands of other people trying the same thing. Its probably just the server being incapable of handling X amount of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

miralize wrote: »
    There are thousands of other people trying the same thing. Its probably just the server being incapable of handling X amount of people.

Thanks. That was our initial thought, but it's gone on since yesterday so he thought it must be something else.

We'll keep trying.

Edit : Seems his brother can get in on a different account, but he can't so must be something else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Hi all. Now that Christmas has come and gone, anyone get a One from the US? I'm in NYC but move between here and Ireland frequently with work, and was wondering if there's any issues other than region settings that I should be worried about? Picking up a One this week.

EDIT: I'll answer this one myself, power bricks aren't dual voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm selling FIFA, fcuking sick of all the twats looking at the replays of all their ****ty little tap ins.

I'm selling FIFA, fcuking sick of all the twats looking at the replays of all their ****ty little tap ins.

U mad bro

:pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

get good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    get good

Doesn't matter the game is full of bellends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Doesn't matter the game is full of bellends.

I have come across a fair few as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Every FIFA is the same in that regard, no? Rage quitters, chip through ball every time, salivating over their own replays.

This is still the best FIFA I've ever played though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FIFA will always attract the worst community because a huge percentage of it's player base aren't gamers, they are football fans. And football fans can be some of the worst people ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Can someone tell me, if I add someone as a friend on Xbox live do they have to accept you or are you just friends until one of you cancel it? Nobody has ever requested me so I'm just curious as to how it works!

And also, if I put the headset on I can't hear anything from other players. Any idea why? I was playing Forza and could kinda hear one fella in my first race but nothing in the next 5 or 6 races. And sometimes a picture of a mic comes up with a name beside it (I assume that means they're talking) but still can't hear anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I've got a Gamestop voucher. Any good Xbox One game deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Can someone tell me, if I add someone as a friend on Xbox live do they have to accept you or are you just friends until one of you cancel it? Nobody has ever requested me so I'm just curious as to how it works!
    On the 360 it was request and accept. Now on the one it seems that you "follow" someone and then only become friends when they follow you back. Or at least that's how I understand it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

shuffles03 wrote: »

You won't get any sales or discounts on next gen games for a while.

Does anyone know if places are selling the plug and play kits yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Do you mean the battery and charger cable? If so, think I seen them in Gamestop for about €25, or €75 with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Picked one up in Smyths €24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

$75 with a controller in GameStop, nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

shuffles03 wrote: »

There are good deals on PS3/360 games on the Gaming Bargain thread. If you still have them

They'd none in stock in the local Gamestop and Xtravision/HMV haven't had them in yet.

I'll try Smyths next week then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Controllers are pricey enough, I'm gonna wait till the unofficial ones start appearing before I pickup a second I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement