Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm selling FIFA, fcuking sick of all the twats looking at the replays of all their ****ty little tap ins.

Sold for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Sold for €40

Glad you kept us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Does anyone know if there is a way to mute everyone but you're friends list? I hate that "Use kinect for voice chat" is set to "Yes" by default, because Battlefield 4 can get really annoying when you can hear background noise from people who haven't turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Can't believe it won't play any videos from my network drive or from a connected usb stick.... my mobile phone can do it and so can the 360. Come on Microsoft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

markad1 wrote: »
    Can't believe it won't play any videos from my network drive or from a connected usb stick.... my mobile phone can do it and so can the 360. Come on Microsoft!

You can stream to the One from the network but there has to be an app on the other end that will do it, on windows 8.1 you have play to function which is just poo, my phone has an app that will stream to a dlna device and works with the one but is hell on the battery for a 2 hour movie, would make far more sense to connect it to the one via usb, even my TV can see a LAN share or USB device, which fortunately negates the need for the one to be albe to but for all their touting of the one being at the centre of the entertainment experience pre-launch they sure didn't deliver much to us.

No one guide support and I doubt we will ever see it , no cd ripping or ability to store music on the one directly as they want to push their own service .... which actually is ok I'll give that to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Does the xbox one take up more internet. Since we started using it or internet speed on laptop is a lot slower

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

koppy wrote: »
    Does the xbox one take up more internet. Since we started using it or internet speed on laptop is a lot slower

from my experience yes defiantly

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Bought Max The Curse of Brotherhood the other day and really liked it. Only €15 in the Xbox store.
    Not the longest game ever finished the main story in about 5-6 hours I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Is lego marvel worth getting or is it bit easy and basic?

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is lego marvel worth getting or is it bit easy and basic?

39.99 in argos still, and yeah it's easy for the most part but some of the races will frustrate the hell out of you, and it's a bit of a grind if going for 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

calex71 wrote: »
    39.99 in argos still, and yeah it's easy for the most part but some of the races will frustrate the hell out of you, and it's a bit of a grind if going for 100%

Is it more suited kids so? Big marvel fan but doesnt look too challenging

Cotts wrote: »
    Is it more suited kids so? Big marvel fan but doesnt look too challenging

lmao also suited to big kids, I'm 33 and have played and enjoyed them all :D

It's not as good as the DC one, and lighter on humour than the other ones, actually some of them are on deal of the week for 360 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Might invest while its cheap in argos! Hopefully they'll release a marvel alliance in the next gen over the coming year!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cotts wrote: »
    Might invest while its cheap in argos! Hopefully they'll release a marvel alliance in the next gen over the coming year!

It's gone back up to 68.99, I picked it up Saturday for 39.99.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1929025.htm

Is anyone have a problem where the screen goes a fuzzy green colours then then the telly goes blank, re-adjusts then goes back to normal. It's when using sky. Any cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Is anyone have a problem where the screen goes a fuzzy green colours then then the telly goes blank, re-adjusts then goes back to normal. It's when using sky. Any cure?

I haven't seen or heard of that but it sounds like a possible cable/hdmi issue (hopefully not the input on the Xbox)? Have you tried swapping cables around? Is the Sky box ok when connected straight to the TV etc?

Knew i should have pulled the trigger on that while it was cheap given the trade in prices /sad trombone

that happened to me when i had my media player hooked up to my xb1 goes blank and readjusts back to normal like that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

sky23 wrote: »
    that happened to me when i had my media player hooked up to my xb1 goes blank and readjusts back to normal like that

That's probably the well known 50hz vs 60hz issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Achilles wrote: »
    sky23 wrote:

It might not be the 50Hz / 60 Hz issue, it also happens to my Xbox One without anything plugged into HDMI-In: after about 1 hour, the screen goes blank and sound drops (for about 1-2 seconds) then returns to normal.

Talking to Xbox Support they recommended trying this article to see if it helped, but no joy and the issue is still ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Achilles wrote: »

Which is a ridiculous oversight and I'm worried that MS haven't patched it yet! Please don't be a hardware issue as that will definitely rule me out of getting an x1.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Still showing as 39.99 on Argos for me. Says on sale until 17/1.

Just bought from Amazon for 38.46 though!

dbloke wrote: »
    Still showing as 39.99 on Argos for me. Says on sale until 17/1.

Just bought from Amazon for 38.46 though!

Just reserved it, Finished assassins creed campaign so need something to keep me occupied! Tempted by Ryse aswell tho, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've seen lots of people say that Ryse is a lot better than the reviews let on, particularly the ending. Though its apparently very short.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Tempted by Ryse aswell tho, any good?

absolutely worth getting! you won't regret it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There does seem to be a lot of Ryse love on here lately, might give it a go after I'm done with NFS.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I've seen lots of people say that Ryse is a lot better than the reviews let on, particularly the ending. Though its apparently very short.

I certainly wouldn't call it short about the right amount to satisfy me i think. its quality rather than quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    There does seem to be a lot of Ryse love on here lately, might give it a go.

It is a shallow game, probably over fairly quickly, and some of the set piece moments suck (throwing spears and manning turrets) but it sure does look nice and is fun and engaging enough to play.

If you have played the batman games, and enjoyed the fighting in it, you will probably likeRyse, as that is pretty much all the game is. Attack, attack, block, roll, attack, attack. rinse and very much repeat.

I really enjoy it, but I got it as a present - not sure I could justify having spent the full price on it myself.

What about COD: ghosts any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

ghost is the worst cod so far, i cant get into it myself, so much camping in it its crazy, maps are huge, i prefer a rushing style of play but its impossible with the window warriors in it and quick scopers.
    i miss my 360 for mw3 and black ops 1 and 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement