Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just finished dead rising and I have to say it was great.Very worthwhile and just want to get the mega man blaster now. Anybody know how to unlock this ? And any advice to my next game ? I hot 120 worth of vouchers for xtravision for Christmas so they must be spent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Nazzu wrote: »
    Unfortunately the game has yet to be given a EU release date, only a US and AU.

Its region free isn't ? just Import it from US.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

I am not really that interested the game to be importing it, plus I know it usually happens at the start of a consoles release, but having to wait over 3 months to be able to go into a store to buy a new game after launch is a bit disheartening, the lack of any clear time frame for upcoming games is worrying for me as well, we only know for sure dates for 3 games that will be new and not ports or live games coming out so far this year, Thief, Titanfall and Destiny in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Its region free isn't ? just Import it from US.

Or just purchase digitally from the U.S Xbox Live store :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Picked up an XB1 last week, really enjoying it so far. I set up a new GT if anyone wants to add me.

Flava Sanchez 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I was wondering can someone help me out or has anyone experienced the same issue.

When playing Dead Rising my TV is cutting a small bit off the corners of the screen, nothing significnat but enought to notice it.

The TV is relatively old at this stage but I didn't notice it doing it on COD or Fifa.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Vudgie wrote: »
    I was wondering can someone help me out or has anyone experienced the same issue.

When playing Dead Rising my TV is cutting a small bit off the corners of the screen, nothing significnat but enought to notice it.

The TV is relatively old at this stage but I didn't notice it doing it on COD or Fifa.

Thanks

Had that problem with peggle 2 but not with DR3 , setting the aspect ratio to screen fit sorted it and made it so I could see the green border when doing the display calibration in the setting on the XB

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

Hi Lads,

Any one know the best place to buy a xbox one? (looking for the best deal with COD and maybe and extra controller)

pires wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Any one know the best place to buy a xbox one? (looking for the best deal with COD and maybe and extra controller)

Smyths have Xbox One with digital redemption code for CoD: Ghosts for €529.99 & buy an Xbox One controller separate for €54.99 = €584.98

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

DaLad wrote: »
    Smyths have Xbox One with digital redemption code for CoD: Ghosts for €529.99 & buy an Xbox One controller separate for €54.99 = €584.98

Hi DaLad,

Thanks for that...

Would any one heard about a diferent version with a bigger HDD coming any time soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

No word on new revisions. I'd honestly be surprised to hear of one as soon as E3 or this year, generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did anyone get a kinect stand for their TV?

Been mulling over this one but reviews still seem mixed

maximoose wrote: »
    Did anyone get a kinect stand for their TV?

Been mulling over this one but reviews still seem mixed

I have one , and it's 2 pounds cheaper than it was when I got mine last week :mad:

I'm happy with it for what it is, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Xbox One has sold 3 million units in 2013. That's a very impressive number with all the bad press they had after E3 last year.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you
    Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November. Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible.

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-one-game-sharing
    When you configure a console as your home Xbox, any user that signs in to that Xbox One can play any of your downloaded games without having to first sign in as you.

That means that the converse is also true: On a non-home Xbox One, users will need to sign-in as you before they can play any of your downloaded games.

So here's the trick, assuming you have two Xbox Ones: Configure the Xbox One you don't usually use as your home Xbox. The other player will be able to play your games automatically and you will be able to play their games automatically, each on your own console.

It's that simple.

To make it work, user one signs in to console two with their Microsoft account/Gamertag credentials and configures that console as their home Xbox in Settings, My Home Xbox. User two, meanwhile, will sign in to console one with their Microsoft account/Gamertag and configure that console as their home Xbox.

Once this has happened, any user on either of the consoles can download and install the other user's games. They appear at the end of the Games & Apps list with little cloud icons on their tiles.

Pushtrak wrote: »

Hmmmm intriguing, I must try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Pushtrak wrote: »

Tried this out earlier, can confirm it works with no bother. Even when playing the game at the same time on the two consoles.

Happy days.

Now the question is what happens if you change your password will it void this??????

I wouldn't mind doing this for a pal , but I don't want them having permanent access to my password.

calex71 wrote: »
    Now the question is what happens if you change your password will it void this??????

I wouldn't mind doing this for a pal , but I don't want them having permanent access to my password.

That's the only problem I have lol.

I'd imagine it would need re-entering of the new password if it were changed.

Yep, any auto sign in stuff would be stopped by password changes.
    They wouldn't really have access to your password in the sense:

1) They wouldn't know what it was.
    2) They wouldn't be able to change it.

Now, you could make the case if you have your card details on your system they could go off and buy stuff on the Xbox with it, but honestly that's just about only letting someone you trust have your profile on their system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

In theory they wouldn't need your password. You log on to their Xbox once, designate it as your home XBox and then can probably even delete your profile from the box or just set a passcode on your account so they can't log in as you.

Because it is listed by Microsoft as your home console, when you by anything online or at your 'non-home' Xbox it will show up as available to download on your 'home' xbox for anyone on that box.

Haven't tried it to confirm yet, but that's how it should work.

Although the down side of this is if you or your friend let your Gold lapse, then anyone else on that person's 'home' Xbox will need their own Gold account to do multiplayer or Netflix, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

DaLad wrote: »
    That's the only problem I have lol.

I'd imagine it would need re-entering of the new password if it were changed.
    In theory they wouldn't need your password. You log on to their Xbox once, designate it as your home XBox and then can probably even delete your profile from the box or just set a passcode on your account so they can't log in as you.

Because it is listed by Microsoft as your home console, when you by anything online or at your 'non-home' Xbox it will show up as available to download on your 'home' xbox for anyone on that box.

Haven't tried it to confirm yet, but that's how it should work.

Although the down side of this is if you or your friend let your Gold lapse, then anyone else on that person's 'home' Xbox will need their own Gold account to do multiplayer or Netflix, etc.

Yeah that's what I did, I just deleted my account of the other xbox as soon as we had set them as the home xbox and no bother. I'll just sign back in and delete it again if I/he buy something to download again.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Lads, I need help, so basically I love my 360, its great, I've had 2 ps3s and I sold both because I just couldn't get into them at all.
    But now I can't decide which one to get. Now the reasons why I want a ps4 is because it's obviously cheaper and a little more powerfull and is not so much a media centre as the xbox one.

What's dragging me to the xbox one is forza 5 and the controller, literally that is it, oh and my account since I've aquired some gamer score on it but mainly because I love the acount and the name.

Forza is something I really want to play, but it's not the game I expected it to be so that's kind of dissapointing, but it is probably due to the wanting to realease it on the launch date.

What I don't like is the whole kinnect business, I'm sure it's great once you learn to use it, but I just don't like the idea or concept of it at all. And to me it kinda seems like Microsoft are in it for the money ( i love microsoft aside from that).

Really hard choice for me, and I dunno what to do, I came here for an answer because I didn't want to post on the Ps4 forum to just hear ps4 is great you should def get it, its awesome and so on. I'd like an honest opinion from the xbox guys.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

vlad2009 wrote: »
    What's dragging me to the xbox one is forza 5 and the controller, literally that is it, oh and my account since I've aquired some gamer score on it but mainly because I love the acount and the name.

Forza is something I really want to play, but it's not the game I expected it to be so that's kind of dissapointing, but it is probably due to the wanting to realease it on the launch date.

"For me" Forza 5 is a pretty sizable let down compared to 4 and is the only reason I bought the Xbone this early. My advise would be to hold out until this generation takes hold and starts delivering the goods.

Yes i haven't played it yet but I feel that way already. Also I don't know how long I can hold out to be honest, I'm trying to hold out untill feb 22 when Driveclub is released for the ps4, but that is a long wait.

I've got a tough long month in college which would make that wait even longer.

I'm considering just buying something for the 360 to keep me occupied like bf4 or something, as forza 4 is a bit lame lately, don't get me wrong I love it but I've been playing it waaay too much, and it's becoming one of those over and over games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I was the same as you Vlad, I wanted Forza and the PS4 had no proper driving games. If GT6 was on the PS4 it would have been a tough choice. I'm delighted with my xbox. I've had every playstation so far and was never much of an Xbox fan but I love it.

Forza is absolutely unreal, only downside is the lack of tracks but most races are 3 or so laps , so I don't find myself getting sick of them. I also love trying to beat all my friends times (bit of an online game newb here :o). But other than the looks I've never experienced speed like it. In GT it just felt like you were either moving or not, but in Forza even slight upgrades can be noticed without looking at the speedo

Dead rising is great craic too, that's passed a good few hours for me. I got BF4 and COD today as late Xmas presents and so far BF is brill. Mine hasn't crashed at all yet. Only problem in having is not being able to kill anyone in the online mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played Forza for the first time in a bout a fortnight after playing NFS all that time. Took some time to get used to the handling again, kept hitting A for nos :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ye that's what I love about forza! it's great. I remember playing gt5 and it Kay aswell be a boat racing game, I think it's too much, but I haven't yet tried out gt6. I also heard a rumour that grand truismo 7 will be out very early this year for the new consoles.

also hearing loads of stuff about the ps4 controller thumbsticks being worn out very fast, which kinda puts me off it. really don't know which to pick, but I will try give it a little more time and hopefully the xbox had produced something that will convince me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Lads, I need help, so basically I love my 360, its great, I've had 2 ps3s and I sold both because I just couldn't get into them at all.
    But now I can't decide which one to get. Now the reasons why I want a ps4 is because it's obviously cheaper and a little more powerfull and is not so much a media centre as the xbox one.

What I don't like is the whole kinnect business, I'm sure it's great once you learn to use it, but I just don't like the idea or concept of it at all. And to me it kinda seems like Microsoft are in it for the money ( i love microsoft aside from that).

Really hard choice for me, and I dunno what to do, I came here for an answer because I didn't want to post on the Ps4 forum to just hear ps4 is great you should def get it, its awesome and so on. I'd like an honest opinion from the xbox guys.

Thanks

The most sensible thing to do? Wait another 6 to 12 months. Everyone will have a clearer picture of what the systems are capable of by then.

Also, another sensible response is to buy whichever system your friends are buying.

Of course, I'm not sensible, so I bought an Xbox One at Launch, and I don't regret it. Haven't played it as much as I would want, but that's not the Ones fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement