Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I was absolutely against the Kinect when it was announced as mandatory. It's not perfect, but i find it so useful for navigating around the OS. I bought the PS4 on launch, but went to the Xbox for the controller like you, again its not perfect (the bumpers are disappointing), but I still find it more comfortable for me, than the PS4 DS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Whitten also revealed during an interview with the site that a major update is imminent. It will address some concerns owners have had about social features and access on the new console. "The feedback we've gotten is pretty valid; some of the social stuff is hidden or harder to use than it was on the Xbox 360. So you're going to see us come out with an update where, well, we're going to fix those things," he revealed.

"As a person who's been pretty involved in building Xbox Live for the last decade, I take it pretty seriously when people say it's harder to get into a party, and the defaults aren't right, and I don't like the model. So what I'm trying to do with the team is kind of theme some stuff up.

"Let's take an update and really go through a big list of what we're hearing from customers, what we know is broken with the architecture, areas that we want to improve or complete. I think that's a theme you'll really see us push on, that Live experience."

This all sounds very positive, I hope they follow through on it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

peteeeed wrote: »

Have to say I am disappointed it's not already bundled because for me that was a major selling point but better late than never

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

miju wrote: »
    Have to say I am disappointed it's not already bundled because for me that was a major selling point but better late than never
    Ah bugger. When I read Game Streaming on Engadget, I had thought it meant something similar to Gaikai / PlayStation Now or OnLive. It's just live streaming gameplay.

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but I don't see the point of it. Who wants to switch on the console to watch someone else playing a game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah bugger. When I read Game Streaming on Engadget, I had thought it meant something similar to Gaikai / PlayStation Now or OnLive. It's just live streaming gameplay.

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but I don't see the point of it. Who wants to switch on the console to watch someone else playing a game?

Ugh, I thought the same! So this is just to watch a live stream of someone else playing? Boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah boo! I thought it was the same as well.

I can see two sides to the whole watching streams argument though. personally I dont have enough disposable time game as much as I'd like, so I won't be spending much time watching others play.

However, I did watch the live Black Ops 2 tournament last year, and you can learn an awful lot of spots and tips from watching the pros play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

You can do it on the PS4 and watch, but honestly it's pretty pointless. Except if your friend happens to be doing it, you can join his session right then and there or just comment him abuse on what he's doing.

Also, the sooner they update the friends and party system, the better. its woegeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Also, the sooner they update the friends and party system, the better. its woegeous.

It's definitely on their agenda http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17028-Major-Xbox-One-UI-and-XBL-Functionality-Updates-Planned.html

sooner it's fixed scrapped and implemented as well as it or just like it was on 360 the better. Might be too much to ask for cross platform chat but I'd like to see that too.

But again what we want and what they think we want and what they think we should have are 99% different from the looks of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Anyone know what percent Lego Marvel can be played at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Was given a €150 Gamestop voucher. No idea what to spend it on but don't want to waste it just for the sake of using it. I currently have Ryse, FIFA, Forza and ACIV Buccaneer. Is there anything worth spending it in or hold off for a few months?

I was thinking, 12 month live subscription and Dead Rising 3. That would leave €30 left roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Was given a €150 Gamestop voucher. No idea what to spend it on but don't want to waste it just for the sake of using it. I currently have Ryse, FIFA, Forza and ACIV Buccaneer. Is there anything worth spending it in or hold off for a few months?

I was thinking, 12 month live subscription and Dead Rising 3. That would leave €30 left roughly.

I would keep it for the time being. If it was me I would splash out on the Turtle Beach Titanfall headset when it's released.

I would keep it for the time being. If it was me I would splash out on the Turtle Beach Titanfall headset when it's released.

Yeah, I'd wait for a headset too. Or maybe titanfall, a second controller and a play and charge kit.

Wasting it buying a 12 month sub when they can be got much cheaper online, I'd say as others have said wait until march there are a few new games scheduled for then like titan fall and watchdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

There are games such as Titanfall and Watchdogs which come out in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Don't forget Thief is out in February too, I'm looking forward to that: http://ie.ign.com/games/thief-4/xbox-one-14340784

Oh and don't go paying more than circa 35 for a live subscription, 60 quid is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Pushtrak wrote: »

The witcher 3 is a day one for me, most of the others I'm still on the fence about , Below was new to me in that article though looks interesting and one I'd like to see more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

calex71 wrote: »
    The witcher 3 is a day one for me, most of the others I'm still on the fence about , Below was new to me in that article though looks interesting and one I'd like to see more of.
    Yeah, reckon the witcher 3 will be one of the safe ones. I don't think I'll get DA 3 on release despite the fact its probably one of the safe ones. I'll wait for an Ultimate Edition. They have shown themselves to release some terrible content for DLC and I don't want to pay extra for it. Will wait for it to come as one so I don't feel like I paid for the crap but can still get the achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

I wonder will they bundle the headset with Titanfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This guy has played the demo twice and describes the game very well.

Posted over in the other thread, but I only just found out Titanfall has no single player campaign so it's back on the fence until demo/review time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

calex71 wrote: »
    Posted over in the other thread, but I only just found out Titanfall has no single player campaign so it's back on the fence until demo/review time I think.

I'd be the same - but it seems like it is going to be one of those 'event' games, so I am certain I will pick it up, just to experience it.

THere is a campaign element to it, so hopefully they have done something with the match making or balancing so people who are poor at multi-player shooters can play and enjoy it. Make the AI characters idiots with potato shooters!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It just looks ridiculously fun to play in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    It just looks ridiculously fun to play in that video.

my fear is that it will resemble me playing C.O.D.

Spawn - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - shoot at someone - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - hit someone - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - OMG I KILLED SOMEONE - die - Spawn - die - "Xbox Go To Forza Motorsport 5".

Just posting this as a tip for any others in the same boat, started to download a 13GB game at 5pm ....... 8pm and 22% done on a 35mb line :mad:

Had my DNS set to googles for what ever reason so changed it to auto and got far more reasonable speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anybody know any good places to get live and points cheap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

http://www.xbox-live.com/en/
    cheapest I've seen so far...credit to another member here for this link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

my fear is that it will resemble me playing C.O.D.

Spawn - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - shoot at someone - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - hit someone - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - OMG I KILLED SOMEONE - die - Spawn - die - "Xbox Go To Forza Motorsport 5".

I will admit that that is my experience in COD and Battlefield most of the time (though in BF, I end up running for about a mile before I inevitably get killed). At the Eurogamer Expo last year though, I always felt powerful enough to hold my own in the fight - to the point where I felt I was more capable running around on foot with my Titan in follow-mode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement