Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

markad1 wrote: »
    http://www.xbox-live.com/en/
    cheapest I've seen so far...credit to another member here for this link

Thanks for that. Do you know how much each point is worth ? Say I bought the 2100 points hoe much € value will be applied to my account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you know how much each point is worth ? Say I bought the 2100 points hoe much € value will be applied to my account ?

Works out a 25eu odd like 25.40 I think

calex71 wrote: »
    Works out a 25eu odd like 25.40 I think

Thanks for that. And do you know if the site are reliable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thanks for that. And do you know if the site are reliable ?

The site is reliable, I've used it plenty of times. Don't think they have any points left though, just gift cards in euro and the savings aren't as good. The only saving that's really worth it is the €50 card for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Try ElectronicFirst as well. I've used them numerous times for Live Subscriptions and a few times for points. They might have some left -
    www.electronicfirst.com/‎

• Advertisement

Nolimits wrote: »
    The site is reliable, I've used it plenty of times. Don't think they have any points left though, just gift cards in euro and the savings aren't as good. The only saving that's really worth it is the €50 card for €40

Cool thanks. Looking for a new live membership and a €50 for my account. Do they take PayPal ?

Cool thanks. Looking for a new live membership and a €50 for my account. Do they take PayPal ?

They don't, probably because of the excessive charges. I signed up for Skrill to use that site, did my homework on it first and didn't find any problems, nor have I had any since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nolimits wrote: »

Hmm. That seems to show discounts of €25 based on the fact that the game would normally be €87 and I don't think even Microsoft have the cajones to charge €87 in the xbox store for games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, that has to be a mistake surely? Ridiculous prices, the "discounted" price is dearer than most places as it is.

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, that has to be a mistake surely? Ridiculous prices, the "discounted" price is dearer than most places as it is.

Really? €51.25 for Fifa and Madden, is that more expensive than most places? A quick look around shows both of those to be a good price (Fifa is a little cheaper on Amazon) they're both significantly cheaper than gamestop. MGS at €44 looks a good price as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/default.php?cPath=645_660
    Cheap enough site just order one at a time to avoid customs, it's marked as a DVD value of $20 so no duty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Random scenario / question: I tried to snap Netflix yesterday while playing FIFA in the main screen. I thought it'd be difficult enough to play FIFA while listening to Netflix, but bearable. It turned out to be sensory overload - the sound was playing from both at the same time.

Is there any way to configure the Xbox to only play audio from one App / Game at a time?
    (First world problem, I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Random scenario / question: I tried to snap Netflix yesterday while playing FIFA in the main screen. I thought it'd be difficult enough to play FIFA while listening to Netflix, but bearable. It turned out to be sensory overload - the sound was playing from both at the same time.

Is there any way to configure the Xbox to only play audio from one App / Game at a time?

Unfortunately, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Can't you just turn off all music and commentary and stuff in fifa settings and BOOM! the problem be solved :cool:

No way around it as said but there is a 1st world solution to your 1st would problem, If you have a smart TV with a netflix app PIP (Picture in Picture) that sucker and set sound source to sub screen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I was/am looking to buy NBA2K14 on the 360, and noticed it's only €33.89 (€39 delivered) on the Xbox One - HERE
    Wasn't sure where to put this. It may even be cheaper if there's something else you want available there.

Played the demo, now I'm hooked :). Brilliant game!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Allyall wrote: »
    I was/am looking to buy NBA2K14 on the 360, and noticed it's only €33.89 (€39 delivered) on the Xbox One - HERE
    Wasn't sure where to put this. It may even be cheaper if there's something else you want available there.

Hi, Where did you play demo of nba2k14 for xb1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Allyall wrote: »

Im just going to give you a little warning, the internet needs to be connected all the time for this game.
    You will forget about time alot and realise youve been playing for 7 hours and have to go to work an hour later at 8 in the morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hi, Where did you play demo of nba2k14 for xb1?

Harvey Norman.

Picked out the printer that was to be purchased before we entered the store.. :)

Played it on the the console, presumed it was the demo.. Played for ages, then bought the aio scanner/printer...

We played it for ages. I ended up going halves on it for €23 each. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

So I've just been playing Fifa and Battlefield on my Xb1 up to now, I'm now considering buying another game, just wondering weather Dead Rising is worth the money?

Thanks.

So I've just been playing Fifa and Battlefield on my Xb1 up to now, I'm now considering buying another game, just wondering weather Dead Rising is worth the money?

Thanks.

I have dead rising and it's so much fun. Way better than the first 2. I just need 2 blueprints and I have everything unlocked. Then to nightmare mode to get the mega man blaster :)

Thanks.

Yes very much so. How can an semi open world with 10's of thousands of zombies to mow down with crazy cars and home made weapons not be fun????

It's by no means game of the year or imo even as good as the previous games but still a fun time all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Thanks.

If I was you I would download the demo and give it a try
    I was going to buy it but then I played the demo, I just didn't like it at all if I'm honest

then again I never really liked the previous games either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Assassin's Creed Black Flag, all the way. The best in the series.

Just watched an ali-a video on YouTube he mentioned a link to www.g2a.com for game codes. I've had a look and they have fifa 14 for €31.90 and a 12 month subscription for €32.99 !! Seems very cheap to be honest. Also saw a 3 month subscription for 12.49. Also a lot of download codes for 360 games going cheap.

Just an update on my above post. I ordered fifa off the website and got the code emailed to me 10 minutes later. Happy out and just waiting for it to download mow :)

Just watched an ali-a video on YouTube he mentioned a link to www.g2a.com for game codes. I've had a look and they have fifa 14 for €31.90 and a 12 month subscription for €32.99 !! Seems very cheap to be honest. Also saw a 3 month subscription for 12.49. Also a lot of download codes for 360 games going cheap.

Cheap? you mean going for absolute buttons, Arkham City is going for 8.99 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    Cheap? you mean going for absolute buttons, Arkham City is going for 8.99 :eek:

Am I missing something? If you click on modern warfare 3 for 9.99, it doesnt say you're getting a download code, but rather 1200 Microsoft points to spend on it., sure that game is still 70 euro on the marketplace.

Edit: I was looking at map packs, doh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement