Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Am I missing something? If you click on modern warfare 3 for 9.99, it doesnt say you're getting a download code, but rather 1200 Microsoft points to spend on it., sure that game is still 70 euro on the marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Collection-2/d8b07225-4bfb-4ab3-84f5-5296ad789947

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Am I missing something? If you click on modern warfare 3 for 9.99, it doesnt say you're getting a download code, but rather 1200 Microsoft points to spend on it., sure that game is still 70 euro on the marketplace.

Is that one for a map pack maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is that one for a map pack maybe ?

Yup, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yup, my bad.

They do seem to have some great bargains, I think I saw black flag steam code for €28. I'm going to keep an eye on the site and pick up a live 12 months and a €50 voucher when I get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Anyone get access to the titanfall alpha test ??

• Advertisement

Has anyone had issues with 'record that' failing to store any clips? I've had several where the notification pops up that it was recorded,but when I go to look at it, I get an error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What's the story with GTA V on Xbox One? I can't see it in Gamestop/Game/Amazon.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Allyall wrote: »
    What's the story with GTA V on Xbox One? I can't see it in Gamestop/Game/Amazon.. :confused:

I does not exist. There are no plans to make it happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I does not exist. There are no plans to make it happen either.

Thanks. Thought I was going mad. Nephew said it was available, he must have 'guessed'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Has anyone had issues with 'record that' failing to store any clips? I've had several where the notification pops up that it was recorded,but when I go to look at it, I get an error message.

I used to have that problem on BF4 but once the game was updated it worked fine for me. Maybe try holding the power button on the console for 15 seconds to reset the cache. (Best guess)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

podgemk wrote: »
    Anyone get access to the titanfall alpha test ??

US only I believe.

http://vimeo.com/m/84446805

Titanfall gameplay here. I wonder is it all bots for the alpha? That room of grunts he runs into near the start weren't exactly making a huge effort to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Titanfall gameplay here. I wonder is it all bots for the alpha? That room of grunts he runs into near the start weren't exactly making a huge effort to kill him.

Video already gone and the guy is probably regretting putting it up right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I am having an issue with my TV and my Xbox One. The TV is HD ready but is older by modern standards and is only 720p. I am noticing a 'blur' on the players in Fifa (downloaded version) and I'm not sure if this is the TV, the game, or the console. I am only really noticing this recently which may mean that its not the TV.

I have googled the issue and have only really seen references to motion blurring in BF4. Has anyone experienced this or is anyone aware of a fix (hopefully other than get a new TV!!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How old is it? Sounds like it's the refresh rate on your tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It must be about 7 years old by now I'd say. I have to say I didn't notice it on COD, but that could be down to the type of game I suppose. I presume if it is a refresh rate issue it means that it is at the end of its useful life?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Vudgie wrote: »
    I am having an issue with my TV and my Xbox One. The TV is HD ready but is older by modern standards and is only 720p. I am noticing a 'blur' on the players in Fifa (downloaded version) and I'm not sure if this is the TV, the game, or the console. I am only really noticing this recently which may mean that its not the TV.

I have googled the issue and have only really seen references to motion blurring in BF4. Has anyone experienced this or is anyone aware of a fix (hopefully other than get a new TV!!!!).

Is it your first time using the HDMI input? Some of the older TV add processing to any signal they get in on some input, which can end up as lag. Try seeing if there is a game mode in the settings on your tv, you should be able to set it per input.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

13GB patch for Dead Rising 3.... near 70% of the total install size of the game itself. WTF are capcom doing with that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

13GB patch for Dead Rising 3.... near 70% of the total install size of the game itself. WTF are capcom doing with that!?
    The file sizes for all games seem stupid they could release a few mini games with the size of the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Isn't the DLC for DR3 due tomorrow? might have something to do with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dor83 wrote: »
    Isn't the DLC for DR3 due tomorrow? might have something to do with that.

Yep - but I am not getting the DLC, so a patch of that size is a pain in the hole.

If the DLC needs that big a patch, then bundle it with the DLC and give the people who just want the original game the fixes that are required for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Maybe it is to allow players to play online whether they have it or not, so say I have the DLC and you don't, you could still join my game without it and maybe play in the new locations but not have access to the other new stuff. I might be wrong as I'm just guessing but it could be something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dor83 wrote: »
    Maybe it is to allow players to play online whether they have it or not, so say I have the DLC and you don't, you could still join my game without it and maybe play in the new locations but not have access to the other new stuff. I might be wrong as I'm just guessing but it could be something like that.

Was thinking along these lines myself - glad I've unlimited download cap

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Just lobbed the game in for the first tine and got that pop up on my screen. So ive started the download, question is Can I take out the disc and play another game (Ghosts..fifa...etc...) and will it keep downloading or does the disc need to be in the machine while downloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just lobbed the game in for the first tine and got that pop up on my screen. So ive started the download, question is Can I take out the disc and play another game (Ghosts..fifa...etc...) and will it keep downloading or does the disc need to be in the machine while downloading?

You don't need the disc in the tray to keep the update downloading(assuming the game is already installed), i played ghosts online and that seems to pause the download but that's probably because I was playing online, maybe it would continue if you were playing a singleplayer game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cXnquz6mHjA - some titanfall footage from the alpha tests

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

wexdevil wrote: »
    You don't need the disc in the tray to keep the update downloading(assuming the game is already installed), i played ghosts online and that seems to pause the download but that's probably because I was playing online, maybe it would continue if you were playing a singleplayer game

Game isn't installed, this is the first time putting the DR3 disc in the xbox....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

6 vs. 6 - multiplayer only?.....:rolleyes: , how is that even good, woeful compared to BF4....its just COD or BF with robots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

jenjenten wrote: »
    6 vs. 6 - multiplayer only?.....:rolleyes: , how is that even good, woeful compared to BF4....its just COD or BF with robots.
    It doesn't seem to be an issue for any of the people who've played it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement