Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 whatststory101

but you need to be online nowadays be willing to spend the £65 to £100 euro on the new games r you will only be playing 30 percent off the game very little go,s into single mode anymore its all put into online modes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

but you need to be online nowadays

No you don't
    be willing to spend the £65 to £100 euro on the new games

No you don't
    r you will only be playing 30 percent off the game

No you wont
    very little go,s into single mode anymore

Yes it does
    its all put into online modes

No it isn't

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

dor83 wrote: »
    Isn't the DLC for DR3 due tomorrow? might have something to do with that.

And all the planned DLC will be single player....this is good imo as i prefer SP content :)

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/20/dead-rising-3-dlc-will-be-single-player-only/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

jenjenten wrote: »
    6 vs. 6 - multiplayer only?.....:rolleyes: , how is that even good, woeful compared to BF4....its just COD or BF with robots.

I don't care how many players it has as long as it's good, and it looks really good. People need to stop comparing apples with oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

jenjenten wrote: »
    6 vs. 6 - multiplayer only?.....:rolleyes: , how is that even good, woeful compared to BF4....its just COD or BF with robots.

Won't affect you since it's not coming to PS4.

• Advertisement

Won't affect you since it's not coming to PS4.

pmsl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

but you need to be online nowadays be willing to spend the £65 to £100 euro on the new games r you will only be playing 30 percent off the game very little go,s into single mode anymore its all put into online modes

There's a huge choice of offline single player games. At the moment I'd much prefer an online fps with all its resources put into online than a sketchy game with a tacked on campaign mode.

There's a huge choice of offline single player games. At the moment I'd much prefer an online fps with all its resources put into online than a sketchy game with a tacked on campaign mode.

exactly, I dont think too many people are buying first person shooters for the story mode*, most of them can be finished in a half days play at best. And the resources it takes up must be huge, between writers, actors,music, animation etc. If anything, scrapping the single player would bring the production budget down, and give them a chance to properly sort the online components, hopefully preventing debacles like Battlefield 4s launch.

*I dont include the likes of far cry 3 in this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

exactly, I dont think too many people are buying first person shooters for the story mode, most of them can be finished in a half days play at best. And the resources it takes up must be huge, between writers, actors,music, animation etc. If anything, scrapping the single player would bring the production budget down, and give them a chance to properly sort the online components, hopefully preventing debacles like Battlefield 4s launch.

They're certainly not buying them for the story while the story is utter tripe, that's a certainty.

That said, the last fps I bought was halo 4 and was very happy with that ones story, an all around great game in my book. Oh, I also bought Dishonoured, but again, that's story driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Just saw some screens for the new tomb raider, looks amazing in comparison to the 360 version, could be tempted to get it again!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17107-Tomb-Raider--Definitive-Edition-Trailer-Shows-Off-Improved-Visuals.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can anyone tell me if this is possible:

I am using upload studio to make a sort of montage of clips I've recorded from NBA 2K14, but the editor only lets you piece together 5 clips in a video. It then saves this video as one clip... Can I make 2 or 3 videos of 5 clips and then use them in the multi-clip editor? So I would be using 5 clips of 5 clips if that makes sense?

If not, I can make them separate and then download them from SkyDrive, but just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I am using upload studio to make a sort of montage of clips I've recorded from NBA 2K14, but the editor only lets you piece together 5 clips in a video. It then saves this video as one clip... Can I make 2 or 3 videos of 5 clips and then use them in the multi-clip editor? So I would be using 5 clips of 5 clips if that makes sense?

If not, I can make them separate and then download them from SkyDrive, but just wondering.
    I posted it elsewhere. Apparently you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Yeah you can,I've done it myself,but the overall length of the the finished video can be no longer than 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Ahhhhhh! I finally got one today!! got a nice deal with forza and cod ghosts and an extra controller, so happy I went with x1. couldn't resist that controller way to nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh! I finally got one today!! got a nice deal with forza and cod ghosts and an extra controller, so happy I went with x1. couldn't resist that controller way to nice!

How much was the deal and where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I REALLLLLLY like the look of this and the potential it carries!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance unveiled - open world medieval sword fighter for Xbox One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Too many "subject too..." on their website at the moment for them to have any of my money, knowing how microsoft are they may have a struggle with them over certain things, and a PC version of it holds no interest for me.

calex71 wrote: »
    Too many "subject too..." on their website at the moment for them to have any of my money, knowing how microsoft are they may have a struggle with them over certain things, and a PC version of it holds no interest for me.

The biggest problem with most of these kickstarter things is that they never seem to come to fruition properly, instead we get a buggy mess of a thing, that while is very ambitious, manages to miss most of its goals. The influx in funding seems to lead to them losing focus on the original idea.

The biggest problem with most of these kickstarter things is that they never seem to come to fruition properly, instead we get a buggy mess of a thing, that while is very ambitious, manages to miss most of its goals. The influx in funding seems to lead to them losing focus on the original idea.

Key difference here tho is it's not fully funded by kickstarter. It just requires 10% of it's budget from Kickstarter from what I see.

DaLad wrote: »
    Key difference here tho is it's not fully funded by kickstarter. It just requires 10% of it's budget from Kickstarter from what I see.

Thats different then, I just get put off when i hear things like "1 million and we'll have mulitplayer, extra levels etc"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I know I'm probably late to the party for this because my Saorview / Freeview HD box was out of action for a while, but the TV Pass through is really brilliant on the Xbox. Never mind that the actual TV / OneGuide stuff is not working, just the HDMI pass through is brilliant.

Like, whenever there is a break in a program on telly, it's just a quick click and can play a bit of a game with the TV Snapped to the side.

The show comes back and switch to full screen.

Ah, the show is over and then finish off the game from the exact point you were just as you switched to full screen.

Simple but amazing. It just works :) ... No stuttering or judder as has happened with some other Set top boxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

anybody else unable to sign in to the account on xbox one tonight?

miju wrote: »

Was just coming to ask same, error code 0x80048883

Signed to the 360 no problem.

Turned off the 360 and the One it signed in with just the one on ..... oddness

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

miju wrote: »

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

"Having issues with Xbox Live sign in? We currently have our top engineers investigating this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work. We'll update you again in 30 minutes."

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

DaLad wrote: »

IBacket is laggy as all hell!!

Another thing they haven't fixed from the 360..... if you disconnect from a wireless network it forgets the wireless key :mad:

By the way anyone having issues again tonight? Nevermind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody get the dead rising dlc ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody get the dead rising dlc ?

I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Wondering can any 1 help my Xbox starts up grand but Wil not go in to anything off the home screen can't get into games or apps. Not even settings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement