Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gotthebug wrote: »
    Wondering can any 1 help my Xbox starts up grand but Wil not go in to anything off the home screen can't get into games or apps. Not even settings

Sounds like the problem i had earlier, wasn't connected to live even though my internet was fine. Do you see a log in to live message to the right of the main home screen?

I disconnected from my wireless and ran the tests but in the end as with most windows issues a reboot fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

calex71 wrote: »
    I did

It any good/worth the money ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It any good/worth the money ?

I had the season pass which clocked in at 29.99 the 1st DLC took under 2 hours to complete and collect everything, not it did fit in very well with te story of the main game but was way too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had the season pass which clocked in at 29.99 the 1st DLC took under 2 hours to complete and collect everything, not it did fit in very well with te story of the main game but was way too short.

Thanks for that. I might hold off on it then until it's reduced in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Are downloaded games bound to your account or the console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Are downloaded games bound to your account or the console?

Well kind of both really, with setting a home console with your account anyone can play the downloaded game online or offline. If you were visiting a mate and signed in on your account you could download the game again on his xbox but he wouldn't be able to play it without your account unless you set his xbox as your home console.

I think that's how it works anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Does anyone have a disc copy of Forza or Cod they'd like to swap for Battlefield 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting:

Industry Insider: Xbox One 10% reserved GPU getting turned into 2% soon

I haven't played my one in weeks, desperate for some new games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RUMOUR: District 9 director Neil Blomkamp reportedly set to direct upcoming Halo TV pilot
    Film director Neil Blomkamp, best known for his work on the documentary-styled sci-fi release District 9, will direct the pilot episode of the upcoming Halo television series slated to come to Xbox One, according to a report from the film publication Latino Review.

Blomkamp was previously attached to direct a feature film based on the game franchise following the development of a series of live-action promotional shorts for Halo 3 in 2007. The film was eventually canned follwing studio disputes. The director has since said he would likely not return to the film project if it was offered to him.

This is the first piece of info regarding this project that has actually gotten me excited... if it turns out to be true of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Otacon wrote: »
    RUMOUR: District 9 director Neil Blomkamp reportedly set to direct upcoming Halo TV pilot

This is the first piece of info regarding this project that has actually gotten me excited... if it turns out to be true of course.

Have you seen Elysium? he directed that as well, a lot of ideas from that were stolen borrowed from the halo universe IMO. It looked fantastic, so I'd be delighted if he got the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Have you seen Elysium? he directed that as well, a lot of ideas from that were stolen borrowed from the halo universe IMO. It looked fantastic, so I'd be delighted if he got the gig.

While I enjoyed the visual style of Elysium, Blomkamp's message overtook the story far too much. Depending on the script he gets, this could be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Microsoft have bought Gears of War outright and will be handling all future games internally.

Varik wrote: »
    Microsoft have bought Gears of War outright and will be handling all future games internally.

So info here http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17155-Gears-of-War-Rights-Acquired-By-Microsoft-Studios--Black-Tusk-To-Develop.html

^ and with a possible Crackdown 3 announcement shortly, could be two big franchises returning.

(Not a massive fan of either though)

Huh, thats interesting, I often wondered where they could go with that story though, seeing as its pretty much all wrapped up by the end of 3. I didnt play Judgement but I gather that the reception was good but the sales werent great.

maybe something set during the often mentioned pendulum wars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

maximoose wrote: »
    ^ and with a possible Crackdown 3 announcement shortly, could be two big franchises returning.

(Not a massive fan of either though)
    http://www.ruffiangames.com/2014/01/27/introducing-game-of-glens/

Nope! Not Crackdown 3 yet

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Huh, thats interesting, I often wondered where they could go with that story though, seeing as its pretty much all wrapped up by the end of 3. I didnt play Judgement but I gather that the reception was good but the sales werent great.

maybe something set during the often mentioned pendulum wars?

Post locust/lambent could be the people warring with each other for control? whatever they do I'm sure they'll make a decent game.....at some point, wouldn't want to guess how many gears games they'll make before that happens.

Post locust/lambent could be the people warring with each other for control? whatever they do I'm sure they'll make a decent game.....at some point, wouldn't want to guess how many gears games they'll make before that happens.

I enjoyed the first 3, some of the best fun I've had in gaming. Horde mode in 3 was perfection. there was a great community of players who used to run through on Insane difficuly. and they were gorgeous games as well. It'll be interesting to see what can be achieved on then new hardware. - I'd be hoping for huge maps, masses of enemies and 12 or more human players against the horde. It could be incredible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I enjoyed the first 3, some of the best fun I've had in gaming. Horde mode in 3 was perfection. there was a great community of players who used to run through on Insane difficuly. and they were gorgeous games as well. It'll be interesting to see what can be achieved on then new hardware. - I'd be hoping for huge maps, masses of enemies and 12 or more human players against the horde. It could be incredible.

So did I, and 3 games (all good) is a good run. Hopefully MS can do justice to the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I enjoyed the first 3, some of the best fun I've had in gaming. Horde mode in 3 was perfection. there was a great community of players who used to run through on Insane difficuly.
    If you had a group of people you knew who played the game, sure. Playing with randoms wasn't fun. But honestly that doesn't make Gears unique. I didn't know people in real life who played it a lot, but had a group of people I knew on Live who also spent a fairly insane amount of hours on the Gears franchise (and some other stuff).

I never got Judgment. Didn't like the sound of it from what I was hearing. And it was funny, the group I'd play with were constantly bitching about it, but still played the heck out of it.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    If you had a group of people you knew who played the game, sure. Playing with randoms wasn't fun. But honestly that doesn't make Gears unique. I didn't know people in real life who played it a lot, but had a group of people I knew on Live who also spent a fairly insane amount of hours on the Gears franchise (and some other stuff).

I never got Judgment. Didn't like the sound of it from what I was hearing. And it was funny, the group I'd play with were constantly bitching about it, but still played the heck out of it.

In fairness, almost all online games with randoms are miserable. :rolleyes: once you get a party set up and dont have to listen to kids being homophobic and racist, lifes a breeze!

Not sure if it was mentioned, but for those who feel the need to change their gamer tag it seems it can be done once for free on the one.

Costs 800 points or what ever that is in real money now to do it on the 360.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but for those who feel the need to change their gamer tag it seems it can be done once for free on the one.

You can do it once on the 360 too, unless that changed?

Guys sorry if it was asked, I know videogamesplus.ca was mentioned already but for those who have bought from them what were the delivery times like?

Looking at the prices I certainly wouldn't be put out by a 10-14 day wait on a game from them.

Just over a week for the two games I've got from them. Will be using them a lot.

maximoose wrote: »
    Just over a week for the two games I've got from them. Will be using them a lot.

Too right, just did a check there for the new lego game, listed as 54.99 on game stops site, with those canadian guys it works out at €32 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

And how exactly do you do it? I checked about 2 weeks ago for the laugh but it wanted money for it, never changed my GT since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Think it's only free once if you picked an automatic gamertag?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    And how exactly do you do it? I checked about 2 weeks ago for the laugh but it wanted money for it, never changed my GT since 2005.

here it is

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/xbox-one-change-gamertag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

As said above, that is if you have the random Gamertag Microsoft gives you when you set up a profile.

Think if you chose your own gamertag you have to pay for the change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement